closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Planet Ocean Confusion :(

Planet Ocean Confusion :(

Im thinking of making a purchase from Goldsmiths,if they can offer me a decent discount!

If you go on the website there are 10's of planet oceans all with different prices and slightly different specs!
    Im confused to say the least at the difference between some models, if any! Im not thinking of selling it but in the back
    of my mind, if there comes a point I have to sell, I want to make sure Im buying one that I can move on relatively quickly.

The choice I have is 41mm, 45.5 and 46mm which I think must be a typo on Goldsmiths part? I'm thinking the 41mm is big enough but am I mad?
    Then its on face and bezel colour, I already have a black seamaster so Im drawn to the blue but unsure of the orange.
    Maybe stick to the black face, orange markers and the ceramic bezel?

Experience from current owners would be appreciated!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Try before you buy! The 8500 POs are very thick, plenty of people say too thick. The 45.5 is a big beast of a watch, which I thought wore better on rubber than steel when I tried it. Ultimately its down to what you feed comfortable wearing, but I wouldn't gamble on the size if buying new as you stand to lose a fair chunk if you sell it on after paying retail, £2500 is about what they go for on Sales Corner.

Apprentice
    Totally agree, the 45mm is fairly big and if you have small wrists doesn't look quite right on a bracelet.

Master
    I'd say that's two typos on the goldsmiths site, the PO is 42mm or 45.5mm

IMO, the safest colour combo is black face/bezel with white numerals, and the blue dial/bezel is titanium so commands a premium over the steel.
    Last edited by warns74; 2nd February 2015 at 16:09.

I agree the range is confusing. I really like the 42mm with black bezel and orange numbers as the best standard PO. That's either on bracelet or rubberized strap. I'm also a fan of the fairly new GMT version which comes in SS and Titanium.

Handily it sits at 43.5mm and therefore a really nice compromise between heft and practicallity having recently tried one on at Harrods. Its also slightly more interesting looking watch IMHO.

If you can find a used one then the blue faced/blue bezelled titanium one is anoher really nice option. But at nearly £5k list for the SS version then you really need to either have a good AD doing 20% discounts or buy used. Watchfinder had one in stock not so long ago.

However, unless you buy one here on TZ then be prepared to lose some money should want to flip it a few months later.

Master
    Unless you HAVE to buy from Goldsmiths, I would have a good look on the Iconic Watches website and buy a grey import from the EU. Much better prices and still full Omega warranty.