closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekend in Aberdeen

Journeyman
    This thread really makes me want to move away now - all I have known is Aberdeen city/shire.

Update

Given the amount of interest in my question I think an update is in order.

We have a lovely time in the Granite City, and it would have been nice to have had time to explore further.

Okay, it's a bit scruffy but the grandness is there underneath the surface and there's plenty to interest the city-lover.

We drank some great beer in some great pubs (visiting the full spectrum from The Grill to 6DN). We walked on Saturday from the city centre to Old Aberdeen, and along the Esplanade to Footdee.
    Our outing on the bus to Stonehaven on Sunday was a revelation - what a lovely place. Good fish and chips and great pubs, too. The weather was superb.

Like many, I have mixed feelings about the city because it's a place I've always associated with leaving home for work. This was the first time I haven't arrived with a knotted stomach. However, if you like cities there are certainly worse places to visit.

Thanks to those who gave constructive tips.

The dreaming spires.

Footdee:

Stonehaven:

Glad you enjoyed, the weather held for you

Master
    Pleased you enjoyed your visit. I realised that while I don't think of the city centre as tourist friendly, it has a good range of shops, hotels, bars and restaurants. I was delighted when we finally got a Wagamama, Pret a manger and an Apple Store! Used to only visit these on trips to Glasgow or London.

Dave

Master
    If I'm waiting at the station after coming back from offshore my treat is normally a trip to Wagamama or YoSushi for a bite to eat.