closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Emergency just too big

Breitling Emergency just too big

The world’s first wristwatch with a built-in dual frequency Personal Locator Beacon, but the crazy size surely makes this unwearable at 51mm (looks like this is just the bezel not the case size !) and 21.6mm deep. Full spec here:

http://www.breitling.com/en/models/p...49676666865106

I saw one of these in an AD’s window and they are just huge and the price even more so at £12K.
    How many of these are likely to be sold in the real world, is this really just a marketing piece ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    How many of these are likely to be sold in the real world, is this really just a marketing piece ?
    Safe to say Breitling have done their market research. It will sell to those elements of society that have plenty of money and like very big watches that are talking pieces.

Craftsman
    I've tried the E2 on a number of times. Its crazy big, but I still wanted one... Spoke to a few dealers (including Breitling boutique) and it sounds like they've been selling pretty well, which is surprising considering the price.

I always fancied trying one, but have had a few watches of a similar size, and they just feel silly.Would imagine that they prove difficult to move on too.

Just but my Emergency one on SC instead. :D less than a quarter of the price of an E2 and easier to wear. (Just not as technically advanced.) ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    The world’s first wristwatch with a built-in dual frequency Personal Locator Beacon, but the crazy size surely makes this unwearable at 51mm.
    I saw one of these in an AD’s window and they are just huge and the price even more so at £12K.
    Big is fashionable amongst many with money, its a visible way of displaying your clout, (see Deepsea and Yacht Master) size matters, even when you don't know what to do with it.

Master
    It's equal parts fabulous and ridiculous, for me. Almost big enough that the rescue teams could spot it without needing the radio signal. Strangely magnificent nonetheless.

Craftsman
    No doubt will sell to Russians and Chinese, more money than sense. Just too big in my opinion.

Banned
    Tried on the E2 at Breitling Manchester, I like big watches but this way over the top, again the sale's guy said there selling well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    Tried on the E2 at Breitling Manchester, I like big watches but this way over the top, again the sale's guy said there selling well.
    Must be all the flight crews from Manchester airport

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Big is fashionable amongst many with money, its a visible way of displaying your clout, (see Deepsea and Yacht Master) size matters, even when you don't know what to do with it.

Are those 43mm and 44mm (YMII) watches really the two biggest watches you could think of? The 43mm one has a case water resistance of 3900m +25% as you know. It's hardly big for the sake of it.

I saw one in a dealer's window at the weekend and had to do a double take - its absolutely huge, and looked even more so placed next to the other standard sized Breitlings.

Quote Originally Posted by ajpac View Post
    No doubt will sell to Russians and Chinese, more money than sense.
    Yeah, stupid foreigners. They're all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Are those 43mm and 44mm (YMII) watches really the two biggest watches you could think of? The 43mm one has a case water resistance of 3900m +25% as you know. It's hardly big for the sake of it.
    Just examples of large pricey watches bought by folk to make an impression on others chum, feel free to add your own examples.

n2

Craftsman
    Just examples of large pricey watches bought by folk to make an impression on others chum, feel free to add your own examples.

n2
    Or bought by people who like Rolex sports models but find the 40mm Sub too small on a 7.5" wrist!

The DSSD's just an awesome piece and wears a lot smaller than a lot of others, the Omega POC9300 that a lump of metal on the wrist! and 2cm thick!!!

YMII tho thats just plain fugly never mind what size it is!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Its all a matter of taste. There is no such thing as too big (quiet at the back please!!!).

Master
    Have also tried the E2 at a watch show and yes it completely swamps your wrist / arm. Funny thing was a middle aged woman was besotted with it and then actually bought it.... She had had a few drinks, I wonder if she still felt the same way in the morning

Grand Master
    With my skinny 6.75" wrists, I`d look and feel like a silly twat wearing one of these.

Pointless gimmick IMO, really don`t get it.

Someone must buy 'em or they wouldn't make 'em.

Paul

That's a refreshing view. Not!

Banned
    The watch is far too big, but the same could be said of the rrp

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    With my skinny 6.75" wrists, I`d look and feel like a silly twat wearing one of these.
    I've got the same size wrists and tried one on in Milton Keynes purely out of interest. Needless to say it couldn't have looked more wrong!

Love the technology, build and looks though.

Tried one on last year in the Westfield's AD and I genuinely love it. Already have the standard Emergency, but would love to be in a position to upgrade to the behemoth.

n2
    I don't feel the need to add exaples, because I believe your premise is wrong and possibly based on envy...

Do you also believe that all 911s are bought with banker's bonuses?

I put my name down when it was first spoken about... before any dimentions were released. I got a shock at the price too... needless to say I didnt buy it. Its just too big for me. I have just had my MK1 serviced and it looks new again. I thought MK1's would hit the floor value wise but it seems they have actually gone up slightly as lots of people hoping to trade into the new one realise its not for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    I don't feel the need to add exaples, because I believe your premise is wrong and possibly based on envy...

Do you also believe that all 911s are bought with banker's bonuses?
    Hahahahahaaahahahahahaahaah, still PMSL

Craftsman
    Depends on wrist size, what you've been doing, who's after you and if you want to be found before you or its nicked.
    Last edited by Naesuk; 30th January 2015 at 15:16.

It's actually the height which would give me the greatest concern. Almost 22mm! The only watch I've tried which approached that was the Omega Z-33 and that looked ludicrous to my eyes.

Still, you can bet that Breitling will have done their research; I bet it will sell well.

(And the technology is quite cool...)