closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Researching my Omega HS^8's history

Researching my Omega HS^8's history

I've been doing a bit of research on the HS^8 Omega that I recently purchased, luckily the previous owner gave me the name of the original owner (his uncle) some limited info about his service and his collar badges that where stored with the watch.
    The guy who sold me the watch said his uncle (I have his name) was a Cpo radio operator during WW2 he served on the ark royal in the Malta convoys.

The watch and patches.

Now the patches I showed them on a few sites the general thoughts where they where foreign possibly polish. well I've found they are British they are CPO wireless radio operators collar badges :-) this fits his story perfectly also these where part of the fleet air arm that the hs^8 watches where issued too also fits the arc Royal but the arc royal was sunk in 1941 the omega issued in 1943? And the collars are from the early 50's going buy this site http://www.godfreydykes.info/RN_COMM..._THE_YEARS.htm

I'd like to pick your guys brains on the type of servicemen these watches where issued too and so far I feel pretty confident the original owner might have been issued this watch.

I'd also like to find out a little more about a CPO wireless radio or wireless telephone roles where and if issued this type of watch why?

I feel so lucky to have a few titbits of information and would hate to see them disappear like tears in the rain.

so I've a bit more work to do. I have the servicemans name so when I'm at Kew later in the year researching my grandad I'm going to try and piece a few things together. Oh I love military watches.
    Last edited by Baden H; 28th January 2015 at 16:30.