closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Chronext.co.uk

Journeyman
    Got an update from them that my watch is now up for sale as well, took a while but they've been responding to my emails so it's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    The price is the price (already cheap) unless you find an online discount code. I was lucky there was a 10% one avaliable which brought in in cheaper than any other grey source.
    Are you able to share where you found a discount code please?

Master
    Blog Entries
    It was on CWARD forum., but the code is no longer valid. Your best option is to phone and quote this forum as I believe there's a forum discount

Thanks Scepticalist. Will give that a try when I make my purchase.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by herusix View Post
    Heard back from them today possible looking at another 6 to 8 wks wait! I get the feeling that even that may not be definite.
    They inferred that it might be because they(Nomos) may be dropping that particular model(Nomos club hand wind with Glass back).

On the one hand I don't mind waiting however, I don't want to wait another 2-months potentially and then be told it wont be available at all.
    They have given me the option to wait, cancel and get a full refund, or get a 50% refund and wait then pay the balance upon receipt.

Really not sure what to do.
    - - - Updated - - -

Heard back from them today possible looking at another 6 to 8 wks wait! I get the feeling that even that may not be definite.
    They inferred that it might be because they(Nomos) may be dropping that particular model(Nomos club hand wind with Glass back).

On the one hand I don't mind waiting however, I don't want to wait another 2-months potentially and then be told it wont be available at all.
    They have given me the option to wait, cancel and get a full refund, or get a 50% refund and wait then pay the balance upon receipt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alun View Post
    Are you able to share where you found a discount code please?

Search on SC for the forum code.

Steve

Master
    Anyone know what the latest discount code is for Chronext?

The code posted on SC may not work now as Alex has left Chronext

Really... oh i did not know that !

nice guy!

I bought a watch from them a couple of weeks ago and they still honoured the discount - dealt with a guy called Jacob.

When I inquired about a watch last week, mentioning the tz discount, they said they don't do any discount codes at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Ive just tried to buy a watch from chronext and after 3 weeks of them lying to me about the watch being in stock and that it was getting delivered they finally fest up and admitted it wasn't in stock, no customer service skills what so ever. what they do is post pictures of watches that they don't have in stock then when you've paid they try and find said watch which to me is completely wrong in all aspects.

so i got a refund after 3 weeks, two days after that they tried it on again saying they had a watch now in stock and wanted me to pay up for a pretend watch, i will never use these lot again i was shocked

Similar to the above.

Ordered a Speedy Pro and after the 14 days agreed delivery date had passed without arrival the comms on when to expect delivery became vague so I cancelled.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

I brought a Breitling Colt from them recently. Listed as 2 week delivery. A couple of days after my order I got a message saying it would be "presumed to be delivered " in 14 days, then the day before it was due to be delivered I got a message saying there was a delay.

Almost a week later I got an email saying they couldn't tell me the status of my order due to "system updates". I sent an email to suggest that I wasn't impressed that it was over 3 weeks since they'd got my money, and they couldn't tell me when my watch would arrive but did now list the same model on their website with a "delivered by" date showing.

The morning after I got an email saying to say the watch is coming tomorrow, which it did.

I can accept having to wait a bit to get a discounted price without having to haggle, but the managing of order is flaky and it gets irritating when every email has a stock paragraph added going on about how they want your transaction to be perfect, in spite of the fact that it really isn't!

Quote Originally Posted by ej86 View Post
    I brought a Breitling Colt from them recently. Listed as 2 week delivery. A couple of days after my order I got a message saying it would be "presumed to be delivered " in 14 days, then the day before it was due to be delivered I got a message saying there was a delay.

Almost a week later I got an email saying they couldn't tell me the status of my order due to "system updates". I sent an email to suggest that I wasn't impressed that it was over 3 weeks since they'd got my money, and they couldn't tell me when my watch would arrive but did now list the same model on their website with a "delivered by" date showing.

The morning after I got an email saying to say the watch is coming tomorrow, which it did.

I can accept having to wait a bit to get a discounted price without having to haggle, but the managing of order is flaky and it gets irritating when every email has a stock paragraph added going on about how they want your transaction to be perfect, in spite of the fact that it really isn't!
    Ive ordered my misses a Breitling Galactic 32 for her 30th. Was told 3 weeks not I get the delivery as 3/5/2017. I have emailed them back to say I am not impressed with the time frame and asked for an alternative source for the watch etc. to speed the process up. They are above board, just flaky from what I have read.

Master
    Given people's comments on them, I'll give them a miss

They've replied to my email regarding the TZ discount.

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately this code is no longer valid and we do not have a new TZ code for the forum members. Nonetheless we would be happy to welcome you as a customer in the near future.

That's weird as Jacob honoured it a couple of weeks ago. Have to say the comms were not great, but ringing seemed to get swift responses, and the watch arrived on the agreed date (last Monday).

I called yesterday and made some noises, they have said the order will be with me 21/4/17 now. So lets see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Walesy View Post
    I called yesterday and made some noises, they have said the order will be with me 21/4/17 now. So lets see what happens.
    21/4/17 has came and nearly gone, no watch. caught them out telling lies aswell.

1. Yesterday they told me the watch was scratched and that they would be chasing a replacement, told them I need the watch here before end of next week...no commitment.
    2. Called today for an update, 'Oh sorry Sir, we have an issue with our supplier'

I think I am going to cancel and pay the extra from an AD to get the watch .... whats your thoughts?

Similar to what happened to me. Shame really as honest communication if there are logistical delays would be accepted.

Vague delivery dates that pass without arrival and deliberate miscommunication is not good enough.

I cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    what they do is post pictures of watches that they don't have in stock then when you've paid they try and find said watch which to me is completely wrong in all aspects.
    It's becoming pretty clear that this is their business model. Maybe they should just be open about it.

Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    Similar to what happened to me. Shame really as honest communication if there are logistical delays would be accepted.

Vague delivery dates that pass without arrival and deliberate miscommunication is not good enough.

I cancelled.

I'm going to see what they say this week for a date see if they can give me a concrete date. The AD is £600 more for the watch. That's the best they can do. But they have it in stock.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I asked about a vintage Sinn on their site- not available. I then asked about 3 other Sinn's, eventually they emailed me back after a chase up email from me and offered me 3 completely different watches. Complete shower.

Master
    So both Chronext and Watchmaster are worth avoiding. Coincidence they're both German?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I placed an order on Friday for a Chronomat GMT, I emailed them because my payment was showing as pending (it had be cleared as OK by my CC company), this was the reply I got back some 30 hours later:

"All orders must first be checked by our transactions security team, once this has been done we will confirm receipt of the payment for you."

I will post up how the transaction progresses.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It's a bit of a shame, although inevitable I suppose that Chronext have become a victim of their own success. They were excellent early doors, I've had no problems at all. It seems they can't deal with demand now which is something they need to sort quickly because the people pouring money into them will be asking questions.

Finally got a reply last night at 21:27 WRT order progress:

"We are pleased to inform you that your Breitling Chronomat GMT will presumably be delivered during the week commencing 08.05.2017. We will be sure to inform you once the watch has been dispatched with a more exact delivery date"

The use of the work "presumably " is a little weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post

The use of the work "presumably " is a little weird!
    'Presumably' they haven't found one yet!

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    That was my thought, dispite it being clearly listed on their site, there is one still listed now.

Maybe it's because they are German and they are not translating "estimated" that well?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Maybe it's because they are German and they are not translating "estimated" that well?
    Perhaps but the rest of the message is perfect English and it was sent by a UK customer service bod.

Ah...very odd then! I'm considering a purchase from chronext so am taking an interest in this thread!

Ah...very odd then! I'm considering a purchase from chronext so am taking an interest in this thread!
    Since it appears all they'll do is source the watch somewhere else for you, why not cut out the middle man?

Since it appears all they'll do is source the watch somewhere else for you, why not cut out the middle man?
    That would be OK if you knew where to source the watch from at the discount they offer.

That would be OK if you knew where to source the watch from at the discount they offer.
    What discount do they offer?

What discount do they offer?
    Depends on the watch, why don't you look on their site?

Depends on the watch, why don't you look on their site?
    I did just that, to please you. The first watch that caught my eye was a Sub 114060, at £5450.

I looked for the same watch on Chrono24. There's one for £4950 at Watchfinder.

In effect, you would have paid Chronext five hundred quid to do a Chrono24 search for you. If you think that's good value, I'll do it for four hundred.

I did just that, to please you. The first watch that caught my eye was a Sub 114060, at £5450.

I looked for the same watch on Chrono24. There's one for £4950 at Watchfinder.

In effect, you would have paid Chronext five hundred quid to do a Chrono24 search for you. If you think that's good value, I'll do it for four hundred.
    Of course you would be advised to do proper research first, I got 25% off list for my watch, so your point is what?

This. I hope your wait is not too long but pretty poor business practice really when the site gives the 'impression' of stock readily available. Seems their supply chain is having issues!

I was told yesterday the one I ordered for her in doors would be in tomorrow, we will see.

This. I hope your wait is not too long but pretty poor business practice really when the site gives the 'impression' of stock readily available. Seems their supply chain is having issues!
    They quote 14 days for my watch, I suspect they stock very little and rely on the AD holding stock they can "call off".

They quote 14 days for my watch, I suspect they stock very little and rely on the AD holding stock they can "call off".

Which is fine if the 14 days is met. However in my recent experience this was not the case so sourcing the stock seems to be an issue currently.

Which is fine if the 14 days is met. However in my recent experience this was not the case so sourcing the stock seems to be an issue currently.
    I will keep this thread updated, they are centainly not very prompt on answering emails once the sale has been made.

Technical the 14 day count should have started last Friday, but because of the "security checks" fid not start till yesterday.

I suspect your sourcing stock comment may well have substance.

Banned
    Best of luck, I hope they come through. I used them last month and all was very good.

Update:

I have cancelled my order with Chronext this afternoon, they failed to keep me updated on the progress of my order and email responses were particularly slow. It was slated for delivery this week starting from Monday but when I called to chase it today they could not tell me when it would be shipping or whether they even had it in stock/ordered it.

I have now ordered from Precision Time Ltd so at least it is a UK based company local to me so I can collect if I want to.

I'm still thinking about making a purchase from Chronext. Any other experiences? My purchase is for a watch that they have a delivery date advertised by, so I assume it is going to be easier for them to get.

One thing I've noticed...the prices are obviously set in Euro and converted to GBP on a daily basis - they fluctuate daily. With the pound having fallen from about 1.19 to 1.145 over the last month, the price of a £5000 watch has increased by nearly £200. I'm wondering what they do about the purchase price if the watch takes 2 months to arrive and the exchange rate fluctuates.

I'm still thinking about making a purchase from Chronext. Any other experiences? My purchase is for a watch that they have a delivery date advertised by, so I assume it is going to be easier for them to get.

One thing I've noticed...the prices are obviously set in Euro and converted to GBP on a daily basis - they fluctuate daily. With the pound having fallen from about 1.19 to 1.145 over the last month, the price of a £5000 watch has increased by nearly £200. I'm wondering what they do about the purchase price if the watch takes 2 months to arrive and the exchange rate fluctuates.
    It that also true of the London shop. I cannot believe they go around the shop adjusting all the prices on a daily basis. Obviously different if shipping from Germany etc. I would ask them.

Master

They usually take payment up front so the price is set based on the exchange rate on that date. If the watch then takes some time to actually be delivered to you there is no adjustment on the price over that period regardless of which way the exchange rate moves.

Thanks - good to know...means I need to wait for a better exchange rate!

I tried to go into their London store a few weeks ago when it was supposedly meant to be open...door was locked and it just looked like an empty room with a desk and chair in it - do they actually have watches there? I assumed it was just a facility to collect pre-ordered watches.

Thanks - good to know...means I need to wait for a better exchange rate!

I tried to go into their London store a few weeks ago when it was supposedly meant to be open...door was locked and it just looked like an empty room with a desk and chair in it - do they actually have watches there? I assumed it was just a facility to collect pre-ordered watches.
    Well, based on what I've read here, I understand Chronext is more of a watch sourcing business than watch selling. You tell them what you want, put money down, they find it and ship it to you. That's actually pretty sensible; holding stock is expensive and risky.

As they source watches do you need to consider possible import costs should the watch come from outside the EU?

I am looking at a Brietling which has huge discount but I assumed it came from an EU source - if I had to add VAT then not such a good deal