closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Chronext.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Xmas2016gb code no longer works ☹️
    Just messaged them as I'm interested in a Speedy pro but they said there are no discount codes at this current time

Banned
    They'll Not be getting any of my hard earned, prices are fixed no discount on offer for a straight cash sale,( not including a poxy discount code) plenty of other dealers out there prepared to deal.

Quite abrupt as well.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    They'll Not be getting any of my hard earned, prices are fixed no discount on offer for a straight cash sale,( not including a poxy discount code) plenty of other dealers out there prepared to deal.

Quite abrupt as well.
    Funnily enough that was my experience too. No discount and could not even bother to see if delivery could be brought forward from their quoted two weeks. Just a straight "no".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Funnily enough that was my experience too. No discount and could not even bother to see if delivery could be brought forward from their quoted two weeks. Just a straight "no".
    You'd be lucky to get a 2 week delivery anyway. They weren't able to meet it for me (despite telling me they could) although they did at least (eventually) apologise. I wouldn't use them again without a healthy additional discount.

Quite abrupt as well.
    For most things we buy the price is the price we pay. Would be simpler (and fairer) all round if watches were the same.

Master
    I think it's a case of customer service and price. Excellence in both are rare.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    For most things we buy the price is the price we pay. Would be simpler (and fairer) all round if watches were the same.

Well that sums it up nicely.

What is he on about.

No discount for cash quite abrupt, end of, never think about using them again.

Well that sums it up nicely.

What is he on about.

No discount for cash quite abrupt, end of, never think about using them again.
    They'll miss you.

Banned
    They'll miss you.

When you say "we" I assume you are connected in some way.

Glad it turned out the way it did then if that's the response.

Defending Rudeness and abruptness is that a vision in your objectives.

When you say "we" I assume you are connected in some way.

Glad it turned out the way it did then if that's the response.

Defending Rudeness and abruptness is that a vision in your objectives.
    Connected with what or who?

What turned out how?

You don't make any sense.

I am not defending rudeness, just pointing out how much of retail works.

Quite abrupt as well.
    So you expect a discount on something that is already discounted, in several cases to a point well below any other grey dealer like iconic?

Master
    I never found them rude, just matter of fact in a rather German way, as you'd expect from a Germany company.

Most of the watches are held in Berlin hence the two-week delivery time. This is their delivery time and it's understood that is part of the deal in buying from them.

Prices on the whole are pretty keen and regularly better Chrono24 by quite a margin (a stupidly large number of the prices on Chrono24 are too optimistic by half).

On the right watch at the right price I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Chrono24. If I don't like the price or the delivery time, I don't buy. What's hard about that?

Master
    Have to say I had great service and price from them....would definitely buy again...

Craftsman
    Received an Aqua Terra quartz from them just before xmas.

Took three weeks to arrive despite initially advising two but there was plenty of communication whilst waiting. Price paid was cheaper than anything I've found elsewhere even in the xmas sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    You said we in the quote above, like you're apart of it.

Connected with what or who?

What turned out how?

You don't make any sense.

I am not defending rudeness, just pointing out how much of retail works.
    Retail might work like that for you but not for me.

I think you need to reread what you've put and lay off the booze.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    So you expect a discount on something that is already discounted, in several cases to a point well below any other grey dealer like iconic?
    what do you expect then, to pay them more do you never ask for a discount, well German or not it's not the way to deal.

Banned
    Found another dealer smashing to talk to very polite great customer focus and offered a discount, maybe it's because he's English, and not some robot German.

Long live brexit

+ when you're spending 30k you expect a little bartering, but I guess there just used to selling low end gear, maybe that watch is bluff to to make the site look nice.

You said we in the quote above, like you're apart of it.

I think you need to reread what you've put and lay off the booze.
    I'm not apart (sic) of anything. The 'we' is the consumer.

I haven't had a drink for 20+ years BTW, what about you?

Banned
    I'm not apart (sic) of anything. The 'we' is the consumer.

I haven't had a drink for 20+ years BTW, what about you?

Not bothered moved on.

Not bothered moved on.
    Good.

Found another dealer smashing to talk to very polite great customer focus and offered a discount, maybe it's because he's English, and not some robot German.

Long live brexit

+ when you're spending 30k you expect a little bartering, but I guess there just used to selling low end gear, maybe that watch is bluff to to make the site look nice.
    Good for you. I'm sure you'll get your discount. Remember to post the pics of your £30k watch. Can't wait to see it.

Blog Entries
    For most things we buy the price is the price we pay.
    This is not the case with high value items. In that there is often room for haggling, luxury watches are no different to any other high value item.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 27th February 2017 at 02:50. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    This is not the case with high value items. In that there is often room for haggling, luxury watches ware no different to any other high value item.
    Only 'high value' items commonly bought I can think of are cars and houses. Houses are rather different in that all are unique and there is no recommended price. This only leaves cars which are usually much more expensive than watches but buyers will still ask for a discount on a £3000 watch.

Personally hate all of this, if a dealer can/will give a discount why not make that the price instead of this haggling nonsense?

Blog Entries
    if a dealer can/will give a discount why not make that the price instead of this haggling nonsense?
    Because human nature.

Everyone likes to obtain the best value they can: Vendors like to get the best price and buyers like to get the lowest price. This aspect of human nature can be further gamed by vendors building in 'fat' into the asking price in the expectation that buyers will haggle it down. Sure, it would be seemingly more efficient to not have to build in the fat but: Human nature again.

Craftsman
    Anyone have a discount for Chronext? If there is a forum discount, please PM me. Thanks.

Master
    Had a look.

Second hand Tudor BB on a strap for £2150, seems a lot?

So met Alex on Friday as he delivered my watch to me.

Had a nice lunch lunch in my local, had a chance to look at some of his own collection (ok the Limited Pelagos - for righties is lovely!).

It was only that morning that I read the thread on the smash and grab - but luckily no one hurt... Alex showed me the cam footage of the raid.. and some of the damage to the stock left behind.

Cannot complain on the service - watch took a couple of weeks as expected (along with the Christmas holidays) - all new stickered and complete with the manufacturers warranty (and one from Chrononext for added piece of mind).

I would suggest if you are after anything special or want to take advantage of the members code then drop Alex a email (he is the VIP sales guy here in the UK).

Thanks

Matt

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    So met Alex on Friday as he delivered my watch to me.

Had a nice lunch lunch in my local, had a chance to look at some of his own collection (ok the Limited Pelagos - for righties is lovely!).

It was only that morning that I read the thread on the smash and grab - but luckily no one hurt... Alex showed me the cam footage of the raid.. and some of the damage to the stock left behind.

Cannot complain on the service - watch took a couple of weeks as expected (along with the Christmas holidays) - all new stickered and complete with the manufacturers warranty (and one from Chrononext for added piece of mind).

I would suggest if you are after anything special or want to take advantage of the members code then drop Alex a email (he is the VIP sales guy here in the UK).

Thanks

Matt
    I can also say Alex is very polite and a good communicator. Prices are not always very friendly esp on popular models.

Journeyman
    nice gift, did your wife like it?

Quote Originally Posted by ASD25 View Post
    nice gift, did your wife like it?
    Bless you for asking.

I would love to think you were genuinely interested, and do forgive me if you are, but given that you've managed to reach exactly 50 posts in less than 24 hours makes me think that realistically you're probably more interested in something else!

But just in case; yes thanks, she liked it. So did I, in fact it's made me want the men's blue version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    http://www.watchpro.com/chronext-wat...imilar-attack/

So sorry to hear about this. I really hope they get back on their feet after this awful event.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Excellent service here - as mentioned earlier Germanic in their efficiency. The price is the price (already cheap) unless you find an online discount code. I was lucky there was a 10% one avaliable which brought in in cheaper than any other grey source.

Ordered a Nomos Goldelse for my wife and great communication - they even hurried up the order as I needed it delivered before Xmas. Arrived 2 weeks faster than estimate with a handwritten note thanking me for my business.

No complaints

I bought an Aqua Terra ladies model for my sister's birthday last week from Chronext. Excellent service and swift delivery, Alex was very good with communication.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    has anyone ever sold to them? and did it go okay?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    I'm in the midst of a commission sale to them. If I'm not wrong, the watch heads to Germany first for inspection before it comes back to London and is put up for sale.

Unless you're referring to a direct sale, in which case I'm afraid I'd be of no help.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodofaggins View Post
    I'm in the midst of a commission sale to them. If I'm not wrong, the watch heads to Germany first for inspection before it comes back to London and is put up for sale.

Unless you're referring to a direct sale, in which case I'm afraid I'd be of no help.
    yeah was just a general sale, they have offered a fair price in my mind for it, i bet it the same process or might not come back to London and just transfer the money over

Craftsman
    Is the price advertised on their website the price you pay or is there any room for negotiation?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    Is the price advertised on their website the price you pay or is there any room for negotiation?
    From what I have seen the price you see is the price you pay but they do have codes for money off.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    From what I have seen the price you see is the price you pay but they do have codes for money off.
    Thanks. What's the best way to source a discount code? I've seen a couple on the tube in the past but nothing recently.

Journeyman
    Sent my watch on the 20th Jan for a commission sale, and it's still stuck in Germany nearly a month now with no further updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post

Yes. Twice so far. It was over Christmas so the whole thing from agreeing the price to getting paid was about 6 weeks but they kept me informed the whole time. I have no issues selling or pxing with them

Craftsman
    Has anyone else ordered from them recently?
    Ordered a Nomos over the Xmas/New year period and yet to receive anything.

They have emailed and called several times to apologise over the delay but looking at 7wks so far for a watch that was marked as being available for delivery by the 6th Jan(maybe they meant 2018).

I was in no rush to receive it initially but starting to find that the waiting time is a bit excessive, granted the watch was at a great price and buoyed by previous good reviews on them but should I be worried?

I ordered a ladies Omega from them in January and it was delivered with no problem. If they are in regular contact I wouldn't worry, I thought their customer service was excellent (I dealt with Alex).

Craftsman
    Heard back from them today possible looking at another 6 to 8 wks wait! I get the feeling that even that may not be definite.
    They inferred that it might be because they(Nomos) may be dropping that particular model(Nomos club hand wind with Glass back).

On the one hand I don't mind waiting however, I don't want to wait another 2-months potentially and then be told it wont be available at all.
    They have given me the option to wait, cancel and get a full refund, or get a 50% refund and wait then pay the balance upon receipt.

Really not sure what to do.

If you want it then surely wait? If it doesn't arrive you get your money back.

Master
    Blog Entries
    In common with many grey dealers, I assume Chronext source via authorised dealers - if the ones they deal with don't have your model then I can quite believe there'll be a long wait while one is ordered from Nomos and the middleman situation is probably clouding the communications.

I'd try and speak to someone at Chronext on the phone and see if you can get a clearer picture of if this a Nomos supply issue. The 50% refund seems like a decent offer if you really are preapred to wait.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Had a look.

Second hand Tudor BB on a strap for £2150, seems a lot?
    Does seem a tad overpriced

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    This is not the case with high value items. In that there is often room for haggling, luxury watches ware no different to any other high value item.
    Naturally...

Craftsman
    Heard back from them today possible looking at another 6 to 8 wks wait!

Well a update on this on Wednesday I got a email to say that the watch was now in(a good 6/7wks earlier than anticipated) UPS delivered it the next day and I'm now the proud owner of a Nomos Club Glasboden.

To be fair to Chronext they did keep me informed along the way and the delays were reputedly at Nomos's end.
    All good in the end.

Excellent- where are the photos?!