closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chronext.co.uk

I was emailed late yesterday, and informed the watch would be here on Wednesday which I thought was pretty slick, but prior to that I had had no reply to a much earlier email, asking to confirm that two payments had not been taken, as I got a name from the email regarding dispatch etc I replied directly to him, got to say by 8.00am I had a reply.
    Regarding warranty I was very much under the impression that new watches come with the manufacture warranty, and there 2yr warranty, I'll be rather annoyed if that's not the case when it arrives.

Geran, it certainly was the case (warranty) for my new SD4K. I'm positive you'll get both on a new watch.

Quote Originally Posted by btd1975 View Post
    Geran, it certainly was the case (warranty) for my new SD4K. I'm positive you'll get both on a new watch.
    Thanks for the info, I'm just off to ring the CC company as a heads up.
    Just looked on line and they state on the black bay listing "Original Box, Original Papers, Warranty"
    Last edited by geran; 26th January 2016 at 20:11.

****Update**** just of the phone to the CC company, and they confirm the first payment was reversed today, sorted in less than 24hrs.

That's reassuring then!

Master
    The same thing happened to me re taking the amount twice , it was settled swiftly and painlessly.

Just noticed they've copied everyone else and put up the price on their Rolex in the last day or so. I know it's only a few hundred pounds and a small percentage overall but it's put me off making a purchase to right now. I'm sure I'll probably get over it in a few months though...

Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    Just noticed they've copied everyone else and put up the price on their Rolex in the last day or so. I know it's only a few hundred pounds and a small percentage overall but it's put me off making a purchase to right now. I'm sure I'll probably get over it in a few months though...
    Prices seem to change daily on watches I had been looking at, assume due to the Euro the black bay went up by £60 for a day or so, then dropped back down again.

No the price on the German site has increased in line with all the other grey dealers so not an exchange rate increase and it's probably about £250 more than the other day.

Yeah you're right, I've just checked an SD4K on the English site. It's definitely about £300 more. When the Euro increased after I bought one the price hovered around the £6000 mark (plus or minus @£60). Now it's showing as £6320

Apprentice
    I was about to take the plunge with an Explorer 2 until I noticed the price increase today. No rush now, I guess. The AD I visited in Belgium today had a ticket price of 7150 euro. Not sure if this reflects an increase?

Cheers

Matt

The Explorer 2s were around £4200 a few months ago...

There's been a Rolex price increase in EU lately if I'm not mistaken.

A no date Sub is now just over £100 cheaper than UK AD.

Banned
    I don't get it everyone was warned in watch talk the price was increasing for Rolex.
    so why didn't you simply buy before the price went up?
    you cant blame chronext for that.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    I don't get it everyone was warned in watch talk the price was increasing for Rolex.
    so why didn't you simply buy before the price went up?
    you cant blame chronext for that.
    Who is blaming them? Not me, anyway.

Matt

** update **
    I received my Tudor black bay black yesterday, ordered on Sat arrived here on Wed morning not bad at all, as this model was pretty hard to get hold off only a few months back, the watch is a beauty very happy with it, packaging was top draw, when I lifted the box I thought they had sent me a motorcycle battery, very weighty, the box alone looks like it's worth a few quid.
    No worries about the the original warranty, came stamped and dated from AD in Greece, instructions are all in English, also received a letter from Chronext with there extra warranty card all really well presented.
    To top it of I received a confirmation email today regarding the double payment issue, all sorted, I would have no hesitation to buy from Chronext again.

Geran, that's great news! Where are the pictures! :-). Enjoy the watch!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    they are not "copying" anyone. Rolex is a very liquid trade able commodity. Prices change in line with global prices. They just had to adjust it to reflect the market conditions.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    they are not "copying" anyone. Rolex is a very liquid trade able commodity. Prices change in line with global prices. They just had to adjust it to reflect the market conditions.
    Yes indeed. If the ADs where they source their watches increase their prices there is not a lot of choice. This is especially true when you are working to (comparatively) tight margins and high volumes.

I never seem to be able to time things right with my purchases. I must just take more of a leap in future.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Sorry, copying may not have been quite the right word and not really what I meant to imply - maybe reacting to market forces in a similar way would have been better!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by geran View Post
    ** update **
    I received my Tudor black bay black yesterday, ordered on Sat arrived here on Wed morning not bad at all, as this model was pretty hard to get hold off only a few months back, the watch is a beauty very happy with it, packaging was top draw, when I lifted the box I thought they had sent me a motorcycle battery, very weighty, the box alone looks like it's worth a few quid.
    No worries about the the original warranty, came stamped and dated from AD in Greece, instructions are all in English, also received a letter from Chronext with there extra warranty card all really well presented.
    To top it of I received a confirmation email today regarding the double payment issue, all sorted, I would have no hesitation to buy from Chronext again.

Glad to hear, that's quite a few of us happy with them now.

Master
    My watch turned up on Monday, perfect presentation, and another happy customer....

The only slight issue was that it was listed on their website with a 2 week delivery.....mine took 4 weeks but they kept me updated, so fair enough...😎

Apprentice
    It's a good company. I had a decent experience with them.

Apprentice
    I bought something from them when the euro was very weak. Had a good deal.

benwoodroffe
    I got a watch from them for a really good price, it was listed on the web as mint, but on delivery I thought it was a bit too well worn to be classed as mint so requested return and they took it back with no quibble, it didn't cost me anything, so I think they're ok - but perhaps the website can be a little misleading.

The stock of the shop in london is a bit limited also, not really worth going out of your way for.

Definitely keep and eye on them though as they are legit and some bargains do seem to pop up.

Chronext.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by benwoodroffe View Post
    I got a watch from them for a really good price, it was listed on the web as mint, but on delivery I thought it was a bit too well worn to be classed as mint so requested return and they took it back with no quibble, it didn't cost me anything, so I think they're ok - but perhaps the website can be a little misleading.

The stock of the shop in london is a bit limited also, not really worth going out of your way for.

Definitely keep and eye on them though as they are legit and some bargains do seem to pop up.
    That's interesting, have they changed their grading? I thought for second hand watches it went from AAA down to VINT (for vintage)? I've not seen Mint being listed as a condition?

benwoodroffe
    Mmm, I can't remember now to be honest, it was over a year ago now and I can hardly remember what I had for breakfast! it was either "AAA" or "mint" on the website and it was more like a "A" or "fair" in the metal.

Chronext.co.uk

Okay, that would probably make sense as I've only really been looking at them for the last few months before buying! Thanks!

benwoodroffe
    One thing I just remembered that has changed is that I paid shipping on that purchase - was quite a bit at about £40 - but now it's free shipping, or free collect from their london shop - so that's a pretty good incentive.

Geran, that's great news! Where are the pictures! :-). Enjoy the watch!
    Poor quality wrist shot

Master

I've got a similar issue with them at the moment. Watch listed as "AAA" but it wasn't. It is currently back with them and I am waiting to hear what their suggested solution is.

Quote Originally Posted by geran View Post
    Poor quality wrist shot

I love the hour hands on the Tudor! Looks great!

benwoodroffe
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    I've got a similar issue with them at the moment. Watch listed as "AAA" but it wasn't. It is currently back with them and I am waiting to hear what their suggested solution is.
    I think they'll refund you, assuming that's what you want? They kind have to under internet selling rules, or something like that, but they were very reasonable with my return request and didn't quibble at all. Good luck.

Apprentice
    I have to say the Tudor watches are great looking. Possibly my next purchase....hopefully from Chronext.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeeks View Post
    I have to say the Tudor watches are great looking. Possibly my next purchase....hopefully from Chronext.
    If you do go through Chronext, type 'tube100' in the discount code box. It might still take off £100, as I used it at the beginning of the year and it still worked. Worth a shot?

Apprentice
    If you do go through Chronext, type 'tube100' in the discount code box. It might still take off £100, as I used it at the beginning of the year and it still worked. Worth a shot?
    Thanks for the heads up, been following this thread now from before Christmas, i wasnt sure if the code was still working. I was going to pop into the big smoke and pay their store a visit soon.

Master
    I think they'll refund you, assuming that's what you want? They kind have to under internet selling rules, or something like that, but they were very reasonable with my return request and didn't quibble at all. Good luck.
    Thank you. It is back with them again. This is their last chance to sort out the issues and adjust the price or I will just be asking for a full refund.

Grand Master
    A problem with a brand new pop up luxury watch company! Wow thats a first
    RIAC

Craftsman
    Think the current code is Tube2016

Thanks for that. Just used it for £114 off.

Bought a Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 - https://www.chronext.co.uk/tag-heuer...2-fc6327/S4090.

Worked out to almost the same price new as WF were charging for a 6 month old pre-owned one.

Looking forward to receiving it!

Banned
    They have sent out some new codes save even more.

Chronext.co.uk

Got to be quick though, until the 28th March!

Craftsman
    Wasn't there a special code from Kaiserphoenix via PM as well?

Yes, rumour had it that it was around £150. But you had to PM him for the code.

Banned

Got to be quick though, until the 28th March!

That's the one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    That's the one.
    Thanks. Good to know. In % terms, BUNNY100 would be my choice. I wonder what they have.............
    Last edited by groyn; 24th March 2016 at 20:06.

I know that many of you have had a great response and that is great.

But Ppersonally, I am not impressed with Chronext.co.uk

Since December I have contacted them twice via their contact page, with the view to both buy and sell.

On both occasions, they failed to contact me, after about a week, so I contacted them by phone, and despite reassurance that they would be in touch, again after about a further three days, I ended up calling again. And I was told by the advisor (who was very polite) that the only person who dealt with Rolex watches was sick and that I had to wait until he returned.

I complained that having one person dealing with such a popular and large brand was crazy. Eventually, I was promised an email response within the hour. Which I did get, but the price on a new SDc was only £400 less then the UK MRSP so I didn't take it any further.

It appears that if you attend their shop, you get a better service.

Apprentice
    Hi chaps.

Anyone know if there is another code floating around? The Easter one and the tube ones have both expired and I was looking to grab a tag.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevz65 View Post
    Anyone know if there is another code floating around? The Easter one and the tube ones have both expired and I was looking to grab a tag.
    Tube2016 should still be working?

Picked up my TAG this morning. Will post some pics later.

Craftsman
    just ordered my new 'speedmaster pro. man on the moon' from chronext. 1st time buying something at this price online and I hope it would be a smooth procedure. I will post some pics once I 'll have it in my hands.