closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chronext.co.uk

Apprentice
    Hi folks,

I dropped in to see the guys today to check out my next potential purchase. Very friendly, knowledgeable and no pressure to buy. A limited selection in store, but then they are mainly an online business with a small but reassuring physical UK presence.

I quite understand that I may not qualify to get the code as a newbie, but I am likely to make a purchase from them and felt it worth sharing my experience with you.

Regards,

Matt
    Last edited by sxgeeza; 30th December 2015 at 20:46.

Master
    I haven't bought anything from them, yet, but I too went to check out their shop. What it lacks in space is certainly compensated by very knowledgeable and courteous staff. I was very impressed by them. I really hope they'll do well and hopefully I'll contribute to that soon.

Banned
    Must admit, I found thy have tried to copy the Watchfinder method of iPads to view stock, with a few glass trays of unstickered and unloved watches, they were happy to let customers handle (which is good) albeit seemingly 'a bit rough'.

Not sure if the retail aspect, in the position it is in, will do an awful lot more than they can already do online. They have a long way to go to catch up with Blowers, Iconic etc. and the store is certainly not prime retail space, at the wrong end of Picadilly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sxgeeza View Post
    Hi folks,

I dropped in to see the guys today to check out my next potential purchase. Very friendly, knowledgeable and no pressure to buy. A limited selection in store, but then they are mainly an online business with a small but reassuring physical UK presence.

I quite understand that I may not qualify to get the code as a newbie, but I am likely to make a purchase from them and felt it worth sharing my experience with you.

Regards,

Matt
    Matt you can use tube100 at least

Apprentice
    I have my eyes on a few watches from them and plan to enquire in the new year when they may havd calmed down from the initial rush. The website looks good and prices are right, can't say i am fussed about the shop retail experience...

Master
    For anyone thinking of ordering, just be aware, that chronotext do some extra checks for you to prove your ID... I fully understand why they need to protect themselves from scammers etc, but it wasn't something I was expecting once my debit card had been accepted..

I sent a copy of my passport, with the number blanked out, and also they wanted a copy of the front and back of the card used for payment, again with the numbers blanked.....

Once they'd received this I got an email to say all was in order, and my watch will be with me soon...

So far I can't fault my online buying experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    For anyone thinking of ordering, just be aware, that chronotext do some extra checks for you to prove your ID... I fully understand why they need to protect themselves from scammers etc, but it wasn't something I was expecting once my debit card had been accepted..

I sent a copy of my passport, with the number blanked out, and also they wanted a copy of the front and back of the card used for payment, again with the numbers blanked.....

Once they'd received this I got an email to say all was in order, and my watch will be with me soon...

So far I can't fault my online buying experience...
    I ordered my watch from them in early December and no such additional ID checks that you speak of were undertaken by Chronext.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I ordered my watch from them in early December and no such additional ID checks that you speak of were undertaken by Chronext.
    Me neither - ordered a Breitling for my mate's son and no ID checks required. Had a couple of emails re delivery delayed due to Xmas so final judgement is still on hold. All good so far though......

Master
    I ordered a Monaco online from them the week before Christmas. With a little extra discount it was the cheapest around. Arrived yesterday from Germany. Well packed and two year warranty cards in the box. Everything stamped correctly. Excellent service. Would certainly use them again.

Tiny (an d I mean 'tiny') issue.... The invoice included shows the pre-discount price. Now this is good for me but it does mean that chronoext are loosing out wrt the VAT and god knows what the German tax man would say.

No-one picked up the phone yesterday in the UK or Germany - my watch is ready for collection earlier than expected but I wasn't going into Piccadilly on the off-chance they were open!!

Ah well, something to look forward to on the 4th.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    No-one picked up the phone yesterday in the UK or Germany - my watch is ready for collection earlier than expected but I wasn't going into Piccadilly on the off-chance they were open!!

They were definitely answering calls yesterday whilst I was there. Maybe I took up most of their staff time, for which I apologise!

Have fun on the 4th. I suspect I will be ordering very soon myself...

Matt

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post

Maybe they think I'm a bit dodgy.....😝😈..... Or maybe they just do the odd random check..... Either way, no hardship for a genuine buyer, just thought I'd mention it as I've never had to it before..

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Maybe they think I'm a bit dodgy.......... Or maybe they just do the odd random check..... Either way, no hardship for a genuine buyer, just thought I'd mention it as I've never had to it before..
    Ha ha, I'm sure they didn't think that. Mine was a modestly priced piece (absolutely fantastic in itself but the point is it wasn't anywhere near Rolex money) so maybe those checks come in at a certain price point?

Just to be clear, I am over the moon with the whole Chronext experience and I'll be using them again :-)

Banned
    I was looking at Tudor black bays yesterday in the high street right next to Rangers priced around the £2000 mark.

I tried very hard not to feel smug having only paid Chronext £1300 for mine.

when I was in the shop I mentioned I had already purchased a Ranger, I didn't mention price or where it came from.

by the way the shop may well move, they told me finding suitable property in London wasn't easy.

though the location is good for me being close to the Guards club [which would never let me in], the hard rock café store [about as rock and roll as Adel] and the Japanese delegation which actually had a fantastic [and free] art exhibition.

when I went I treated it as day out as a tourist and had a lot of fun.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    I was looking at Tudor black bays yesterday in the high street right next to Rangers priced around the £2000 mark.

I tried very hard not to feel smug having only paid Chronext £1300 for mine.

when I was in the shop I mentioned I had already purchased a Ranger, I didn't mention price or where it came from.

by the way the shop may well move, they told me finding suitable property in London wasn't easy.

though the location is good for me being close to the Guards club [which would never let me in], the hard rock café store [about as rock and roll as Adel] and the Japanese delegation which actually had a fantastic [and free] art exhibition.

when I went I treated it as day out as a tourist and had a lot of fun.
    The shop, unlike watchfinders is just a front. It makes no money. According to the CEO, it was just to cement customer confidence in the UK as they are not a UK establishment.

Master

They’re open until 6pm today, if you can manage to tear yourself away from whatever you’re (not) doing.
    Get it collected and see the Old Year out with it.

I visited the store today whilst in London and decided to purchase in store as they had the watch I wanted in stock. Thanks a lot kaiserphoenix for the code!!

I would purchase from them again and would probably just order online in the future. As mentioned above a nice little shop with a small collection in stock but they were very helpful and welcoming.

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    They’re open until 6pm today, if you can manage to tear yourself away from whatever you’re (not) doing.
    Get it collected and see the Old Year out with it.
    I was at Kew Gardens all day enjoying the sunshine :)

Chronext have delivered my watch, brand new as promised with a fully stamped AD card. And I am over the 'moon' with it. More to follow on a dedicated thread I think :)

Apprentice

Chronext have delivered my watch, brand new as promised with a fully stamped AD card. And I am over the 'moon' with it. More to follow on a dedicated thread I think :)

What a fantastic piece. Congrats! :)

Matt

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sxgeeza View Post
    What a fantastic piece. Congrats! :)

Matt
    Impeccable taste as usual. Looking forward to the separate thread!

Master

Absolutely fabulous.
    The mutt's nuts.

Apprentice
    Fantastic looking bit of kit!👌👍

Master

Congrats Lewis!!!!!!!

Seriously nice.

Chronext are becoming one of the good guys. I have been emailing them about a problem I had buying a watch and lost monies and they have been excellent

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Congrats Lewis!!!!!!!
    Many thanks to you Jordan - without your introduction I wouldn't have made the decision; I had a German dealer lined up to do the deal. Chronext beat his price by a staggering two thousand pounds and the rest is history.

Effectively you can buy certain watches brand new from them at what are basically Chrono24 'second hand' prices. I'll certainly be calling them next time I'm in the market for something.
    Last edited by DB9yeti; 6th January 2016 at 09:09.

Effectively you can buy certain watches brand new for them at what are basically Chrono24 'second hand' prices. I'll certainly be calling them next time I'm in the market for something.
    My brand new Nomos Club 701 cost me less than they are up for on SC! Great service from them and I'll be using them again (once funds allow!).

Wow, that deserves a thread of its own.

I was at Kew Gardens all day enjoying the sunshine :) Chronext have delivered my watch, brand new as promised with a fully stamped AD card. And I am over the 'moon' with it. More to follow on a dedicated thread I think :)
    That watch is staggeringly beautiful, Lewis.

Simon

Very impressed with Chronext: great prices (for some watches), very good cs (they called me twice from Germany to clarify my request) and spot-on delivery (I specified a delivery date).

Master
    My order is delayed...😡 Website claimed 2 weeks for delivery, and I'm already 2 weeks in, when I got an email to say delivery maybe at the end of Jan...... Oh we'll never mind.....at least the price has gone up by £60 quid in the meantime.😎 So I'm glad I ordered when I did..

Master
    Just when I thought I was out you dragged me back in with those prices

I may be sending a PM once I have a better bank balance!!!

Just reviving this thread as looking at a watch purchase, with new Rolexes do you get the five year warranty? Or does it have to go back to Chronext like the watch source require (as per other thread at the moment). The reason I ask is this information is listed under the warranty information on all new Rolexes

"This watch has a 24 Month Warranty and is shipped with our CHRONEXT certificate, which guarantees the authenticity of your watch. You also benefit from a free part-revision within the first 2 years."

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    Just reviving this thread as looking at a watch purchase, with new Rolexes do you get the five year warranty? Or does it have to go back to Chronext like the watch source require (as per other thread at the moment). The reason I ask is this information is listed under the warranty information on all new Rolexes

"This watch has a 24 Month Warranty and is shipped with our CHRONEXT certificate, which guarantees the authenticity of your watch. You also benefit from a free part-revision within the first 2 years."
    Yes you do, as the 5 year warranty is from the manufacturer, irrelevant of who supplied it. Just make sure it comes with an AD stamped warranty card

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Yes you do, as the 5 year warranty is from the manufacturer, irrelevant of who supplied it. Just make sure it comes with an AD stamped warranty card
    Okay, I wonder if they offer their part revision still within the first two years though?

Just ordered a Tudor black bay black on line, delivery is stated as a week, happy days, my third watch purchase in as many month, this should complement the Speedmaster and Marimemaster nicely, that's me done for the next few years at least.

Just a quick note if you are ordering online, after safari rejected my card payment I tried IE, seems there is a problem with the security certificate for sending direct payment, however PayPal is working fine. Hopefully my speedy will be under the tree soon!

I found the same using the iPad, PayPal worked no bother.

Quote Originally Posted by geran View Post
    Just a quick note if you are ordering online, after safari rejected my card payment I tried IE, seems there is a problem with the security certificate for sending direct payment, however PayPal is working fine. Hopefully my speedy will be under the tree soon!

I found the same using the iPad, PayPal worked no bother.
    Keep an eye on your credit card statement. I tried ordering with my Amex, it was rejected so I paid via PayPal (which uses my MasterCard) the transaction ended up in both.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    Okay, I wonder if they offer their part revision still within the first two years though?
    I believe so - I bought a Tudor Black Bay from them via the web site but happened to be in London last month so went in for a nosey; the chap in the shop suggested I should send my Tudor back to them just before the 2 years expires to have the case refinished. :-)

SGR

Quote Originally Posted by Barton Red View Post
    Keep an eye on your credit card statement. I tried ordering with my Amex, it was rejected so I paid via PayPal (which uses my MasterCard) the transaction ended up in both.
    Thanks for that, I'll keep any eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by Barton Red View Post
    Thanks for that, I'll keep any eye out.
    Heads up on this folks, as Barton Red advised, I have contacted chronext and informed them of an issue making my payment, they have just come back to me now, and yes they have taken the payment twice, this should get sorted asap I hope, but be aware, probably better to use the PayPal route as this worked with no issues.
    Chris.

This must be a recent problem as I bought at the beginning of Jan on CC and had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by btd1975 View Post
    This must be a recent problem as I bought at the beginning of Jan on CC and had no problems.
    The fella reckons it was an issue over the weekend, they will contact me asap when trying to resolve this matter, and very apologetic, never had a problem with this type of thing before, should I inform my CC provider as par for the course.

The fella reckons it was an issue over the weekend, they will contact me asap when trying to resolve this matter, and very apologetic, never had a problem with this type of thing before, should I inform my CC provider as par for the course.
    I think they've had a few IT issues. Give it a few days and I'm sure it will be back on your card, I gave Amex a ring just so it was on record as I only noticed a couple of weeks later when the Amex statement arrived, I pay the balance every month so they put the charge on hold.

I'm currently waiting for a refund on a couple of cartiers I ordered for me and the Mrs, both were scratched and she wasn't keen on them anyway. Once I got hold of them they arranged pick up after a lot of chasing from me.

I think they are a little overwhelmed with the volume of business and don't reply to emails for several days. When i called they kept saying I'd get an email response soon, a bit odd as I expected them to just tell me where to send the return.

I'm a bit surprised by your experience, mine was good. But I did have a wait for email correspondence at the beginning. I also agree they probably are a bit overwhelmed, I should think that'll settle down slightly if any planned Euro price rise happens in the beginning of Feb. Although, not a good start for you Geren, hopefully they'll sort the issue out quickly (they hopefully should as they have a reputation to maintain). Keep us updated on the refund.

Master
    I'm having similar problems with Chronext at the moment which I am just working through. Took a number of emails and a couple of calls to get any response from them.

Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    I'm having similar problems with Chronext at the moment which I am just working through. Took a number of emails and a couple of calls to get any response from them.
    That's a shame to hear, I hope this isn't the beginning of their customer service slide. Is your problem another double payment or watch issue if you don't mind me asking?

Master
    I asked for price/availability/warranty for a specific (new) watch at 2pm this afternoon, and received the answer within a couple of hours.

The price is ok but I am confused about the warranty situation. I asked "what is the warranty with this watch?".
    The response was "you get a 2 year warranty with Chronext". I was expecting them to tell me I would get the manufacturers warranty.

Chronext.co.uk

I got a Sea Dweller new, and have the 5yr Rolex international warranty (warranty card, tag, etc) as that warranty goes with the watch as long as you have the dated warranty card. They offer a 2yr in house warranty on all watches (mainly done for their second hand watches) they sell, it also included a free polish (God know what else!) any time in those 2yrs for free, if you want it. So perhaps email them back and ask the direct question of why no manufacturers warranty. They will confirm either way then. That's what I did before purchase as didn't want any assumptions on my part not materialising!
    Last edited by btd1975; 26th January 2016 at 19:04.

Master
    So perhaps email them back and ask the direct question of why no manufacturers warranty. They will confirm either way then. That's what I did before purchase as didn't want any assumptions on my part not materialising!
    Thanks. Would definitely do that before proceeding.

Master
    That's a shame to hear, I hope this isn't the beginning of their customer service slide. Is your problem another double payment or watch issue if you don't mind me asking?
    Mine is a watch issue although I will check for double payment now I've seen it come up. Watch was not as described (a few issues on a AAA rated watch).