closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chronext.co.uk

Master
    They told me they are getting over 1500 requests a day, their purchasing is based in Germany so the low Euro isn't helping them but good for selling!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    This morning I received an email from them.

It appears that they hadn't received my FS request, via their website.

So they asked if I could email them the details, which I did.

They responded back with an hour with two options:

1) Straight sale

2) Commission based sale, which would attract a 15% commission, but the possibility of the watch being sold for a higher price.

The straight outright purchase price was insultingly low, lower than Watchfinder, now I can see why they sell the watches at a lower price!

It seems that if you are buying then it's a good place to look, but not for selling.

Just my personal observations, others may find it differently.
    I'm not sure how sustainable their business model is. I don't sell, I only buy and I'm certainly happy to buy from them new given their prices. There are plenty of places to sell your watch so if the offer from Chronext is too low, you can keep moving until you find a more appropriate figure.

SGR

Stuart, like you said, most certainly a website to watch, if you are in the market for a new watch.

Hopefully next year :)

Banned
    Popped in, nice guys looking to sell, but despite good prices, I need more than £150 off a ticket price to reach into my pocket.

The Yachtmaster II had my name all over it...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Popped in, nice guys looking to sell, but despite good prices, I need more than £150 off a ticket price to reach into my pocket.

The Yachtmaster II had my name all over it...
    Sorry I wasn't there! I left around 15:00....

I might have seen you - I just had a look in the window as I went onto Green Park - there was just one guy sat at a chair by the door.

Nice Deep Blue in the window :)

Though I notice that the prices have risen (on the B50's I am tracking) by almost £200 so are nearly back to iconic prices (before any voucher discount)

Off on my hols soon - so any purchase is back to the New Year for now.

Cheers

Matt
    Last edited by MattH; 9th December 2015 at 20:11.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Sorry I wasn't there! I left around 15:00....
    I asked for Kaiserphoenix - how bonkers are we!

Must admit, the prices balance with Iconic, who I’ve dealt with before. The JLC range seems well priced, but a two (probably 3) week wait.

The rest is readily achievable at any other grey dealer, so will be a case of building a client base.

£150 off for traipsing down Piccadilly in stiff new Loakes wasn’t enough for me on a new start, unknown business.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    I might have seen you - I just had a look in the window as I went onto Green Park - there was just one guy sat at a chair by the door.

Nice Deep Blue in the window :)

Though I notice that the prices have risen (on the B50's I am tracking) by almost £200 so are nearly back to iconic prices (before any voucher discount)

Off on my hols soon - so any purchase is back to the New Year for now.

Cheers

Matt
    I have no idea how their pricing works but from what they told me, it seems everything is priced in Euros, and therefore depending on the currency fluctuations the prices vary greatly on a day to day basis seems like. Not 100% sure but that was my understanding.

Apprentice
    Need to factor in the delivery charge when buying from iconic. Bought 2 watches from iconic. Both of those experiences were less than what I had with Chronext.

Journeyman
    I have no idea how their pricing works but from what they told me, it seems everything is priced in Euros, and therefore depending on the currency fluctuations the prices vary greatly on a day to day basis seems like. Not 100% sure but that was my understanding.
    Yes when I spoke to them on the phone, two people confirmed that to me too. Although the watch I was looking at has stopped jumping by £10 or £20 and recently went up by £100... I reckon there must be an element of demand and supply pricing here, especially at this time of year. Saying that, I know nothing about the currency markets.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Spk View Post
    Yes when I spoke to them on the phone, two people confirmed that to me too. Although the watch I was looking at has stopped jumping by £10 or £20 and recently went up by £100... I reckon there must be an element of demand and supply pricing here, especially at this time of year. Saying that, I know nothing about the currency markets.
    Nah. It's directly linked to the exchange rate of your currency against euro. The price is fixed in Euros. Go to their German site. The price is fixed in euros.

Well I agreed a price in GBP which was £2k less than the best German grey dealer on C24. Comms have been excellent since first contact.

I guess they'll accept the currency fluctuations at that level?

What did you buy ?

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Well I agreed a price in GBP which was £2k less than the best German grey dealer on C24. Comms have been excellent since first contact.

Last edited by UKWatchGuy; 10th December 2015 at 21:21.

Master

Forgive my nosiness but did you use the code that Kaiserphoenix spoke of yesterday ?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    Forgive my nosiness but did you use the code that Kaiserphoenix spoke of yesterday ?
    I didn't no; I made a deal with them last week. However, KP was incredibly helpful in making an introduction to the CEO for me so the code wouldn't have bettered the deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UKWatchGuy View Post
    What did you buy ?
    28 days delivery time... All will be revealed in the New Year with a whopping incoming post :)

Master
    I didn't no; I made a deal with them last week. However, KP was incredibly helpful in making an introduction to the CEO for me so the code wouldn't have bettered the deal.

- - - Updated - - -

28 days delivery time... All will be revealed in the New Year with a whopping incoming post :)
    Marvellous, i'm assuming it's worth the wait then;-)
    I got to wear my new Tudor Grantour in action - so to speak , the other day, absolutely made up with it. Slight bezzeling(?) on the hands make them catch the light beautifully.

Slight bezzeling(?) on the hands make them catch the light beautifully.
    Bevelling :)

Banned
    he was right first time Bezzeling a dance made famous by the Happy Mondays "Bez"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    he was right first time Bezzeling a dance made famous by the Happy Mondays "Bez"
    Haha, strangely enough i bumped into Bez last week at my son's masters graduation.
    Didn't have time for any freaky dancing though.

Master
    Close but no cigar ! Thank you .

Visited the showroom yesterday if you can call it that.

As a retail experience it currently does not compare to watch Finder. Let's hope that gets better.

Banned
    My warranty credit card just arrived as promised from chronext.

it's signed and dated from a high end jewellers in Augsburg.

My experience has been perfect, a watch I really wanted at a great price and with warranty.

So it's a big thumbs up from me 👍

Quote Originally Posted by UKWatchGuy View Post
    Visited the showroom yesterday if you can call it that.

As a retail experience it currently does not compare to watch Finder. Let's hope that gets better.
    A key point here is knowledge; did you ask anyone a question? I ended up having a conversation with the tall German guy about independents and their styles - his knowledge was encyclopaedic.

The kids in WF barely know a Sub from a Seamaster.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    My warranty credit card just arrived as promised from chronext.

it's signed and dated from a high end jewellers in Augsburg.

My experience has been perfect, a watch I really wanted at a great price and with warranty.

So it's a big thumbs up from me 👍
    My card also arrived today, from what i might assume is the same jeweller but is certainly the same place.

Couln't be happier with it and the service provided.

Master
    A key point here is knowledge; did you ask anyone a question? I ended up having a conversation with the tall German guy about independents and their styles - his knowledge was encyclopaedic.

The kids in WF barely know a Sub from a Seamaster.
    Yep did you speak to Chris? he is actually a trained watchmaker, although not fully qualified.

Apprentice
    Morning all...so glad I found TZ-UK and more so this thread. I saw the big tube signs and started digging online for more information on Chronext.

So glad the all reviews are positive as it fast approaching my yearly watch purchase and these guys seem very competitive on price. My only question is and apologies if someone has asked it already, but has has anyone used their watch sourcing service and how did you find it?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeeks View Post
    has anyone used their watch sourcing service and how did you find it?
    They are sourcing me a watch that is not on their website - I was quoted a likely 28 days delivery, got a mail on Saturday to say they will have it in Koln on the 4th January so pretty damned close and a very good performance at this time of year!

Apprentice
    They are sourcing me a watch that is not on their website - I was quoted a likely 28 days delivery, got a mail on Saturday to say they will have it in Koln on the 4th January so pretty damned close and a very good performance at this time of year!
    Thats great to hear!

How do i obtain a TZ discount code? I was thinking of taking a trip into London just after Christmas to visit their new shop, I'm eager to add a Breitling SOH to the collection.

Master
    Thats great to hear!

How do i obtain a TZ discount code? I was thinking of taking a trip into London just after Christmas to visit their new shop, I'm eager to add a Breitling SOH to the collection.
    The code was tube100 i think. When I tried it last week it was taking £116 off the price, which seemed odd, in a good way .
    Kaiserphoenix said he'd managed to obtain a better one for members of this forum , though i've not been able to verify that.

Apprentice
    The code was tube100 i think. When I tried it last week it was taking £116 off the price, which seemed odd, in a good way .
    Kaiserphoenix said he'd managed to obtain a better one for members of this forum , though i've not been able to verify that.
    Just wondering if I'd get that discount at the counter if they had something in stock i liked. Might have to contact Kaiser directly & see what he can do. Very happy though I found this forum, hopefully my watch knowledge will soon be expanded

Master
    Just wondering if I'd get that discount at the counter if they had something in stock i liked. Might have to contact Kaiser directly & see what he can do. Very happy though I found this forum, hopefully my watch knowledge will soon be expanded
    I've found this place to be pretty extraordinary really, an absolute mine . I've only been on here a short while and some of watches and info posted has been revelatory. Not done too much for my tendency towards ocd though.

Master
    Yes you can use that code online but also in the store too no problems. Just message me and ill give you the code if you are quite firm on buying.

Apprentice
    Yes you can use that code online but also in the store too no problems. Just message me and ill give you the code if you are quite firm on buying.
    Thanks Kaiser for jumping in on this. Im definitely going to make a purchase soon so will get in touch for that code

My Nomos Club 701 arrived from Chronext today. When I opened the case it actually took my breath away. It's a genuinely stunning watch. Absolutely brand new with stickers/serial no. tag etc on. The Nomos Warranty is stamped by a German dealer and Chronext included a lovely hand written note with an additional 24 month guarantee and a free reconditioning within the period.

I'm over the moon. Great service form Chronext and I paid significantly less than RRP and indeed less for my brand new watch than 701s have gone for on SC very recently. I would certainly recommend Chronext. Top job guys!!! :-)

Journeyman
    Just ordered a maurice lacriox on there website. Will update forum once I know more.

So is TUBE100 the only active voucher code at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    So is TUBE100 the only active voucher code at the moment?
    Drop kaiserphoenix a PM - Sent me a code which worked!

Just a quick note if you are ordering online, after safari rejected my card payment I tried IE, seems there is a problem with the security certificate for sending direct payment, however PayPal is working fine. Hopefully my speedy will be under the tree soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Barton Red View Post

Just a quick note if you are ordering online, after safari rejected my card payment I tried IE, seems there is a problem with the security certificate for sending direct payment, however PayPal is working fine. Hopefully my speedy will be under the tree soon!
    Thanks!

Just have to find something I like now :-)

Hopefully my speedy will be under the tree soon!
    How much was the speedy?

Journeyman

Safari on the ipad worked for me paying by credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by manivxr View Post
    Safari on the ipad worked for me paying by credit card.
    Hmm - I was on my iMac and called the number and he suggested it would only work with IE, no matter as the PayPal is on the credit card anyway.

Oh, regarding the price, it was £2510 minus the discount provided by the code, sorry to be vague, I'm not sure he wants to publish the discount amount, suffice to say it was more than the Tube100 code.

Wow - what great service, watch arrived this morning after ordering on Friday. The speedmaster box is huge! Cards are from a dealer in Italy, beautiful watch at a great price. Thanks to Kaiserphoenix for the code!

Master
    Guys thanks for all asking me for codes and who bought from Chronext. The company is a startup and my friend is running it so really appreciate the business that you guys brought and will continue to bring!

I am not part of the company as I have a full time job elsewhere but I admire his braveness to start something from scratch, hope it goes well for them.

I will continue to give out codes but I have had some instances where people with 0 posts were asking me for them. I only want to give codes out to people who are contributing to the forum and adding to the community so please do not be offended if I do not offer you a code. This was just my way of offering something back to a great forum and all the stuff I have learnt and continue to learn!

Apprentice
    Thanks for explaining that Kaiser.

As a new member, I cheekily asked for a code, but tbh with the other discount code, I've still got a bit of a bargain, shame it won't be here for Christmas though.

Will let you know when the watch arrives !

Master
    After all the favourable comments I ordered a Tag Heuer Monaco caw211p last Thursday. It was already a good price but also got a discount code from kaiserphoenix (thanks very much).

I was kinda hoping it would be here for Christmas but doesn't look like it will now. No problem... it'll be a nice post Christmas pressy after all the usual rubbish I get given (and I know it's not about the gift but honestly you should see some of the stuff I receive!).

I will continue to give out codes but I have had some instances where people with 0 posts were asking me for them. I only want to give codes out to people who are contributing to the forum and adding to the community so please do not be offended if I do not offer you a code. This was just my way of offering something back to a great forum and all the stuff I have learnt and continue to learn!
    I assume a Google search for the company probably brings up this thread - TBH if it generates business for them and possible new members for this place, everyone's a winner.

Fingers crossed every purchaser doesn't do a 6 minute unboxing video though to the music of a popular beat combo...

Fingers crossed every purchaser doesn't do a 6 minute unboxing video though to the music of a popular beat combo...
    i can’t decide between Hall & Oates ‘No can do’ or Ashford & Simpson ‘solid as a rock’ for mine?

Apprentice
    Merry Christmas all 🎄⌚

Master
    Just a quick thank you to Mr K for the discount code....just treated myself to something new....
    With a saving getting on for £500 over the next best price. It was difficult to say no😀😎😎

Oh and for anyone else trying to pay using Safari.....my debit card wouldn't complete the purchase, did it again on my old computer with Explorer, and it went through no problem...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    After all the favourable comments I ordered a Tag Heuer Monaco caw211p last Thursday. It was already a good price but also got a discount code from kaiserphoenix (thanks very much).

I was kinda hoping it would be here for Christmas but doesn't look like it will now. No problem... it'll be a nice post Christmas pressy after all the usual rubbish I get given (and I know it's not about the gift but honestly you should see some of the stuff I receive!).
    This is the model I've got my eyes on for an April purchase. Can I ask what the availability was like on it please ?

I was also looking to purchase from Iconic but have seen some favourable activity re this company on TZ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post

This is the model I've got my eyes on for an April purchase. Can I ask what the availability was like on it please ?

I was also looking to purchase from Iconic but have seen some favourable activity re this company on TZ.