closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chronext.co.uk

I was going to add that they have at least a few very attractive prices on a used Tutima or two and a Sinn too. Definitely private sale type prices, not dealer prices. And bizarrely, even a sub £2k Lemania HS9?

D

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    I've contacted them about something German... let's see how they can do.
    Me too. Email sent Sunday. No reply by Tuesday so I rang them. They were going to get back to me. Nothing yet....

Master
    They've never got back to me via email, ever.

Always delivered in the timescales though and condition was as described.

Master
    I've contacted them about something German... let's see how they can do.
    So which is it…the 1815 or Grand Lange 1?

Banned
    I had it on a black NATO when I left London last night, it doesn't look that good to me.

so for a proper vintage look I put it on the only brown distressed strap I have a 20mm, the poor fit could be seen as old style.

So a easy care free deal then? - would you recommend using them ?

Banned
    Yes

they are finding their feet still, but will get better at the small stuff.
    I found them sincere and as helpful as they could be.
    The prices speak for themselves, my booklets are in German which ties in with the Koln connection.
    I was given direct contact numbers and told to call if I have any problems.

You can go and inspect the watch first so nothing is hidden.

Excellent.. So the papers and warranty are all standard so I assume they are supplying from German ad's ?

thanks for the feedback... Nice Tudor!

cheers

matt

So far - superb comms, really friendly, really helpful and great prices. I am trusting them with my money, simple as that.

If all goes to plan, I will update with positive comments and naturally there will be an incoming post :)

Banned
    Did you go to the shop?

They gave me a glass of champagne.

Master
    So far - superb comms, really friendly, really helpful and great prices. I am trusting them with my money, simple as that.

If all goes to plan, I will update with positive comments and naturally there will be an incoming post :)
    I've had to send a reminder email as i haven't as yet received the full papers but the response was polite and efficient. I really won't have any second thoughts over dealing with them again.

I placed a request into the company last Sunday. Having not heard back from them by Wednesday, I sent another request, based on their promise to contact you back within 48 hours.

Again having not had any reply, I contacted them by phone approx 10 minutes ago and spoke with a very nice lady in Germany.

She informed me, that due to the OVERWHELMING correspondence, the management team had taken the decision last Tuesday NOT to respond within 48 hours to customers enquires and that currently, their technical team was drafting an update to be put onto their website.

So, unless you are able to visit them in London, my advise would be not to hold your breathe in waiting for a response! Of course if you are buying from them, I am sure the response will be a lot quicker!

Hopefully, things will improve after the Christmas period.

Though this is a negative comment, I can't express strongly enough, that I found the lady that I was speaking with, very understanding in my frustration.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    I placed a request into the company last Sunday. Having not heard back from them by Wednesday, I sent another request, based on their promise to contact you back within 48 hours.

Again having not had any reply, I contacted them by phone approx 10 minutes ago and spoke with a very nice lady in Germany.

She informed me, that due to the OVERWHELMING correspondence, the management team had taken the decision last Tuesday NOT to respond within 48 hours to customers enquires and that currently, their technical team was drafting an update to be put onto their website.

So, unless you are able to visit them in London, my advise would be not to hold your breathe in waiting for a response! Of course if you are buying from them, I am sure the response will be a lot quicker!

Hopefully, things will improve after the Christmas period.

Though this is a negative comment, I can't express strongly enough, that I found the lady that I was speaking with, very understanding in my frustration.
    Guys if you need urgent replies from Chronext, send me a message. I can help out.

Banned
    It may well be that people are starting to notice how good the prices are and they just don't have enough staff to deal with the demand.

as I said I got one of my call backs late on Saturday afternoon and was even given a direct dial number.

the other thing I liked no one tried to sell to me, there was no pressure.
    plus if they didn't know the answer they didn't bluff, but went of and came back with an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    It may well be that people are starting to notice how good the prices are and they just don't have enough staff to deal with the demand.

as I said I got one of my call backs late on Saturday afternoon and was even given a direct dial number.

the other thing I liked no one tried to sell to me, there was no pressure.
    plus if they didn't know the answer they didn't bluff, but went of and came back with an answer.
    There is most likely some truth in what you say.

And that is was what I understood the issue to be.

Hopefully, they will still contact me.

Banned
    for once there is some advantage to living in London if you want a watch.

I hope you find the one you want.

I had never been to that part of London before, it made me feel like a pauper.

the icing on the cake was someone who looked about 20 nearly running me over while texting in his obscenely expensive [and low] Lamborghini.

Well I am beginning to crumble :), the voucher code still works I may call them about a trade in price for my speedy...

Craftsman
    I've been looking at their site for a while now, but I just don't feel comfortable with the whole concept, may have to take a trip to the shop to feel more at ease with them. Those Navitimers are a steal though!

I just ordered a Nomos Club 701 from them :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I just ordered a Nomos Club 701 from them :-)
    I'm torn between that, the Porsche Design Pat or buying some audio/video amp & speakers stuff for my christmas present.
    FWP right there eh ?

Since my last post and the promise from the lady that they would get back to me.

I have so far not heard back. Which is a shame as they appear to have some great deals going!

As I happened to be in Piccadilly, I popped into their boutique - very new, fresh paint, lots of wandering around and making sure everything looks good...

But they are a real entity, their prices are fantastic, they are knowledgeable and professional and I have parted with a considerable sum of money for something special. Coffee was very good as well!

They really are all about online sales though and freely admit they are trying to perfect their business model. It's hard to be perfect straight off the bat and I am happy to give them my business while they get there!

Master
    It sounds as if Watchfinder and Iconic might both take a bit of a hit from this outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    It sounds as if Watchfinder and Iconic might both take a bit of a hit from this outfit?
    Iconic, sure. But WF are almost entirely second hand dealers, Chronext seem to be mainly new watches although with a big dollop of pre-owned I think.

i too popped into the store. i wanted to try a few rolex’s on to either keep or remove from ‘the list’ and they were very helpful despite me not being ready to buy but needing to work out what i wanted and to check how things wore on the wrist size wise. their new prices mean i’m now widening my options to include a new model of a DJ than a SH 2 line no date sub (i guess thats a separate thread nearer buying time) the shop is small but so is the product :-)

i dint try the coffee as i’m a picky coffee snob but they did offer me a drink.

Banned
    remember to quote tube100 for an extra discount.

the prices new are cheaper than some S/H prices from my very limited research and knowledge.

My Ranger was an absolute bargain compared to any main UK jewellers.

I can handle the booklet being in German, there is only a screw down crown to operate and even I can do that without a manual.

perhaps I should load the photos of my trip?

- - - Updated - - -

Iconic, sure. But WF are almost entirely second hand dealers, Chronext seem to be mainly new watches although with a big dollop of pre-owned I think.
    check out the used Omegas on the web site, there's some interesting stuff about.

they have a S/H rating system at first I thought VINT was perhaps German for MINT then I realise it means Vintage doh.

https://www.chronext.co.uk/omega

Master
    ****NOTICE*****

Guys I will be at the Chronext store this Wednesday probably from 12:00 onwards. (I am not affliated to them in anyway), but I am a good friend of the founder! So I thought ill try to get them more involved in the UK.

I am trying to ask him if he can organise a special discount code for TZ-UK members. Either way, if anyone wants to have a chat, come to the shop! For those who have met me before, see you there also!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    ****NOTICE*****

Guys I will be at the Chronext store this Wednesday probably from 12:00 onwards. (I am not affliated to them in anyway), but I am a good friend of the founder! So I thought ill try to get them more involved in the UK.

I am trying to ask him if he can organise a special discount code for TZ-UK members. Either way, if anyone wants to have a chat, come to the shop! For those who have met me before, see you there also!
    Fingers crossed, some of those prices are pretty keen already, so anything extra would see me raiding the bank account for a Monaco, where they are already a good £300 cheaper than iconic!

Master
    Any additional discount could tip me over the edge into an Omega PO.

there were some 20% off voucher codes on the web so a trial, add to basket/apply code seemed to accept the code but not change the final price as i didn’t want to enter my cc details etc. has anyone used a 10 or 20% code? it seemed to good to be true.

Banned
    Try tube100

Master
    Tube100 works although it seems to give £116 off rather than £100, not necessarily a bad thing. The 10% & 20% codes online don't appear to make any difference to the price although it does recognise them as valid codes.

The Tube100 works even if you don't put your card details in which makes me thing entering the c/card details would make little difference to the other codes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Tube100 works although it seems to give £116 off rather than £100, not necessarily a bad thing. The 10% & 20% codes online don't appear to make any difference to the price although it does recognise them as valid codes.

The Tube100 works even if you don't put your card details in which makes me thing entering the c/card details would make little difference to the other codes.
    I was getting £116 off myself last night when i tried it. Thought it an odd number really, my wife will think it even odder if i turn up with another watch though, not in a good way either.

I have spoken to - I initiated the contact, twice today.

Basically, they are still not able to email me with any figures for at least the next two weeks.

I asked them what about if I was buying a watch, and the gent, said probably the same and delivery would not happen before Christmas!

When you dial the UK number, it is put through to their office in Germany.

I have spoken with at least three different CS advisors and I have to say that they were all extremely apologetic and polite.

If it was not the build up to Christmas, I believe that things would have progressed a lot more quickly.

Being able to call into their office in London, would probably have speeded up the process. :)

Banned
    I did notice on the website that certain watches are marked as available for set dates

I think others they have to source as they are not actual agents as such, plus everyone I expect is ordering for Christmas

there is a red band in the top corner with a date

here for example [they should pay me for my services]

https://www.chronext.co.uk/breitling

Craftsman
    Prices look great, Max Bill Chronoscope for £924. Can't argue with that!

Master
    TZ-UK DISCOUNT CODE!!!!!!!

Guys I have managed to negotiate a special code for TZ-UK!!!!!

However the condition is that you must come to the shop. I will be at the store probably around from 12:00 tomorrow but even if I am not there, just tell them you know me from the forum. It will be a touch better than their "TUBE" code.

After this point I will share the code with whomever is interested. I do not want to make the code public, only for TZ-UK members.

I have confirmed that they never had a 20% off code. That would be impossible for them to stay in business, although it may have been a straight discount for some Tudors they have. They are quite stocked on Tudors they told me.

I hope this will help some members get the watch they want!

*This is only for watches on their website and in store. If you use their sourcing service for particularly rare models, it may not apply.

Banned
    Ah stop it I am trying to sell not buy

I really I want a back bay as well as the ranger

I have from nowhere become fond of the new Tudors heritage range

edit sorry should have said well done and thanks

Banned
    As I happened to be in Piccadilly, I popped into their boutique - very new, fresh paint, lots of wandering around and making sure everything looks good...

But they are a real entity, their prices are fantastic, they are knowledgeable and professional and I have parted with a considerable sum of money for something special. Coffee was very good as well!

They really are all about online sales though and freely admit they are trying to perfect their business model. It's hard to be perfect straight off the bat and I am happy to give them my business while they get there!

All they have to do is get back to people, Jesus H.

Banned
    Due to the high volume of orders this Christmas Season we cannot guarantee our usual level of service and our response to your enquiry may be delayed.

Should you be looking for a watch for Christmas, you can view all watches that we will definitely be able to deliver by the 24th using the button below.

they have been upfront, there is also a link from them to the watches that are ready to go

https://www.chronext.co.uk/tudor/heritage/79220r/C52369

Does anyone know if you can take items you wish to sell straight to the shop?

Quite tempted to pop in tomorrow if thats the case...

cheers

matt

- - - Updated - - -

cheers

matt

Master
    thanks Kaiserphoenix! Presumably this will be a code that lasts? I am holding my fingers crossed for a promotion in the New Year, in which case a Monaco will finally be in order, especially with the prices offered!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    I will be at the store probably around from 12:00 tomorrow
    See you tomorrow

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post

cheers

matt

- - - Updated - - -

cheers

matt
    What was you thinking of, Apple watch straps, old shoes, belstaffs, used underpants, ipads.

Flip flops.

Cheeky so and so :)

Swatch watch of course..

Ok it seems you have to go through the website - as they dont have a watchmaker in London yet.

So no mad rush for me to get there...

Cheers

Matt

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    thanks Kaiserphoenix! Presumably this will be a code that lasts? I am holding my fingers crossed for a promotion in the New Year, in which case a Monaco will finally be in order, especially with the prices offered!
    Good point!

Firstly, great job Kaiserphoenix. I'm in a similar place where works bonus is announced 1st qtr next year. Did you agree an end date on the discount?

Saving for that Speedie, so every saving helps!

Journeyman
    London, Bournemouth, Taunton (or somewhere in between)
    Went into their store this evening and ordered myself a Tudor Black Bay, the chaps in the store were a really nice bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    All they have to do is get back to people, Jesus H.
    Yeah fair enough. Amazing how tough some businesses find that seemingly simple task.

This morning I received an email from them.

It appears that they hadn't received my FS request, via their website.

So they asked if I could email them the details, which I did.

They responded back with an hour with two options:

1) Straight sale

2) Commission based sale, which would attract a 15% commission, but the possibility of the watch being sold for a higher price.

The straight outright purchase price was insultingly low, lower than Watchfinder, now I can see why they sell the watches at a lower price!

It seems that if you are buying then it's a good place to look, but not for selling.

Just my personal observations, others may find it differently.