closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chronext.co.uk

Chronext.co.uk

Does anyone have any knowledge of this company. There's a nice red Tudor BB on there but I wanted to see if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with them??

Master
    Yes, which was my point, alongside the main one of doing some self-help first – that took all of 2 minutes to find and read.
    No need for this thread, when an identical one exists that could've had the question asked in.
    At least there's a response on TRF from the site owner, for whatever comfort value that adds.

Sometimes you just have to take the plunge and be the first to test something out, after having done your due diligence and put safeguards in place.
    If it were me, I'd be using the fact you're a member here, so it's in the site's best interest to make sure they're being wholly honest and everything goes without a hitch.
    They need the positive feedback to encourage others to purchase from them, so a simple phone call or two can help allay any concerns and establish how the transaction is going to be scrutinised.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it a bit more but would rather go with a trusted site/seller. I'm not rich or brave enough to take the gamble.

Master
    I've purchased from them and had no problems at all including a refund because I'd changed my mind.

Id happily use them again and have absolutely no affiliation.

Apprentice
    I have just gone through exactly the same and came across the same info as PJ S has shared. I have taken the risk and placed an order. Communication has been fine so far, I will update you once I receive my watch.

Master
    Funnily enough I seem to have done a full search circle and ended up back here. I was searching for a specific watch on here, searched google for prices and ended up on chronext who I had never heard of. Slick website, good selection of watches and decent prices so searched for reviews of their service and here i am again.

I'll be interested in hearing how you get on Don H.

Apprentice
    Update! I am now the proud owner of a brand new SubC. I placed my
    Order the end of Jan, I was contacted stating due to the pending European price increase Rolex wasn't releasing any watches for a few weeks. They were expecting the watch 2nd week of Feb. I hadn't heard anything last week so contacted them on Thursday. Friday I received a reply apologising as they still hadn't received it, and would also send me a watch winder. Friday afternoon I received another email as they now had the watch. Monday I received both watch and winder. Very happy with the price, service and more importantly product.
    The only down side is I'm not 40 until Xmas, so it will have to stay in the box!

Do you work for them DonH? ;)

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    Do you work for them DonH? ;)
    No, I just struggled to find much info on them and took the risk, as it panned out well I thought I would share. It was the best price I found at the time on a brand new watch, and I'm glad I got in before the euro increase. I was initially going to go with iconic, but the price started to creep up over the weeks I was looking, hence me taking the risk to save a few pennies.

Master
    Nice gesture of the winder, and its not the cheapest brand either. Good on them, and it looks like they are keen to ensure they establish their trustworthy credentials.

Apprentice
    I thought so also, I was going to be purchasing one shortly, so that was a great help.

My OH pointed this site out to me after Christmas ... unfortunately I'd already committed to a 5500 Explorer. Prices look keen.

Just had a look at the site. Can anyone explain what the deal is with this "Speedmaster Replica" (as they themselves refer to it as):

http://www.chronext.co.uk/omega/spee...8945037-003367

Craftsman
    I think it a reissue of the 1957 Speedmaster, though omega use the word replica
    http://www.omegawatches.com/collecti...plica/38945037

Nice to see another source and that someone kind enough to venture a purchase from them and it's turned out well.
    Site appears to be very professionally done and a large stock....seems a combination of shop and broker business model - priced fairly well for most part in the Rolex section at least...

Could do with more zoom and detail on the models it's difficult to see close up marks etc. otherwise really pleased for your buy
    Last edited by lordloz; 30th November 2015 at 09:17.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I think it a reissue of the 1957 Speedmaster, though omega use the word replica
    http://www.omegawatches.com/collecti...plica/38945037
    Like buses it seems:
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...r-usual-Speedy

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post
    Nice to see another source and that someone kind enough to pull trigger and purchase from them and it's turned out well.
    Site appears to be very professionally done and a large stock....seems a combination of shop and broker business model - priced fairly well for most part in the Rolex section at least...

Could do with more zoom and detail on the models it's difficult to see close up marks etc. otherwise really pleased for your buy
    Cheers. I was a bit nervous to say the least, I have never spent that kind of money over the net before, let alone with a foreign Company.
    I agree with your comments and think they could do with a few more pictures, especially with pre-owned. Also a bit more detail in the description.

No problem at all
    no matter anyone's income that's a large amount to spend when you haven't handled the goods and appears to be a fairly new (& foreign) company but I'm really pleased for you that you got good service and the winder was a nice touch,
    it's things like that that spreads a good reputation.

Chrono 24 at least gives a zoom option as do other sites which helps a lot but overall it's pretty decent and much better designed than many sites.

I'm often looking at different traders to see what they have while still saving for my next piece so good to know this one seems ok....Oh love the other model in your winder too...excellent taste you have sir!
    Last edited by lordloz; 19th February 2015 at 10:10.

Apprentice
    Thank you. The Superocean has been a great watch, I have worn it most days for the past 12 years. I am glad I purchased when I did, but waiting until my birthday in December is going to kill me. Something to look forward too.

Quote Originally Posted by Don H View Post
    Thank you. The Superocean has been a great watch, I have worn it most days for the past 12 years. I am glad I purchased when I did, but waiting until my birthday in December is going to kill me. Something to look forward too.
    You're welcome,I like the crosswind but I do have a thing for blue watches and that is lovely and goes on my hitlist.........i also; like most guys here (not everyone I know before you all shout)!
    have a Sub as my grail or favourite.... yes that would kill me too but oh what a superb Christmas you are going to have

I just tried to call and buy a watch from them. I checked their site last night, they had two of what I wanted, so I mailed them. Checked again just now, the first was removed before my eyes and then the second one was removed straight afterwards - I assume because I had mailed them an enquiry last night.

When I called, it seems the watches never existed for sale with them and they are 'doing some research' on where to find these kinds of watches.

Pretty crappy saying they are in stock and not impressed! If they call me with one they magically find though, I'll let everyone know ;)

Received from them
    thank you very much for your request and your call.
    The two watches you have seen on our shop are not on stock anymore, but it was the same watch.
    But we will try to get them from other suppliers and hand you out the information.
    We are already planning a showroom in our office in London by the end of this year.

In other words, they are advertising stuff they don't have.
    Last edited by DB9yeti; 27th February 2015 at 12:17.

Apprentice

Very Positive Buying Experience

I have just bought a new Sinn EZM 13 from Chronext and received it yesterday. Being a German based company the current favourable £/Euro exchange rate made the price too good to overlook. It took them a little longer than anticipated (around 14 days) to source the watch in Germany and deliver it.

However, communication was good. Very polite; they obviously believe in looking after their customers. I even received a nice handwritten note with the watch apologising for the delay, which was a nice touch. It is a great watch at a very reasonable price so it was worth waiting for. I would thoroughly recommend them.

The delivery times of these are guys are disappointing, in fact I'm a bit miffed. I ordered the SubC and it says "in stock" and 1 week delivery time.

I ordered on 6th August and its been 11 days and they still can't get hold of the watch, with no estimated time of when they will get it. I had no proactive email correspondence, I had to keep asking what was going on.

I wouldn't mind as much if they were more straight about delivery times, its obvious they didn't have stock yet they adverise it as instock. If I didn't know that they were a legit company I would of thought I been scammed.

They need to manage expectations and not make false promises.
    Last edited by smokedog; 18th August 2015 at 17:24.

They seem a bit confused over the model of this watch though ?

https://www.chronext.co.uk/rolex/sea...000/16600/9170

Also on the new Rolex models like the actual SD4000 they are only quoting a 2 year warranty, isn't the new Rolex warranty 5 years ?
    Last edited by Vanguard; 18th August 2015 at 14:48.

Master
    Just a quick one - I was in London the other day and saw adverts for Chronext.co.uk on the tube - enter the code TUBE100 for £100 off your order. Decent deal!

SGR

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartGR View Post
    Just a quick one - I was in London the other day and saw adverts for Chronext.co.uk on the tube - enter the code TUBE100 for £100 off your order. Decent deal!

SGR
    They've just opened a branch in London, about 10 days ago or so iirc, i had an invite plus 5% off any watch.
    That offer coupled witth the current flash sale on Tudor would bring a Black Bay to £1560 i think.

Apprentice

Chronext.co.uk

Their online GBP prices change almost daily depending on its rate against EUR. Their prices must be fixed in euros. So it might be a good idea to keep track of the exchange rate between the two currencies. Just ordered something from them. ETA: circa 2 weeks.
    Let's wait and see.
    Last edited by s30n9g; 21st November 2015 at 13:49.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    They've just opened a branch in London, about 10 days ago or so iirc, i had an invite plus 5% off any watch.
    That offer coupled with the current flash sale on Tudor would bring a Black Bay to £1560 i think.
    £1537 to be exact. And arriving next week. :-)

SGR

Master
    £1537 to be exact. And arriving next week. :-)

SGR
    Even better. I received my Grantour a couple of weeks ago for a frankly ridiculous price,just sat in well known jewellers/ watch shop having a couple of links taken out. NOT Timpsons...

Master
    Even better. I received my Grantour a couple of weeks ago for a frankly ridiculous price,just sat in well known jewellers/ watch shop having a couple of links taken out. NOT Timpsons...
    I suspect this'll ruffle Iconic's feathers a little. They've usually been best value on a new grey purchase but they are £370 more expensive on a Rolex DJII compared to Chronext. £470 if you use the promo code - not inconsiderable...

SGR

Master
    I suspect this'll ruffle Iconic's feathers a little. They've usually been best value on a new grey purchase but they are £370 more expensive on a Rolex DJII compared to Chronext. £470 if you use the promo code - not inconsiderable...

SGR
    I did have a look on Iconic whilst deciding what i wanted and they couldn't get near.
    I'd say £470 is a nice weekend away with wife/SO explaining the positives of another purchase. ;-)

Master
    I did have a look on Iconic whilst deciding what i wanted and they couldn't get near.
    I'd say £470 is a nice weekend away with wife/SO explaining the positives of another purchase. ;-)
    A quick update - watch arrived on Thursday but I was in Madrid so only got it yesterday. Very well boxed up with a nice hand-written note thanking me for my custom. The 2 year warranty is with Chronext rather than a AD but I can live with that. Interesting to see that they also offer case refurbishment during the warranty period of the watch which is a nice touch.

All in all, a completely painless experience and one I fully intend to repeat soon!

SGR

Master
    A quick update - watch arrived on Thursday but I was in Madrid so only got it yesterday. Very well boxed up with a nice hand-written note thanking me for my custom. The 2 year warranty is with Chronext rather than a AD but I can live with that. Interesting to see that they also offer case refurbishment during the warranty period of the watch which is a nice touch.

All in all, a completely painless experience and one I fully intend to repeat soon!

SGR
    Much the same experience from me too.
    I've been too lazy to contact them regarding the refurb, though i did send a thank you email. Do you know if you'd return it to them in Germany or to the newly opened London shop ?

SGR
    So is there no manufacturer warranty with these - so a pure grey import ? I was considering a B50 but would want the warranty with Breitling :)

Apprentice
    I think for brand new items you get both.

Blog Entries
    Looks like chronext have a show room in Piccadilly London now - I may pop down there for a look - seems some good deals.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    So is there no manufacturer warranty with these - so a pure grey import ? I was considering a B50 but would want the warranty with Breitling :)
    As said - if new BNIB, (even grey import) should get the manufacturers warranty - if you don't, walk away

Banned
    I am going to the shop on Tuesday to pick up a watch.

they gave me a discount using the code someone mentioned here and when I asked for a bit more off they agreed [if I collected the watch myself, thus avoiding postage, ins etc.].

I phoned the UK number which takes me to Koln in Germany I had a very nice girl checking availability and best price.
    they consider part exchanges as well, though that takes more time.

she has since called me back twice in an efficient and friendly manner.

Saturday evening she called to confirm that the watch is at the shop that I will get a receipt from them and 2 weeks later the manufactures papers.
    explained to me as they are not agents but just supplying the watch, the agent will send me the papers/warranty.
    I will pay with my credit card for peace of mind.

I will take some photos at the shop for you to see.

It seems to me that its best to call them with what you want first.

Sounds good! Look forward to hearing how it works out....

cheers

matt

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Sounds good! Look forward to hearing how it works out....

cheers

matt
    Well I have never done anything like this before so being very careful.
    I don't go to London often so a bit of a day out as well.
    Its in Piccadilly and I don't recall ever going to that part of town, I wonder what else is in the area?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    I wonder what else is in the area?
    Piccadilly really is right in the heart of it.

You have Piccadilly itself, Regent Street, Old Bond Street, Burlington Arcade and then all the buzz of Soho.

Have a look at a map to orientate yourself before you go and you’ll have a cracking day.

Blog Entries
    Its in Piccadilly and I don't recall ever going to that part of town, I wonder what else is in the area?
    If you want slight wonder and need any Rolex service questions - you can pop into Rolex, St James Square - usually some very nice ladies will take care of your every needs - and there are some on-hand tech staff as well. . .

Regent St - Bond St (avoid Oxford Street - except there is WoS 'flagship' store recently opened there so maybe worth a look)

All the best!

Martyn

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search...6!2d51.5099698

Master
    If you want to have a look at another nice watch shop check out the flagship WOS store at 155 regent st.

Well Soapy !

How did it go ?

Cheers

Matt

Master
    Chronext pricing seems very very keen, taking into account the £100 discount mentioned above they're coming it around £400 cheaper than Iconic for the Planet Ocean I'm looking at.

Banned
    On the bus coming home with the sale of the century,superb day In London.
    I have a ranger with bracelet for the same price they quoted me for the strap.
    Lots of photos,best of all I met a pretty girl in a watch shop wearing a full size speedy who casually said I have 3 or 4 speed masters.
    She showed me more tudor divers and we chatted.
    She isn't a member, but she comes on here to read.more knowledge than a lot and a watch enthusiast.

Ok sounds very interesting!!

I've contacted them about something German... let's see how they can do.