closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Skiing Advice - The Sella Ronda (staying in Selva Val Gardena) - Brilliant Choice

Apprentice

Skiing Advice - The Sella Ronda (staying in Selva Val Gardena) - Brilliant Choice

Good evening All,

Just wanted to share that my group and I just had a brilliant holiday in Italy staying in the Hotel Alpino in Selva Val Gardena. An epic ski holiday with amazing snow conditions given the very limited snow this season.

I had always wanted to ski the Sella Ronda which is a 30km circuit you ski clockwise or anti clockwise which you can do in you visit this area of the Dolomites. You go through some great resorts including Arraba, never repeating the same run so if you push on, a 3-4 hour non-stop ski! If you like solid intermediate skiing with a couple of interesting blacks now and then you'll have the same fantastic days as we did. The apres ski is also great with a heavy Austrian influence meaning wheat beer at €5 a large glass. Food is also excellent and very reasonably priced both in town and up the mountain. The lift system must have received massive investment the last couple of seasons as it is 95% fast and new equipment.

So in summary if you want a different ski trip away from the France mega resorts, at a much more reasonable price, really do consider Sevla and Arraba!

Best,
    Alex

p.s. FYI - Ski experience is 30 years covering all of Europe and North West America. Last trips have been to Les Arc, St Anton, Saux D'Oulx and Merbiel so I've skied most big areas and would classify our group as solid intermediates.
    Last edited by accountant_monkey; 25th January 2015 at 23:36.

Just back from a week in Wagrain/Flachau. Very good skiing and a quick transfer from saltzberg.

Much prefer Austria to France for Skiing.

Master
    Agree 100%. We stayed in Val Di Fassa near Canazei 3 years ago. Did the Sella Ronda on my snowboard one day. Fantastic route with some great slopes and incredible scenery. Huge ski area in the Dolomites.