closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Conor McGregor MMA NOW JULY 11TH!!! in Vegas anyone going ?

Master

Conor McGregor JULY 11TH!!! in Vegas anyone going ?

I have been given carte blanche by SWMBO to go to Vegas in May to watch the UFC featherweight bout between McGregor and Aldo and I was wondering if anyone here have considered going as it would be nice to share the experience with another MMA aficionado.
    I have never been to Vegas as I am not really interested in gambling but this is an experience of a lifetime and I am really excited about representing the Irish side of my family at the fight !

Now is official fight taking place July 11th
    Last edited by pulga69; 18th June 2015 at 20:59.

Not going but should be an amazing fight,would love to see McGregor win but Aldo is one hell of a fighter.Really looking forward to tonight's fight between Gustafson and Johnson,feel that Gustafson is the only real contender to take down Jones and think he was hard done by in the last fight after his domination.

Not an MMA fan at all , but don't think Vegas is just about the gambling. Yes, it was built for that purpose but there is so much more going on these days.
    Go for it, you won't regret it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thorpey69 View Post
    Not going but should be an amazing fight,would love to see McGregor win but Aldo is one hell of a fighter.Really looking forward to tonight's fight between Gustafson and Johnson,feel that Gustafson is the only real contender to take down Jones and think he was hard done by in the last fight after his domination.
    Indeed, I think Gustafson has to fight like McDonald against Woodley and eliminate the danger of the powershot so Johnson should tire out faster and that will give Gustafson the advantage in the later rounds, looking forwards to it too.

I think Anthony Johnson will beat Guftstasson tonight (I hope he doesn't but he is one tough muchacho with a skill set that win or lose could hurt/damage the Scandinavian badly).
    Soon find out......
    Joe

Craftsman
    Definitely something that I'd love to do having been to Vegas to watch boxing.
    And Conner Mcgregor is definitely one of the shining lights in MMA at the moment but the alas the closet I'll be getting to Vegas at the moment is the box set starring James Caan that resides on the DVD rack!!!:(

As for the Gustafsson v Johnson fight.....Well all I can say is WOWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Master
    When in May is it as we're there towards the end and would love to do a live UFC event?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    When in May is it as we're there towards the end and would love to do a live UFC event?
    It looks like the 23rd is the day as it is Memorial weekend and it is already scheduled as a pay per view on the UFC calendar.

About last night's fight ... Oh my word !! That was insane!

Craftsman
    You lucky lucky man! Two things that I absolutely love is Vegas and the UFC. I was at the GSP vs Hendricks fight in Vegas when GSP announced he was retiring after he stole the win. An unreal experience. The atmosphere was immense and was one of the best nights I have ever had. I have already priced going back for the Macgregor fight but with moving into our new house in April it's not going to happen.

Don't worry about going alone if that's what you are doing. Vegas is not a difficult place to make friends. Especially at a UFC fight. Enjoy it, I am insanely jealous!

Master
    Just watched the Johnson v Gustafsson fight on BT Sport, the power of Johnson was tremendous. It's Sod's law we don't fly out to Vegas until the 24th so gonna be a day late.

Johnson is a beast and did exactly what he needed to do -and yet- I don't think he has the tools to beat Jones, we shall see...
    The McGregor fight will just be intense, best place to be for it? Dublin or Vegas take yer pick.Mind you if he beats Aldo the next fight will probably be Chad Mendes and I think that will be an even harder match-up.
    Have a great trip and remember whatever happens in Vegas usually gets posted on twitter so be careful out there.
    Joe

Would love to see MacGregor pull it off and become the first European elite MMA fighter but fear Aldo will edge it. Should be a cracker!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by easty-5 View Post
    You lucky lucky man! Two things that I absolutely love is Vegas and the UFC. I was at the GSP vs Hendricks fight in Vegas when GSP announced he was retiring after he stole the win. An unreal experience. The atmosphere was immense and was one of the best nights I have ever had. I have already priced going back for the Macgregor fight but with moving into our new house in April it's not going to happen.

Don't worry about going alone if that's what you are doing. Vegas is not a difficult place to make friends. Especially at a UFC fight. Enjoy it, I am insanely jealous!
    Wow, that must have been incredible ! It looks like the week after is half term so it could become a family holiday after all!

Master
    I just came off the Q&A for the Silva/Diaz fight and it is now official, July 11th Aldo vs McGregor

Blog Entries
    Watched the Macgregor and Siva fight again today and he does make it look so easy but after the fight when he jumped the fence Aldo didn't flinch at all,just laughed at him. I'd really like to see him knock Aldo out but I can't see it happening, I think it will be a fantastic fight but Aldo will finally be the one to shut Macgregors mouth I'm afraid

Master
    I though I'd revive this just in case, only three weeks to go and I am peeing my pants with excitement !!! The whole card looks great, with Lawler and MacDonald fighting for the welterweight championship too on the same night, and free Dropkick Murphys concert on the Friday night !! Brilliant !!

Conor Mcswaggerjack

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    Conor Mcswaggerjack

Sorry, your point being ?

Craftsman
    I'd love to go, that will be an amazing experience. There will be so many Irish there, he's a bit of a national hero.

It will be an interesting fight, Conor hasn't really fought anyone good yet, although Poirier is looking better now at Lightweight. He's got the title shot a little early I think due to his personality and trash talking. The great thing about UFC though is anything can happen.

Master
    Whatever way it goes, it will definitively be a once in a lifetime experience and I think, having looked at his old videos and the way he is at present, that there is a good chance he could win, there is a case of Aldo wanting to retire or move up weight as a champion against McGregor self belief and national pride, I truly hope he wins but not too quick, two or three rounds would be great, I don't underestimate Aldo though, he is the champion after all and a very dominant one

Journeyman
    I resisted the urge to get into MMA as Im a dedicated boxing fan and ex RAF boxer, but there's no getting away from the excitement of some of these match ups. MMA has come a long way from the messy brawling it started out as. With gyms popping up all over the place the quality has improved no end. I shall certainly be following this.
    You will have a great time in Vegas. I was there about 15 years ago for the rematch of Lennox lewis and Hasim Rahman.

Craftsman
    Oh dear, just heard a rumour that doesn't bode well!

"Looks like the UFC 189 headline fight between Jose Aldo and Conor McGregor may be a sunk as reports are out the Aldo suffered a fractured rib in training."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/6/23...ldo-rib-injury

It looks like op won't be seeing his fight in Vegas, highly likely they will postpone it for a couple of months. Zuffa won't let any of the potential contenders fight Conor because they will beat him.

Master
    Everything is thankfully sorted and the fight is on !! If Aldo bails out Mendes is ready which should be just as good a fight and will be for the interim belt, happy days !

Master
    Mendes it is, now confirmed Aldo is out.

http://uk.ufc.com/media/ufc-189-two-title-fights