closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming (can't wait to get back to work!!)

Incoming (can't wait to get back to work!!)

The sole vacant space in my 12-watch box should be filled tonight/tomorrow Work email says package is waiting for me in work Post Room, currently working 200 miles away so can't wait to pick it up! No clues other than this post fits on 2-lines

Master
    Rolex Sub ND?

Go to the top of the class ZIM ! Yep, 14060M on a D serial.

Pics will follow of course, probably not until the weekend at the earliest.

Cheers!
    Mark

Master
    One of the all time classics I would suggest. A watch you can wear on any occasion and in any situation and it won't look out of place. In a DJ or jeans, on the beach or in the boardroom, even in a sauna, it suites every occasion.

I must admit it's the one watch that I keep going back to. The ultimate beater

Enjoy!

Master
    Great choice, so have you got it yet or is tomorrow the big day?

Journeyman
    Good choice. Got the exact same model 14060m on tuesday. Not been off my wrist since.

Very happy with it. Lovely uncluttered dial....and lug holes!

The one thing i was worried about from reading up was the bracelet. I have to say i think its superb. Ive got zenith/oris others with soild ss bracelets. They do feel quality to touch but they add a lot of weight.

The 14060m bracelet is a lightweight but VERY easy to wear. I think the 14060m may have spoilt things for me. Can't see me wanting to wear anything else for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by pearlwhite67; 22nd January 2015 at 22:58.

A quick update...............I collected the Submariner from work Post Room tonight. Had a nightmare on M1 but still decided to do an hour's detour out of the way as was determined to see it. I'm glad to say it looks and feels awesome It took all of 5 mins to get the bracelet length to suit my left appendage, it's only been on my wrist just for an hour but within the very first minute everything felt just right.....weight, size, feel and of course the perfectly symetrical look

Slightly rattly bracelet/clasp doesn't bother me as I'm used to the noise from the Tudor Hydronaut, it's just a gentle way of Rolex/Tudor letting you know it's still safely on your wrist

I'll post pics etc over the weekend.

p.s. congrats Pearlwhite on your 14060M, you beat me to the world of 2-line ownership by 2 days!! Thanks ZIM and Cat too for your comments.

Journeyman
    Enjoy. I agree there is just something about this model. Maybe the way it harks back to the original subs...

http://www.woundforlife.com/2014/06/...mariner-14060/
    Last edited by pearlwhite67; 23rd January 2015 at 00:35.

I'm very very pleased with the new arrival

p.s. my arm hasn't actually been chopped off in the above pic!

Cheers!
    Mark

Journeyman
    Perfect. Looks like a nice example. Can't beat a 2 line sub.

Looks like its from italy? Did you manage to get the right side of the recent currency fluctuations?

Very, very nice Mark, although the unusual dial colour will probably stand out in your collection. ;)

By the way, you don't mind me vehemently disagreeing with this:

Quote Originally Posted by CafeRacer View Post
    Slightly rattly bracelet/clasp doesn't bother me as I'm used to the noise from the Tudor Hydronaut [...]

Enjoy your new watch!

Master
    Wow that looks very nice congratulations on your new arrival.

Thanks Guys! I bought it from a German dealer, original sale 9 years ago though was in Italy.

Great to see a pic Hidde of the orange Hydronaut, looks really good on your wrist I decided like you that the Tudor Black Bay was just a bit too big and also in my opinion the round markers don't 100% match the snowflake hour hand. I've now got 3 black watches in my collection but there's still a bit of colour..... the yellow dialled Hydronaut stands out proudly

Cheers!
    Mark

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeRacer View Post
    Thanks Guys! I bought it from a German dealer, original sale 9 years ago though was in Italy.

Great to see a pic Hidde of the orange Hydronaut, looks really good on your wrist I decided like you that the Tudor Black Bay was just a bit too big and also in my opinion the round markers don't 100% match the snowflake hour hand. I've now got 3 black watches in my collection but there's still a bit of colour..... the yellow dialled Hydronaut stands out proudly

Cheers!
    Mark
    Very nice dozen you have there.
    I'm working hard to emulate that collection.