16 10.19%
  • Breitling

116 73.89%
  • Both low end Tat

25 15.92%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tag Heuer vs Breitling

Master
    This thread is making me irrationally irritated!

Comments like "both are tat" or "breitling are too blingy" just sound like inane pub bar talk.

Far too many people who are unable to make an objective opinion are allowed to have opinions. It's such a shame that everyone is allowed their own opinion ;-)

The whole premise of this thread is utterly pointless.

Bah!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post

Comments like "both are tat" or "breitling are too blingy" just sound like inane pub bar talk.

Far too many people who are unable to make an objective opinion are allowed to have opinions. It's such a shame that everyone is allowed their own opinion ;-)

Bah!

The trouble is too many people on here these days open their gob before engaging their brain.

Where's the "bling" in this?

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    No comparison between the two, Breitling wins hands down Imo.
    Exactly.

Craftsman
    Ok, from Joe Publics point of view.
    Whilst not being new to owning nice watches I am very new to having an interest in nice watches.
    I always thought of Breitling as a bit flashy and I only ever saw them on the wrist of high flyers, people on their way up - they were seen as a must have accessories for the bankers/Estate Agent/new money types, a bit like a 944 back in the 80's. I would have put them on the rung just below Rolex and on par with Omega. Just my take before I became a bit more educated.
    I owned and wore a Tag daily for nearly 20 years from 1995 and it never let me down - not once. My son loves them and I do think that they are more popular with younger people. I see them as an affordable but prestigious make that have some nice designs, the Monaco and Carrera particularly, but they are quite common whereas the Breitlings have an air of exclusivity about them.
    As with most things it's all about personal taste but that aside I think generally that the Breitling are considered a better watch pound for pound.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Breitling are more expensive so are better.

That's how it works right?

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post

Bah!
    The reasons behind me commenting on Breitling being a little to bling for my liking wasn't inane pub bar talk, but based upon Breitling being referred to by various "gangsta" rappers.....

http://genius.com/50-cent-what-up-gangsta-lyrics/

http://genius.com/Fabolous-im-da-mai...d-cafe-lyrics/

Master
    Breitling for sure.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    The trouble is too many people on here these days open their gob before engaging their brain.

Where's the "bling" in this?

Not at all gaudy that one. There are quite a few others that are a bit less subtle though.

Craftsman
    I like models in both. But think Breitling in quality but probs down to the weight. Love mine but have seen a few tags i like that others prob wouldn't. I jave another watch that has the same eta quartz movement as some of the Tags. Still going no probs 18 urs later.

Craftsman
    I would have thought Breitling by a comfortable margin.

Craftsman
    Both are about the same, depends on the models you compare, really not much difference between the two brands. Comparing is a bit difficult because they are not priced in the same 'price-bandwidth'.

But who cares, both are miles behind Rolex anyway. :-)

I've only skim read the thread but no one has mentioned the TAG heuer haute horology watches. Granted, they are hardly a viable commercial product, but you have to admire a company that pours lots of money into ground breaking technology.

I don't think any other company have belt driven mechanicals or 1000 / sec mechanical chronos.

Shame a lot of their volume selling range is rather unattractive, but that goes for both brands.
    Last edited by carryondentist; 24th January 2015 at 09:42.

Breitling big is beautiful !

Craftsman
    Breitling superocean heritage is the only watch from both brands that I have an urge to buy.

Jeez, if 17% of votes to date see both as low end tat, what are they all wearing? Patek?
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by carryondentist View Post
    I've only skim read the thread but no one has mentioned the TAG heuer haute horology watches. Granted, they are hardly a viable commercial product, but you have to admire a company that pours lots of money into ground breaking technology.

I don't think any other company have belt driven mechanicals or 1000 / sec mechanical chronos.

Shame a lot of their volume selling range is rather unattractive, but that goes for both brands.
    Technically accomplished maybe but IMO look like high end tat (as does much high end horology).

Blog Entries
    I voted Breitling - there really is no comparison. Breitling, Omega, Rolex perhaps should be compared.

Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Jeez, if 17% of votes to date see both as low end tat, what are they all wearing? Patek?
    Casio I expect

Master
    breitlings are my favourite by some distance although i also own a tag which is a great too.

the point above about each manufacturers highest end watches is quite interesting. I had forgotten that tag make such interesting watches (the 1000th sec and the belt drive stuff).

although i would prefer a breitling at most price points, do breitling make anything to match tags top end offerings?

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    breitlings are my favourite by some distance although i also own a tag which is a great too.

the point above about each manufacturers highest end watches is quite interesting. I had forgotten that tag make such interesting watches (the 1000th sec and the belt drive stuff).

although i would prefer a breitling at most price points, do breitling make anything to match tags top end offerings?
    There is a Breitling tourbillon which probably matches Tags price wise.

Master
    Of the two, Breitling way in front, but only because of the Navitimer heritage like the Cosmonaute

Last edited by J J Carter; 25th January 2015 at 18:58.

well i have had 3 Breitlings and no tags so i suppose that says it all.

Breitling for me, as i have one on my want list
    :)