closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Channel 5 - The Classic Car Show.

Channel 5 - The Classic Car Show.

Looking forward to this http://www.classiccarshow.com/

http://www.motor-vision.co.uk/latest...mes-channel-5/ (more pics)

Trailers on YouTube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKQ8A7jmXdc

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd8joMEJhLE

I do like Quentin. Will make refreshing change from Clarkson's arrogance.
    Last edited by Seiko7A38; 17th January 2015 at 14:41.

Apologies if this is a re-post

Apparently it's old news to some:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGDJ7mQewwU

Published on Aug 6, 2014
    Catwalk model turned petrolhead Jodie Kidd has teamed up with car expert Quentin Wilson for a new TV Show providing unprecedented access to iconic collectors cars, personalities and glamorous events. The Classic Car Show will see the duo hunt down some of the worlds finest classic cars and take them for a spin whist exploring the multi-billion dollar industry that has seen values rise faster than fine art, gold and real estate. The first of the 13 one-hour shows hits the small screen in January 2015.

Craftsman
    That does sound like a refreshing change to Top Gear and I think Quentin is a good presenter and certainly knowledgeable about cars.

Whilst Top Gear can get on my wick, the series is always too short, we definitely need more decent motoring programmes on TV.

Craftsman
    This does look good. New cars leave me cold so very much looking forward to this

For plebs like me a show featuring more mundane marques would be welcome.

Craftsman
    Just tuned in to watch this new programme and see that the show is sponsored by watchfinder.co.uk.

Obviously think they have an aligned market!!

Master
    Yes it should be worth a watch.

300SL, drooooool

Nice cars. Crap show

Must admit, struggled to keep watching thanks to that giraffe Jodie Kidd.

Craftsman
    Has anyone been tempted by a TR7????

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnic007 View Post
    A brown one was my very first car!

I was rather naïve, the thing was a dog and lasted probably a year.

Journeyman
    Swapped my Stag for a TR7 and regretted it instantly - LOL!

It seemed a bit - how can I put this - insubstantial.

A missed opportunity, I think. I've nothing against Jodie Kidd, who is easy on the eye, a decent presenter and can actually drive, but the Ferrari California piece was more about her than the car.

Count Quintula is, was, and always will be a dealer, so he tends to turn every piece into a discussion about the values, or potential values, of the cars.

Perhaps we just need to give it time. It was still preferable to most of the populist, lowest common denominator rubbish on tv nowadays.

Agree wasn't too brilliant was it, but will keep watching in the hope of something good :-)

Chasing Classic cars that is on Quest channel now is far more interesting...........
    They've just had some bloke called Herb Chambers on there talking about his two Ferrari Daytona's- one coupe/one soft top-
    he rocked up in his McClaren F1.......far better than the Quentin Wilson dirge

I though the piece on the California was excellent. Fingertips brushing the curves of the car, what's not to like? Kidd seems to be much more of an enthusiast than Wilson. Know which one I'd rather have dinner with.

Craftsman
    For anyone who missed it - it`s on again tonight at 7pm Channel 5 + 24 (channel 175 on Sky)

It reminded me of something that would have been shown on Men and Motors in 2001. Very dated, she's irritating and he's a little bit slimy.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Must admit, struggled to keep watching thanks to that giraffe Jodie Kidd.
    Are you mad? She's a goddess!

Blog Entries
    I found one of the most mesmerising sites on the show Quentin Wilson's eyebrows. They do NOT move! - at all! Please don't tell me that ugly scrote actually spent money on botox....

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    It reminded me of something that would have been shown on Men and Motors in 2001. Very dated, she's irritating and he's a little bit slimy.
    More than "a bit slimy". What a dreadful character he is.

It was so very rehearsed and awkward, the two of them. Cars were nice. I noted that the stunning Merc SL was two-thirds the width of the SLS, which could probably have a bus built on its chassis.
    They made the TR7 look a lot nicer than I remember them to be. I envied the guy who bought the Wheeler Dealer's restored TR6.

Why. Does. Jodie. Have. To. Talk. Like. This?

I'll keep on watching, more for the cars than the presenters.

Master
    I watched it - lets just say that if miss it next week I wouldn't be overly upset.

I tried, I really tried as I love classic cars but didn't get past the introduction
    Gray

As much as I like classic cars I really don't like Quentin Wilson so I'll avoid this.

Grand Master
    Having just rejoined the classic car fraternity (MGB), I`ll watch this with interest and catch up on iplayer.

I find Quentin OK; not sure about Jody Kidd in this role though.

Most classic car programmes seem to skirt around the edges of the reality that's involved in buying and owning old vehicles..........I`m guessing this'll be no different!

If my memory serves me right, Quentin got scammed with a fake watch off eBay several years back.....something beginning with 'R'!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnic007 View Post
    have had two both fixed heads a white one and a gold one, great cars still would like another,still collect car brochures etc you either love em or hate them the wife used to say I am not getting in that, still married her.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    That. Stops. Me..... WATCHING... THAT. show.
    +1

Just watched it this morning and I was disappointed with Jodie, I thought she'd be much better!......in fact I was disappointed with the whole show.

Very wooden, very 'acted', majoring on style at the expense of substance. It needs to improve or it'll die.

The TR7 feature brought back memories; yet another tragic lost opportunity for BL. You had to be around at the time to appreciate the rise and fall of this much maligned (and misunderstood) car.

Paul

Master
    Blog Entries
    This weeks show was a belter, great story about the Range Rover ,and that Citroen DS Convertible was jaw dropping, such a beautiful sexy car. Quinton is a brilliant presenter simply because he knows what he is on about, I quite like Jodie and think she will get better. This is my kind od car show,hope they keep the standards up.
    Last edited by hilly10; 28th February 2015 at 16:43.

Master
    .....and no one has mentioned his Rolex, bet it's a classic

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    .....and no one has mentioned his Rolex, bet it's a classic

Or on loan from Watchfinder?

Master
    Got to be a classic to match that classic blue suit he seems to like....just watching it now

Good show, but Jodie is a little wooden.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    This weeks show was a belter, great story about the Range Rover ,and that Citroen DS Convertible was jaw dropping, such a beautiful sexy car. Quinton is a brilliant presenter simply because he knows what he is on about, I quite like Jodie and think she will get better. This is my kind od car show,hope they keep the standards up.
    You have to ignore the huge holes in the films though, like the RR being on off road tyres and having a run up, yet the modern car was on normal road tyres and went from a standing start.

Blog Entries
    I was a little disappointed to learn that the programme was filmed up to a year ago. The Monaco Grand Prix Historique article was filmed in May 14 and the piece on the Porsche 928 as a classic 'for under five grand' was filmed a year ago (we know the owner of the car - a rare S4 that cost the guy three times that). He was sold the idea of borrowing his car with the promise that Jodie Kidd would be driving it rather than the no-mark who does the budget slot. He was merely told it was a piece about a 1970s arcade game and was disappointed when he saw the finished article. You'd be very hard pushed to find a 928 for five grand now that didn't need a lot of money spending on it. The car they used was a rare 928 S4 manual with only 29,000 miles on it. The same car this year would probably make £25-30k.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    You have to ignore the huge holes in the films though, like the RR being on off road tyres and having a run up, yet the modern car was on normal road tyres and went from a standing start.

I here what you say and agree they do flash it up a bit. I have done off road when I had my Rangie with LR and believe you me there anit a lot out there that will keep up when the going gets really tough.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    I was a little disappointed to learn that the programme was filmed up to a year ago. The Monaco Grand Prix Historique article was filmed in May 14 and the piece on the Porsche 928 as a classic 'for under five grand' was filmed a year ago (we know the owner of the car - a rare S4 that cost the guy three times that). He was sold the idea of borrowing his car with the promise that Jodie Kidd would be driving it rather than the no-mark who does the budget slot. He was merely told it was a piece about a 1970s arcade game and was disappointed when he saw the finished article. You'd be very hard pushed to find a 928 for five grand now that didn't need a lot of money spending on it. The car they used was a rare 928 S4 manual with only 29,000 miles on it. The same car this year would probably make £25-30k.
    BSB are you on the 928 list as well (as me) then?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    BSB are you on the 928 list as well (as me) then?
    LOL - I am indeed.

A 93 K registered 928 S4.

Master
    Very smart. 944 here

and I used to have this

it went quite well!

tempted by a 928 but they are getting a bit pricey now.

I have had a few dealings with Quentin in real life he ain't all that bad!

Blog Entries
    Very smart. 944 here

and I used to have this

it went quite well!

tempted by a 928 but they are getting a bit pricey now.
    Both very nice, David. I should think the 996 did go well and the 944 looks to be a Turbo so shouldn't be too shabby

The 928s are fantastic but, if you're tempted, I'd get on board now as prices are rising pretty quickly.

Master
    Very true. A nice GT used to be 12k! Not anymore.
    944 runs a few choice mods so around 320ish bhp. Doesn't go badly at all but the 996 was a whole order of magnitude faster at 490bhp.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFixer View Post
    Good show, but Jodie is a little wooden.
    +1......disappointed with Jodie, I like her, she's easy on the eye and a bit of an action-girl, but she doesn`t sound comfortable in this role. Hopefully she'll improve into the job, I think the show is basically OK.

Paul

Very true. A nice GT used to be 12k! Not anymore.
    944 runs a few choice mods so around 320ish bhp. Doesn't go badly at all but the 996 was a whole order of magnitude faster at 490bhp.
    But a different car in every respect except the badge on the front.