timefactors watches
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 701 to 716 of 716

Thread: Intro to Fountain Pens

  1. #701
    Craftsman Tickeros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dorsetshire
    Posts
    653
    Yes, I got the nibs complete with Bock feed. Although I know you can get just the standalone nib from say Goulet pens.

  2. #702
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shropshire UK
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    Sorted, need the Bock housing and feed not the kit compatible. Took the pen apart and compared the two - looks like Bock.
    Where are you ordering from?

  3. #703
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by LuBee View Post
    Where are you ordering from?
    Haven't decided yet to be honest. More importantly, do I really need/want one?
    I have the pen with EF nib that suits me fine (I think). At the very most I'll order a fine nib, can use it both with
    my Jinhao and Namisu. Will keep me busy!
    If I decide to order it will be from http://www.beaufortink.co.uk/bocknibs.html

  4. #704
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    942

    Woo Hoo!

    This arrived today!






    Absolutely beautiful pen! Only one problem, I thought I'd ordered this https://www.iguanasell.co.uk/collect...ushi-lacquer-1! What I've got is this, https://www.iguanasell.co.uk/product...te-gold-plated I think!
    It is almost an inch longer then my Shu Nurippanashi!
    Last edited by 72bpm; 2nd March 2017 at 22:54.

  5. #705
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shropshire UK
    Posts
    1,153
    Nice pen :) Difficult to spot the difference between the two...is it just the thread?

  6. #706
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by LuBee View Post
    Nice pen :) Difficult to spot the difference between the two...is it just the thread?
    Thread and total length, the one I wanted is 2 cm shorter. Checked my emails and for once it seems I'm right! I have emailed Iguanasell, let's see!

  7. #707
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    Thread and total length, the one I wanted is 2 cm shorter. Checked my emails and for once it seems I'm right! I have emailed Iguanasell, let's see!
    Apparently I'm right. They've sent me the Aka tamenuri writer long instead of the writer. So disappointed, I'll have to return it. They have no stock in rhodium trim.
    Must say it is very shiny!!

  8. #708
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shropshire UK
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    Apparently I'm right. They've sent me the Aka tamenuri writer long instead of the writer. So disappointed, I'll have to return it. They have no stock in rhodium trim.
    Must say it is very shiny!!
    :( that is sad...aren't you tempted to keep it?

  9. #709
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by LuBee View Post
    :( that is sad...aren't you tempted to keep it?
    No. Too big, won't fit in my pen case. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful pen, absolutely stunning. But, the portable is the one I want, don't know, it feels right. I hope it is as shiny as the Long Aka Tamenuri!

  10. #710
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shropshire UK
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    No. Too big, won't fit in my pen case. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful pen, absolutely stunning. But, the portable is the one I want, don't know, it feels right. I hope it is as shiny as the Long Aka Tamenuri!
    I have long followed the principle of get exactly what you want and don't compromise because you will always be after your original desire.

    I'm in the same boat (nowhere near the same scale!) wanting an orange Faber Castell Ondoro, I know where there is a cheap black one but I know if I buy it I'll still want the orange one! Short term economics is the reason I have two Visconti Salvador Dali's wanted the blue, couldn't find s/h one bought brown one and then bought a blue one anyhow....nuts!

  11. #711
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by LuBee View Post
    I have long followed the principle of get exactly what you want and don't compromise because you will always be after your original desire.

    I'm in the same boat (nowhere near the same scale!) wanting an orange Faber Castell Ondoro, I know where there is a cheap black one but I know if I buy it I'll still want the orange one! Short term economics is the reason I have two Visconti Salvador Dali's wanted the blue, couldn't find s/h one bought brown one and then bought a blue one anyhow....nuts!
    Absolutely! I'm paying my hard earned money for this and nothing short of 100% is good enough. If it were a gift that's a totally different matter. I'm slightly OCD which doesn't help.

  12. #712
    Master amnesia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    2,076
    Blog Entries
    1
    The ink cost more than these three pens put together !





    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  13. #713
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shropshire UK
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    The ink cost more than these three pens put together !





    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Thats funny...

  14. #714
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    5,413
    Blog Entries
    53
    Anyone got any ideas for a case for cartridges?

    I've just got mine in the original boxes,

    - but would be nice to have them in a case as I travel a lot for work.

    The only one I've seen so far is a $50 import from Japan.

    Has anyone found other options ?

    z

  15. #715
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Anyone got any ideas for a case for cartridges?

    I've just got mine in the original boxes,

    - but would be nice to have them in a case as I travel a lot for work.

    The only one I've seen so far is a $50 import from Japan.

    Has anyone found other options ?

    z
    I've got one of these:http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/KW15944/...idge-dispenser

  16. #716
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shropshire UK
    Posts
    1,153

    Don't look now!

    But there is a Pilot M90 on SC....wow http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...0-Fountain-Pen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •