closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Precista G10

Journeyman

Precista G10

On the look out for one, they rarely come up on ebay and tend to demand a higher price naturally.
    Anchor sell them for £145, and that included them having a new crystal, clean and check as well as a new nato.

Is it worth biting the bullet, they have in stock and with the apparent work being completed should be a fine example.

Regards

I had mine out the other day and thought I might put a battery in and wear it for a while. Some nice wabi about the case and crystal.....

F.T.F.A.

Try a wtb on here or MWR forum? They do come up on the bay regularly but nowhere near as many as the CWC's purely down to the fact there were far fewer issued.

Journeyman
    Unfortunately I'm new on here so a Wanted Ad is a no go, and owing to my impacient being. Guess it all depends if a Fat Boy shows up before a Precista

Journeyman
    This military watch collecting is bizarre, I'm always watching them on ebay.
    A 94 cwc navigator just sold for £111, and a pulsar G10 sold for just over £100

May be only in my mind but how can the current useless pulsar demand nearly the same price as a rare Navigator ?

Just bite the bullit I have about 6 precista G10 if your buying from Anchor call the Nottingham branch and ask for Charlotte tell her Baden sent you and I said you'd make sure you get one of the best ones ;-)

are they all fat cases, like the 1980 CWC?

If so is it the same / very similar case, or different?

Thanks

I have an 84 6BB precista that's in a medium case.

The '84 Precista has the fatboy caseback but has the thinnest front case of any of the CWC/Precista range. Whilst I have this model, I do not think the proportions of front to back are quite right. Far better to go for an '82 as this has the same overall case as a CWC '80 to 82 fat boy.

P.

A few older posts I made about case comparisons.

First g10's
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...highlight=case

Next Cwc fat case vs precista fat case

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...highlight=case

Baden

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post

Did they really issue 30k of these ?

Bring back the PRS-10.

It's interesting that Anchor Supplies have Precista G10s in stock now. I don't think that was the case as recently as a few months ago, when I last checked. So perhaps they came across a few. Maybe worth a phone call to see how many they really have; perhaps it's just a single example!

I have both the '82 and '84 Precistas in my collection. Looking at my records, £145 does indeed seem a bit steep, but not hugely over the top if it's a nice example and you really want one and don't want to wait for another to turn up.

Journeyman
    Ideally in want the 82 fat case, ive yet to see one come up for sale in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by John Wall View Post
    Did they really issue 30k of these ?
    I don't think they did I think this number is issued by the MOD and includes all watches issued in that year.

There's a lot of CWC issued in 1982 maybe something to do with the Falklands war?

Thanks to the OP and to Baden,; another bookmark lol