closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Busy month! New acquisitions (Grand Seiko, MM300, LLD) and SOTC

Craftsman

Busy month! New acquisitions (Grand Seiko, MM300, LLD) and SOTC

Well, this was quite the month... It started with a new Victorinox INOX at the start of december, but to finance this one, I needed to sell my Seiko SUN019. The buyer decided a personal transaction was prefered, and this was the turning point. He wore the Marinemaster SBDX001, and I fell in love.

Earlier this year I purchased an IWC Mark XVI Spitfire, but I didn't wear it nearly enough, so it had to go. After the meeting with the buyer of the SUN019, I decided now was the perfect time to sell the IWC and buy the MM300 and another (to be decided later) watch.

The sale didn't take long, and after a day or so I made a deal with a fellow watch lover to trade the IWC for a Longines Legend Diver and some cash. I've wanted to try the LLD for a while now, and the cash allowed me to buy the MM300, so this was a done deal.

With the Longines and the money in the hand, the search for the Marinemaster commenced. Luckily a local dealer had one in stock, and a couple of days later the package arrived.

But, we're not finished yet, oh no! The Longines wasn't completely to my liking. The staps that came with the watch weren't perfect, and the watch was nicer in the hand than on the wrist. The famous click was simply (and unfortunately) missing. In most cases a new watch gets worn nearly every single day for a couple of weeks, but the Longines didn't even last a full day. And, well, Grand Seiko kept calling my name.

Ever since I started as an avid collector, I was attracted to GS. I wanted to try one out, but a lack of money and expansive watches don't really go well together. Yesterday evening I decided to sell the LLD and look for a GS Quartz to add to my collection.

Well, as some of you know, sometimes things work out faster than expected, and not twelve hours later the GS was mine! I'm completely in love, and this is the perfect ending to 2014.

So, now for the collection:

And lastly, thanks for sharing my enthusiasm!

Great story! What model is the GS out of interest

You and i have very similar tastes in watches :)

Craftsman
    Thanks for posting and nice collection!

Craftsman
    Nice story,
    I hope will be continued.
    You still have some space in Your watchbox.;-)

Craftsman
    Lovely collection, very jealous!!

You have impeccable taste, although I would say that as they're to my taste

Thanks for sharing.

Some very nice watches there.Also some lovely additions.Very well played.

A great story and great watches... Excellent result.

Journeyman
    Shame about the LLD. But the GS looks lovely. Another addition to the shortlist of potentials for my next purchase!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Great story! What model is the GS out of interest

You and i have very similar tastes in watches :)

Looks like a SBGX061 like mine.

Cheers
    Neil

Thew what a busy month. And it looks like in the end it has worked out great. Thanks for sharing your story and collection.

Master
    Good results. Some very nice pieces.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the nice words, guys! I enjoyed sharing the story and watches.

The Grand Seiko is a SBGX097. Has a deep green dial, which looks mostly black but sometimes the green shows!

Here is a picture I found on the internet. Shows the way the green looks.

Quote Originally Posted by JTrapman View Post
    Thanks for the nice words, guys! I enjoyed sharing the story and watches.

The Grand Seiko is a SBGX097. Has a deep green dial, which looks mostly black but sometimes the green shows!

Here is a picture I found on the internet. Shows the way the green looks.

Lovely watch! I am looking at GS myself can i ask where you bought yours? I have found a sbgx055 at just over 2k and i cant decide what to do

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Lovely watch! I am looking at GS myself can i ask where you bought yours? I have found a sbgx055 at just over 2k and i cant decide what to do
    I got mine from a member of a dutch watchforum. I don't really know if yours is a good price or not, but it's a lovely watch

Aha I really hope to buy a victorinox inox tmr
    I am so impressed with it - I hope it won't disappoint and would love to hear your thoughts
    Great watches - I've never tried an MM300 again
    I would love to hear your thoughts on this watch too as I see an LV and would love to know how they compare many thanks

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Olives View Post
    Aha I really hope to buy a victorinox inox tmr
    I am so impressed with it - I hope it won't disappoint and would love to hear your thoughts
    Great watches - I've never tried an MM300 again
    I would love to hear your thoughts on this watch too as I see an LV and would love to know how they compare many thanks
    The INOX is great! It's nicely finished with the polished (octagon is it?) edges around the bezel. Wears terrific too, you barely notice it's there. The supplied rubber strap is nothing to write home about, but still it's better than the straps they usually offer, and also of better quality than most rubber straps. The dial is nice and clean, with decent lume. There's also the weird rubber bezel protect thingy, but that's definately something to put on once and then hide away in some far and dark corner of the watch box. Only letdown is the lugsize, I mean, come on, 21mm? Fortunately a 22mm strap goes in just fine, but still...

How do the MM and LV compare? Well, honestly, one is a 1500 GBP watch, and the other is closer to 6000 GBP. The difference in value is mostly in marketing and other stuff, but still, the Rolex just feels better on most fronts tbh. The MM is unbeatable for the money, believe me, I've tried, but it's not 100% on par with the LV. However, it does come awfully close to it. No matter how you put it, no way the LV is 4500 GBP nicer. The finishing on the MM is impeccable, and the case pretty innovative. Furthermore it wears great and is without a doubt more special than my Rolex. So if you have any doubts, go for it!

I made some pictures of the INOX not too long ago, if you want I'll upload them.

Wink

Do you miss the LLD?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LonginesManiac View Post
    Do you miss the LLD?
    I'm trying to sell it at the moment on a Dutch watchforum. Maybe later this week I'll try it here. So, missing isn't really in the picture at the moment. But... I am not looking forward to selling it. However, it's either the MM or the Longines, and the Longines is the unfortunate one in this fight.