closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Incoming: Wait, what, the back is on the front....? GO content

Blog Entries

New Incoming: Wait, what, the back is on the front....? GO content

Well its always a good time when a new addition arrives but for some reason i've been more excited, and more impressed with this latest one than all the others i've had. A new addition which i'm sure is going to divide opinion, some will love it, some will hate it, and that's totally fine with me. Why, well quite simply its a bit different. Marmite even, but you know what, its certainly a conversational piece. Ladies and gentlemen i present you with the Glashutte Original PanoInverse XL. This is the originally released version with the more pronounce bezel (a vast improvement over the latest incarnation which leaves the dial somewhat unbalanced in my opinion), is a manual wind with a more than adequate 41 hours power reserve. As this is the XL it is the 42mm version, and it certainly has some heft....not quite as bulky as an IWC Portuguese but it certainly has wrist presence whilst also (and crucially) being able to fit under a shirt cuff. Clearly the most striking feature of the watch is the semi skeleton dial with it's distinctive silver Glashutte ribbing, the well known GO off centre dial with white gold numerals and of course the exposed double swan neck regulator and balance bridge. One of the most frustrating things about having a watch with a fantastic caseback is the fact you barely get the opportunity to appreciate it, now you don't need to as GO cleverly put it on the front. The result is a feature which becomes quite mesmerising to observe and really adds to the pop of the dial. Lastly, it comes with a quite thick, but mightily impressive Louisiana nubuck alligator strap complementing the 'different' look and of course the standard deployant.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    thats an absolute beauty.. congrats :-)
    great photos too.

Well, if it divides opinions, I am on the side that loves it. I think it is lovely.👍👍

You know, I do actually like that ... much to my surprise. It's not overly busy, it's nicely balanced and quite distinct. I bet it's even better in the flesh. Congratulations!

Lovely watch and superb photos too

Mmm nice. I want one!
    It's just a matter of time...

Always loved these Darren - really appeals to someone like me who loves display backs, now without the need to take it off and turn it around.

Great photos

Does it divide opinion?? I thought everyone loved them, I know I do!

I'd like to compare the XL and standard version at some point.
    Last edited by DB9yeti; 22nd December 2014 at 00:19.

Master
    Congrats Darren, that's a beauty.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I love it just love looking at those movements. I always glance at my GO at the back before putting it on.

Journeyman
    Nice what a gem!

Master

Looking good!!

No division so far!!?? another one for loving it here and to be honest I'm not a great lover of dress watches but this is just the right side of different to be interesting and away from the plain!!
    Enjoy it you lucky man

Chris

Another +1 from me. GO finishing is superb and I know it's not much in the grand scheme of things but the strap is also awesome!
    ENjoy

OK, as people are asking, I'm in the NO camp.

Whenever I see these I see a ladies watch dial squeezed into a corner of a man's watch case.

Also, that has to be the biggest waste of a display back EVER!

Still, each to their own and I'm clearly in a minority here.

All that matter is that the owner enjoys it, and clearly he (they) does (do).

M

Cracking watch - I was tempted myself.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Definitely in the love it category. Not had a GO but that would be the one when I get one.

Malc

Stunner - if I didn't have a PC I'd own a PanoInverse for sure. Nice watch for Christmas too :)

Seen one of these in the flesh - though not had the chance to own one yet...

Gotta love a GO :)

Cheers

Matt

I had one of these, it's a fantastic watch.

I didn't like its replacement as much, but the new automatic big date version is a stunner.

Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    It still is Andy!

Congrats to the OP on the purchase, the photos (which are considerably better than mine) and the decision to go for the original version, which I agree is much better balanced than the updated version.

All the best,

Paul

Master
    lovely looking watch - and that nubuck strap really compliments it well .. You would not want it as your only good watch , but what a piece to have & admire ...

Quote Originally Posted by lawnmowerman78 View Post
    It still is Andy!

Congrats to the OP on the purchase, the photos (which are considerably better than mine) and the decision to go for the original version, which I agree is much better balanced than the updated version.

All the best,

Paul
    You don't need that now you have the PP ;)

A good looking watch. I did wonder about the 'V' & 'N' on the regulator:

Apparently they stand for Vor (ahead) & Nach (past): link.

Stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by lawnmowerman78 View Post
    It still is Andy!
    Glad it's still looking good.

To my shame, I still haven't replaced it. Maybe in the sales...

Craftsman

Nope. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    OK, as people are asking, I'm in the NO camp.

Whenever I see these I see a ladies watch dial squeezed into a corner of a man's watch case.

Still, each to their own and I'm clearly in a minority here.

All that matter is that the owner enjoys it, and clearly he (they) does (do).

M
    I'm with Snowman I'm sorry to say.

It looks like all the bits have fallen out of the movement and settled on the dial.

But each to their own and if you love it who the hell cares what I think. The last watch I bought was universally disliked by everyone I showed it to but I still love it and wear it anyway.

I hope you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

M
    I'm with you on this too. Can't say that I'm a fan of this watch either, and that display back is pointless. A nice engraved SS caseback would have done the job perfectly well here. I don't doubt it's impressive to look at IRL, but overall it just seems a bit too much white space here.

Lovely...... I have not seen one before, very impressed.

Congratulations....

Certainly a fine watch!

Beautiful, I am not particularly fond of skeletons or watches showing bits of the movement through the dial, but I have always loved that design... One of my favourite dress watches, definitely something different
    Congrats

Not my cup of tea at all I'm afraid. It's like a man sized watch with a girls sized watch face.

Very nice and something different. Certainly a conversational piece. But I do like the new one with the big date, I think GOs should all have them....

That's an acquired taste that I, er, haven't acquired yet. The case is nice and I admire the engineering, but I don't go for the look

Master
    We see a lot of great pictures often of very different watches on here, but my goodness that's a beauty. I absolutely love the colourful face, very subtle, but at the same time striking. A pleasure to look at.

Master
    Absolutely love it. Tried on the 2014 version the other Day, but I think I prefer this one.

Blog Entries
    Thanks all for the feedback, I did say it would divide opinion! Particular thanks to those that expressed a dislike, I know we're not normally a bunch to post something negative on someone's watch thread and I did want genuine feedback so it's good that they were willing to share their honest feedback.

Having admired the Inverse for some time i'm certainly interested to see in the flesh what GO have achieved with the new PanoMaticInverse with the new automatic movement and added date feature.
    Last edited by ~dadam02~; 28th December 2014 at 09:23.

Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post

I didn't like its replacement as much, but the new automatic big date version is a stunner.
    Yes, I miss that watch, too!

Fully agree the older XL looks better.

Not my cup of tea but that said it has to be admired.Great pictures also OP.

Craftsman
    It's interesting, but not really my kind of thing. I'd be interested to see how it looks on the wrist though, those pictures are almost too ​good, it makes it harder to judge (if that makes sense).