closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Returned home from Dallas!

Returned home from Dallas!

Trouble is after a nine hour flight with no in flight entertainment, my luggage didn't land with me! American Airlines can tell me it was lasted tracked in Dallas at DFW airport. I already know this because it was when I handed it to them at check in!

Having been told "it will turn up sir" I have now started calling them to find out when, so far been on the phone half an hour.

This happened to any other TZ'ers?

Blog Entries
    Yes, happened to me some five yrs back, once with BA from LA, once with Delta from Dallas. Both times luggage was delivered at home within 48 hrs. In the LA flight, the outside of my Samsonite was heavily deformed/damaged (it takes a lot!) but to be fair BA later gave me another suitcase (new and of a better spec!).

Three or four times over the years. The missing articles have always turned up, intact, at some point - from the following day, to nearly a week later on one occasion. So hang in there - I'm sure your luggage will make it home!

Cheers,

Plug

Came back from Hong Kong with BA a few years ago, and my suitcase didn't appear on the carousel.

I went to the baggage kiosk and gave details and drove home.

Within two hours of arriving home, a knock on the door, and a man standing there with my case.

If only one could book that service before leaving home.....

Glad it's not just me then. What bugs me is the hoops I'm jump through to find anything out, spent two hours on the phone being told its in Dallas then it was on my flight then it wasn't so many wrong numbers to call I got to the point I wouldn't dial a number unless the person giving it to me did first to check it was correct.

Finally found out that American Airlines have over 200 bags in a room that need forwarding but they are short of staff so can't tell me if mine is in there, should know in 24 hours!

Fingers crossed if it doesn't show soon I'll be asking for pants for Christmas because I've run out.

Absolutely - as long as your house keys aren't in your luggage losing on the way back isn't a problem although does involve hanging around waiting for the belt to stop and forms so probably easier if it wasn't lost overall.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We went to Malta for a two week holiday. My suitcase went to Majorca, two days before it got to Malta then I had to all the way to the airport to fetch it. Insurance were very good I got some shirts and shorts pants etc and the Taxi fare. Every time my packs she splits it between us

My daughter in laws case went missing en route from the US last year but was delivered to our house 48 hours later.

It's a nuisance but it happens.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Air France going to Rio... The most shocking pile of cr@p I've ever had the misfortune to deal with... They nearly didn't pay me out too... The worst of of worst airlines I've ever had to deal with... Iberia running a close second

Got our bags after 8 days and I had to to to the airport to get them back...

Had a load of stuff going missing in NZ too... But, at leat BA gave a damn...

Went to Mexico City for a conference in 2012 from Vancouver via Air Canada, my luggage arrived six days after me, on the day I was to fly back. Spent the conference in whatever I could find locally, mostly loud shirts

Master
    Hawaiian air from Maui to LA, there's a dapper gent (and by that I mean thieving scum) wearing my stuff somewhere between the two...

Journeyman
    Happened to me and my wife on our honeymoon a few years back. It was when BA were on strike. We were due to fly direct from Manchester to Phoenix but found out on the day of the wedding our BA flight was cancelled. Managed to arrange a transfer to Air France/Delta flying via JFK but with a 7 hour stopover. Got upgraded on the Manchester-JFK leg which was nice. Bags didn't turn up in Phoenix, which wasn't. The wife was in bits after a long journey, they eventually turned up at the hotel about 24 hours later. Think they'd been searched in JFK which had caused them to get delayed.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Air France going to Rio... The most shocking pile of cr@p I've ever had the misfortune to deal with... They nearly didn't pay me out too... The worst of of worst airlines I've ever had to deal with... Iberia running a close second

Got our bags after 8 days and I had to to to the airport to get them back...

Had a load of stuff going missing in NZ too... But, at leat BA gave a damn...
    Second that we went to Havana from Paris with them. Never never again total rubbish

Last time my luggage was lost was on LHR-SEA. Had not been loaded for some reason, but was found two days later and shipped to my hotel on the next flight. My travel insurance has an allowance for lost or delayed luggage, so I just visit a suitable store.

Craftsman
    I used to fly from Leeds Bradford to London fortnighlty for work. Normally I just had hand luggage, but one time I need to check a bag in. On returning to leeds i realised it was pretty stupid to put the car keys in the checked bag.....you guessed it they lost it and my keys! Bloody knightmare it was.

Hope yours turns up soon

Master
    Because I have access to corporate rates (and they are damn good) I usually FedEx luggage ahead of me if going for more than a couple of days and get on the plane with pretty much just a passport.

Makes travelling much less stressful.

Going from Aberdeen to Houston 2 weeks ago BA didn't get the baggage on the second flight at Heathrow. They put it on the next flight to Houston which departed 3 hours after my flight.

My bag arrived at the hotel 30 hours later than I did.

I used to be a standing joke that if you flew to Portland OR, that you had a 50% chance of your luggage arriving.

I did better, but on 3 trips it only arrived the same day twice!

Some colleagues, though, had a 100% MISS rate, with it getting delayed every time.

Otherwise I've been lucky and it's never gone astray.

To be fair, in Portland (I think my luggage went to Chicago or somewhere, when I changed in Washington) the luggage was at my door when I woke up the next morning, so it was hardly a major inconvenience.

Chances are the OP's will turn up soon.

M

Quick up date. I got my case back! Delivered to my door by courier at midnight last night! Not an ideal time to be waking people up with deliveries but I got it back and that's what counts.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Glad you got it back!

One of my close friends had a suitcase go missing a few years back, there was no sign of it and in the end he gave up on it. Turned up 10 months later and had been to NZ!!

Ive had somebody pick up my suitcase once on the carousel, we had identical suitcases except mine had a lock and his didnt!!! It was only when he got out of the airport and in to his car in the car park that he realised he had the wrong case. I was lucky he never drove off! Since then I always tag / mark my suitcases with something obvious and big for other people to know its not theirs! Far too many cases that look identical nowadays and people rarely check the airline paper tags for their name when grabbing them!