TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Decent PS4 games

Decent PS4 games

I've treated myself
    Haven't hooked it up yet but got drive club and fifa15

Is the sniper game any good as only £20 in CEX

Like killing things

Any game reviews gr army appreciated

The best games I've played are Killzone and Shadow of Mordor.

Killzone is a excellent first person shooter. Campaign is decent, not as good as Killzone 2, but enough variety in the ways you can play to make it really enjoyable. Online was excellent, it's not like Cal of Duty and Battlefield, which is full of snotty annoying American 9 year olds. But the game has been out since launch so the number of players online might be quite few now.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/1...ow-fall-review

Shadow of Mordor is an excellent open world sabot game. Set just before the Lord of the Rings, you play as a ranger who goes around slaughtering orks, often in slow motion which makes it thuroughly enjoyable.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/2...-mordor-review

I've not played the sniper game, so I can't comment. Sorry.

Sean recommended Outlast to me, which may be up your street?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OtZVGwwc_Q

I've got a PS4 although it's mainly my lad who plays it - I mainly use it for Netflix.
    I've asked him for his expert teenage opinion and aside from the usual FIFA/CoD stuff, it's certainly worth checking out "The Last of Us". It also goes without saying that GTA V is a must have - even I have the odd blast on it and the mulitplayer option is great fun. Apparently Far Cry 4 is pretty good too.

I finished the single player part of GTA V today, I thought it was brilliant. There are still quite a lot of side missions left for me to do.

BF4 is a fantastic game, when it works. The game varies from match to match.
    Last edited by Matt London; 22nd December 2014 at 01:46.

Journeyman
    The Last Of Us was epic. Probably the best story in a game I have ever experienced.

Edit: Also BF4 but I would say that as I work on the franchise :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    GTA V is epic on the PS4... I completed it on the XBOX360, but recently upgraded to a PS4 and the graphics are stunning. Although it's the same storyline, it is somehow more involving.

If you like the crap scared out of you then Alien : Isolation is good - just don't play it with the lights off.

Sniper Elite III was excellent on the XBOX - "bullet time" effects are particularly good, and the ballistics and physics make you concentrate hard. Only £20 ish in Game IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    certainly worth checking out "The Last of Us"
    I forgot about this game, having played it it on the PS3 when it first came out. This game is just superb, excellent in every aspect. It needs to be played on the most difficult setting to really enjoy the post apocalyptic world the makers have tried to create.

Farcry 4 is really good but if you played farcry 3 it's practically the same.

The new cod is good single player but they ruined it with all the power boost jumps and stuff makes the multiplayer awful and more like halo

Started to play the last of us but did not give it much time might be worth another go from what people have said on here

I just happen to have the box for The Last of Us (Remastered for PS4) in front of me when I read this, and they proudly boast "Over 200 Game of the Year awards".
    It has to be a cracker.
    Mine is still sealed, but really looking forward to playing it.

Craftsman
    Resogun is a fantastic old school shoot em up with modern visuals. Takes mechanics from Defender and brings them right up to date. Plays great, looks amazing, worthy of a five minute blast or an hour long session.

Easily the best PS4 exclusive that isn't a remake.

TLOU and GTA V are also essential.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingdave View Post
    Resogun is a fantastic old school shoot em up with modern visuals. Takes mechanics from Defender and brings them right up to date. Plays great, looks amazing, worthy of a five minute blast or an hour long session.

Easily the best PS4 exclusive that isn't a remake.

Downloaded Resogun yesterday and love it. Some of the graphics are nothing short of jaw dropping.
    I remember Defender from my childhood, and Resogun brings it right up to date in 2014.

For all those new to PlayStation feel free to add me as friend for online gaming, etc... My PSN ID is the same as my user name here.

I'm not desperate for friends. Honest!

Journeyman
    Watchdogs.

Master
    Wolfenstein is def worth the £20 Tesco price tag IMO

Bagged Watch Dogs off ebay for £15.
    There are some excellent prices about for a lot of PS4 games.

Haven't managed to find Little a Big Planet 3 at a bargain price . . . yet! Roll on the sales.

Master
    Honestly, every game I have played that wasn't The Last of Us has just seemed crap in comparison. Just immense and the only game I have ever played through more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Honestly, every game I have played that wasn't The Last of Us has just seemed crap in comparison. Just immense and the only game I have ever played through more than once.
    You must be delighted to know that the same team are working on The Last of Us 2.

Downloaded Resogun after reading this thread,really good fun and addictive old Skool gameplay,well worth a tenner.

Master
    I certainly am although it was a bit of a forgone conclusion with how they left the last one and how popular it was. I am sure there will be many more!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    You must be delighted to know that the same team are working on The Last of Us 2.

Quote Originally Posted by thorpey69 View Post
    Downloaded Resogun after reading this thread,really good fun and addictive old Skool gameplay,well worth a tenner.
    It really is a cracker.

Also downloaded, Switch Galaxy Ultra. Similar idea to Wipeout, and the games incredibly more enjoyable as it gets faster and harder.

As a newcomer to PS4, do games get many updates?
    How often does the PS4 software get upgraded?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    For all those new to PlayStation feel free to add me as friend for online gaming, etc... My PSN ID is the same as my user name here.

I'm not desperate for friends. Honest!
    What games do you play? Pistonheads has a very active games forum with clans for a lot of games, I play bf4 with them. My PSN ID is matt-don. Be warned though, it can be a bit juvenile! ;)

Master
    I used to be into PS3 gaming so much. I've lost my touch since, but have been playing Metro Redux (these were on the PS3 but I never played them) and it's pretty damn awesome and free on PS+ this month. I highly recommend PS+ to anyone.

I've just picked up Shadow of Mordor for £22 from CEX so will give that a blast over the holidays. My next plan is to get either COD: AW or Destiny and get back into multiplayer. I used to rank quite high on COD4 but have really lost my touch in the last few years :( I just don't have the time any more and we only have 1 TV in the house, which is kind of a good thing IMO.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post

Started to play the last of us but did not give it much time might be worth another go from what people have said on here
    Give it another go. Apart from Shenmue, I'd rate TLOU as the best single player game I've experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt London View Post
    What games do you play? Pistonheads has a very active games forum with clans for a lot of games, I play bf4 with them. My PSN ID is matt-don. Be warned though, it can be a bit juvenile! ;)
    I've added you now. Feel free to check out my trophy list. I don't really have a favourite genre, as long as the game is good I'll play it. I'm happy to join any clan, etc... if there are common games.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    As a newcomer to PS4, do games get many updates?
    How often does the PS4 software get upgraded?
    Yes to both questions. But as long as you've got PlayStataion Plus and have auto updates switched on under the settings it won't effect you. It'll download updates while in standby, meaning you won't have to wait for a new patch to download when you want to play.