closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Game, Set and Match ........ and I lost!

Master

Game, Set and Match ........ and I lost!

I had a week off and thought I will do some last minute shopping on line. I decide to treat myself to a little something but no such luck!

I was upstairs this morning when the doorbell went. The Mrs is always at the door before I get there.
    "It better NOT be a watch"
    "It is a present"
    "For me?"
    I then had a coughing fit after the coffee went down the wrong way.
    "Yes"
    "Can I see it?"
    At that point I could feel the world closing in on me. Then came the point of no return when she tears into the package.
    "It is lovely"
    "I will wrap it up and put it under the tree"

All I got for Christmas is this lousy picture! It is now under the tree with her name on it!!

Oops!

Brilliant

😄😄. You can always 'borrow' it .

Great story, you can wear it too and now she owes you one ;)

Great story! Remember, happy wife = happy life.

Master
    Dear God man, where's your balls?
    Open goal there, completely missed......"Can I see it?"
    "No! You can see it on Christmas morning", should've been the reply.
    Ergo, you get to keep your watch, and can buy her something else.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Dear God man, where's your balls?
    Open goal there, completely missed......"Can I see it?"
    "No! You can see it on Christmas morning", should've been the reply.
    Ergo, you get to keep your watch, and can buy her something else.
    or have actual balls and tell her to :

a, mind her business,
    b, buy what you want for whatever reson you choose.

Craftsman
    Bad luck!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Great story! Remember, happy wife = happy life.
    +1......just roll with it and let the saga play out in her favour!

There's an old Yorkshire saying, 'keeping t' band in t'nick' (translation: keeping the band in the nick). It was derived in the days of the woollen mills, when machines were driven by large drive belts running in pulleys. Sometimes the drive bands jumped out of the grove in the pulley and everything stopped/went wrong; keeping the belt aligned correctly was known as 'keeping't band in t'nick'. This became a popular analogy for keeping everything running smoothly and maintaining harmony. Biting your tongue, not objecting, not disagreeing......it's all part of 'keeping t' band in t'nick'. It has distinct advantages.

That's my advice on this one!

Paul

Ooops!

When your wife asks about the jumping seconds on the hour, tell her it's faulty and it has to be returned. Buy your wife a cheaper model of similar size, keep this one for yourself (telling the missus you bought a cheap model for yourself so you had matching watches). Voila!

Alternatively: This model had quite a good discount in the Amazon Black Friday sale. They might do another (if you wanted to buy one, again, for yourself this time!).

I do not think you lost, yet. Wait until Christmas. Maybe your lady will return back with something nice for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NenoS View Post
    I do not think you lost, yet. Wait until Christmas. Maybe your lady will return back with something nice for you.
    You've not been married long have you...
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

There's an old Yorkshire saying, 'keeping t' band in t'nick' (translation: keeping the band in the nick). It was derived in the days of the woollen mills, when machines were driven by large drive belts running in pulleys. Sometimes the drive bands jumped out of the grove in the pulley and everything stopped/went wrong; keeping the belt aligned correctly was known as 'keeping't band in t'nick'. This became a popular analogy for keeping everything running smoothly and maintaining harmony. Biting your tongue, not objecting, not disagreeing......it's all part of 'keeping t' band in t'nick'. It has distinct advantages.

Paul
    And sound advice it is too.

Let the baby have its bottle...

Reading threads like this makes me sad. You guys make it seem like a marriage is a constant cold war full of negotiations, traps and secrets. I've been married for 11 years, and not once did my wife prevent me from doing something I wanted to do, nor I her. Usually when I buy something, she's interested to see it, but often she encourages me to treat myself even when I am reluctant as she says I work hard and should enjoy the rewards. I really hope there doesn't come a day when we are sneaking around hiding stuff from each other.

I should add: reading some of these comments makes me think many of you really don't like the people you live with. I like my wife a lot, she is my best friend and I love her. If I didn't, I wouldn't be married to her.

Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    Reading threads like this makes me sad. You guys make it seem like a marriage is a constant cold war full of negotiations, traps and secrets. I've been married for 11 years, and not once did my wife prevent me from doing something I wanted to do, nor I her. Usually when I buy something, she's interested to see it, but often she encourages me to treat myself even when I am reluctant as she says I work hard and should enjoy the rewards. I really hope there doesn't come a day when we are sneaking around hiding stuff from each other.

I should add: reading some of these comments makes me think many of you really don't like the people you live with. I like my wife a lot, she is my best friend and I love her. If I didn't, I wouldn't be married to her.
    Sniffle, sniffle!

Master
    I'm not convinced 'having balls' equals being rude or dismissive to your wife if she asks you a question. Quite the opposite IMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    You've not been married long have you...
    30 years

Master
    Truthfully I don't really mind but what I don't understand is how a watch on her wrist can have such accelerated wear and tear!
    A watch on her wrist after 6 months is equivalent to 5 years on mine and this is true.
    I have a SD that I have worn on holidays and been in the sea with, so I didn't think much of it when she wanted to try it out. After 6 months I took it back in a much sorrier state and in need of a polish!

Is it just me being a bad husband?

Craftsman
    You should have involved the wife when you were doing the online shopping and bought one for her and one for you, you insensitive git! :D

I'm assuming this thread is tongue-in-cheek or do some of you guys actually have a relationship where you earn money but can't spend it on what you want (within reason)?

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

Paul
    We have loads of sayings in Gods own Country don't we Paul.

But for the original post. Either run with it or get to the door quicker :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I'm assuming this thread is tongue-in-cheek or do some of you guys actually have a relationship where you earn money but can't spend it on what you want (within reason)?
    You know women earn money too these days, right? As joint breadwinners in the not-that-lucrative field of Higher Education, with 2 kids to support, both me and the wife tend to check in with each other in advance of major unnecessary purchases, since it's usually coming out of the holiday fund!

You never know your luck - there might be a GS waiting for you under the tree.