closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strapped for cash

Strapped for cash

Seeing and hearing about all these festive watch purchases made me a little envious

In fear of going out and spending money i didn't have on an impulse watch purchase i decided to try a few new straps and they arrived this morning (great service from weston as normal)

Hopefully the new look will scratch the itch (temporarily) at a total cost of £38

What do you think? (Please excuse pics)

Last edited by Montybaber; 20th December 2014 at 13:29.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looking good, particularly the watch on the right, an Orient? Looks rather like an Aqua Terra

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    Looking good, particularly the watch on the right, an Orient? Looks rather like an Aqua Terra
    A humble bambino on a 'no name' strap, its a 22mm squeezed into the 21mm lugs

The Seiko certainly looks good. Now go buy a new watch!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    The Seiko certainly looks good. Now go buy a new watch!
    Which one? Lol

It will obviously happen but you have to try ;)

Just to say that i have been wearing the hadley roma oil tanned on my sarb for a couple of hours and the quality is very good, in fact it is not far off the hirsch straps i normally go for.

The rubber strap on the big prospex means i will wear it so much more, as much as i love everything about it on the bracelet it is a bit heavy to wear everyday (i may look for a better quality rubber for it)

The bambino strap was a punt and i think it looks great, the quality is not bad and the colour suits the watxh very well in my opinion

Money well spent i think

Craftsman
    They look good. I've imposed a no buying watches rule for the time being. Straps are a good way of mixing it up a bit.

Way to spend 38 notes. Even the Seiko in the centre which IMHO suits a bracelet best looks good so congratulations on all your choices.

I think you're spot on with regard to strap changing - it can be like wearing a new watch and I do that all the time. (FWIW, I don't/won't have any incomings whatsoever, nor do I have anything in the watch fund!)

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    Way to spend 38 notes. Even the Seiko in the centre which IMHO suits a bracelet best looks good so congratulations on all your choices.
    Thankyou, the prospex is great on its bracelet and its great quality but it is very heavy so its nice to have an option (was about £8 i think)

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I think you're spot on with regard to strap changing - it can be like wearing a new watch and I do that all the time. (FWIW, I don't/won't have any incomings whatsoever, nor do I have anything in the watch fund!)
    Even trying a different strap combination and rotating is like having a new watch, gives me chance to wait until the watch i really want comes along

Apprentice
    The Seiko looks great like that. Never sure on straps sometimes but those could convince me otherwise.

Apprentice
    I've been building up a collection of straps for the same reason! I really the white-dialled seiko and the orient.

Thrilled with this combo