closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: G-Shock Heaven

G-Shock Heaven

I seem to have amassed a mini-collection of G's, albeit unintentionally. The two I had were joined yesterday by the stealth 5610 that was (and still is) being offered at half the list price via the heads-up on another thread; it's rather nice actually, and having never worn a G on the composite bracelet I have to admit that it's very comfortable.

The 5610 joins the "King of G's" GW-5000, with it's steel case and screw back; and the 15 year old G-2000, which is the only model who's number signifies the sole year of production. (Unfortunately I inadvertently changed the date on that one before I took the shot below, and as it's not atomic it's also a few seconds out time-wise).

A nice trio, actually, not that i actually need three G-Shocks
    Last edited by learningtofly; 21st December 2014 at 15:47.

Tony, you might not NEED a trio of Gs but WANTING them is another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    Tony, you might not NEED a trio of Gs but WANTING them is another matter entirely.
    Good point!

Can you turn the lights on so we can see them properly? ;-)

Love the inverted lcd. Most nifty.

ETA - Or......I could turn the brightness up on my iPhone. That worked a treat. Great pics!
    Last edited by mr noble; 20th December 2014 at 11:42.

Can never have too many G's lying about.

Malc

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Can you turn the lights on so we can see them properly? ;-)

Love the inverted lcd. Most nifty.

ETA - Or......I could turn the brightness up on my iPhone. That worked a treat. Great pics!
    Hah! Wingnuts was right all along

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm68 View Post
    Can never have too many G's lying about.

Malc
    Indeed!

Master
    Thanks for the photos and the composite bracelet makes all the difference.

Journeyman
    you still use Scart?

:)

nice 5610 , very tempted by one, already have 2x 6900 atomics and 1x 5600 atomic

Quote Originally Posted by bigup View Post
    you still use Scart?

:)

nice 5610 , very tempted by one, already have 2x 6900 atomics and 1x 5600 atomic
    I've actually got about half a dozen scart leads that were so ridculously expensive that I can't bring myself to throw them out

Great watches, I own a fair few G-Shocks and wear them in work, where a nicer watch would gain to many battle scars. I have had a M5600BC Stealth for many years that came on a Composite Bracelet, but I changed it for a resin strap straight away. I put the Composite Bracelet away and never gave it another thought about trying it.

This week this arrived,

It came on a Composite Bracelet, I have no strap to fit, so I wore it on the bracelet.

I was surprised, It is amazingly comfortable on the wrist, so I may try the Composite Bracelet on the M5600BC.

This is my first completely Analogue G-Shock, it is very nice and I picked it up New at 60% off RRP, so good value.

Blog Entries
    I'm hoping Santa will bring me this... I like it's simplicity... g's can look a little gaudy at times....

Master
    Bought my first G-Shock in the late '90s from Sogo at Piccadilly Circus. Sold it three years ago to the lady with the deceptively inexpensive blue submariner to join her fairly large collection, and do miss it sometimes. It was translucent green / turquoise, with a resin strap. Since then I've bought two, both solar / radio controlled - an analogue one with composite strap (from the Argos 'heads up' of a year or two ago) and a digital one (5600? can never remember the product designation). The latter one was bought as a sort of homage to a chunky Casio digital I had in the late '80s.

Fantastically practical watches. I keep them on a windowsill exposed to daylight (not direct sunlight) on display stands, and I've never seen either of them miss a sync, or dip below the high charge mark.

The only thing I slightly dislike about either of them is that the analogue one has red hands, which aren't that immediately readable to my middle-aged eyes. I would guess it was an unpopular variant for this reason, and that this was why they turned up on Argos' Amazon store at about 1/2 usual price (IIRC). The same watch with yellow hands is a lot nicer and more readable, and that's the version you most often see.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I've actually got about half a dozen scart leads that were so ridculously expensive that I can't bring myself to throw them out
    Snap. It's gutting to think that a £4 HDMI cable from Tesco has made all of them obsolete.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Snap. It's gutting to think that a £4 HDMI cable from Tesco has made all of them obsolete.
    £4? try £1 HDMI leads lol

Master
    Thanks for the tip, haven't been in Poundshop for a while!

Master
    Blog Entries
    A lovely looking trio. For the future, I'm tempted by both the negative display and the composite bracelet

ATB

Jon

The composite bracelet is excellent, I've always been tempted with the idea of getting hold of a GW-5000 and fitting one to it.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

I'm sure that like me you will always have one in the collection now, I recently purchased this 'high end' metal G-Shock which has saphire crystal and it's become my daily wear, I actually love the quality of the brushed and polished finishing to the case - the only downside is I do find myself pampering it like a high end watch which of course defeats the object somewhat.....

Stock pic
    Last edited by shalako; 21st December 2014 at 15:29.

Nice set Tony. Had the same 5610, very comfortable. Sold it as I had trouble reading the time indoors. Outside was fine. Did make for a stealthy super look though.

Looks great, Tony. Mine arrived yesterday, so I'm wearing one of them on the composite. I think I prefer my blue and red 5610 - but it's very nice. I might have to track down the screw down case back models of each though.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Original is often the best - seems to be the case here too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    The composite bracelet is excellent, I've always been tempted with the idea of getting hold of a GW-5000 and fitting one to it.
    I tried that but it didn't seem quite right, as the composite added more bulk to the head, spoiling the lines. Given the excellence of the native rubbery strap, I kept that on the GW-5000 but the composite works a treat on my GW-6900.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I'm sure that like me you will always have one in the collection now, I recently purchased this 'high end' metal G-Shock which has saphire crystal and it's become my daily wear, I actually love the quality of the brushed and polished finishing to the case - the only downside is I do find myself pampering it like a high end watch which of course defeats the object somewhat.....

Stock pic

That is the smartest G shock I've ever seen

Great watches
    A gw 5000 has been my daily wearer for years now. Taken knock after knock
    Feels so comfy