closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TZ Golf Day 2015

Blog Entries

TZ Golf Day 2015

I was wondering earlier whether or not there are many golfers on here, and if there are whether there would be an interest in a Golf day at some point next spring, even if not regular golfers It would be a fun day out with lunch and some watch chat etc. I'm more than happy to try and sort something out if there is some interest, get a date in the diary early and take it from there. I'm near Oxford but once people have expressed interest we can pick somewhere as central as possible.
    Mike

I'd be up for that. I'm in Derbyshire but I'm prepared to travel within reason.

Andy

Good idea Mike. I'd be up for it too

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I'd be up for that.....lots of nice courses round Oxford!

Banned
    Sounds good, it's over a year since I won any deceit silverware.

I'd certainly be interested. Frilford Heath is rather nice.

Craftsman
    I'd be up for that as well, Oxford and surrounds is good for me.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    Sounds good, it's over a year since I won any deceit silverware.
    Brag fail.

Grand Master
    I am crap but I would be up for that.
    RIAC

I know it's not central but I know the owner of a golf course in Wiltshire if you want somewhere to play.

Pretty certain I could get you some decent rates-just let me know.

FFF

I fancy some of that

Definately interested
    Travel no problem.
    Dave.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I am interested and not too far from Oxford in Warwickshire.

I have heard Friford is nice but not played it yet.

Craftsman

I'd be interested. I'm on North Staffordshire and would be happy to travel a bit.

I would be interested in that I don't play very often and am not very good so I will make everyone else look good

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm no golfer but would be interested as a caddy.
    Perhaps a little weekend away. Plenty of decent golf resorts around.

Master
    I'd be interested. On the Cheshire / staffs border so Oxford not too far to travel

Yea count me in!

Blog Entries
    Excellent! Seems like enough people are keen, I will take a look in the new year and come up with some courses and dates and see what works out best for everyone.

Put me down as interested - live in Kent, so Oxford area no problem.

Craftsman
    Depending on the date, I might come down for it and use the rest of the weekend to see some mates in London (assuming it's held on a weekend)

Any further thoughts on this?

I would be up for it (and I am in Wiltshire)

Journeyman
    If this invite is extended to infrequent posters who are also high handicappers, I'd be keen.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
    If this invite is extended to infrequent posters who are also high handicappers, I'd be keen.

Aye me too!
    What about the brabazon? just about everyone (less those who live in Scotland!) will be able to get there within 2.5hrs, it looks like a decent course and I bet if there was someone willing to take the initiative, they could negotiate an excellent rate for a party of tz-ukers :)

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Brag fail.

Haha..maybe he means he didn't actually win it? Deceived his wife with tales of winning trophies??

If this is still going ahead i know the owner of this if you're interested. Its situated just off junction 16 of the M4. Pretty certain could get a good group rate.
    It is a 9 hole course thought!
    http://www.bassetdowngolfcourse.com
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 24th January 2015 at 08:22.

Craftsman
    I stopped playing a few years ago but kept my clubs in the hope of restarting. However my partner works at the Belfry, is central to the UK so if it goes ahead and you have an idea of numbers then I can ask her to see if there are any discounts.

I'd be interested as would my dad (Tangmere), weekend might be a good idea if travelling. I've not played in about three years and am crap but would happily knock a ball around!

Hi chaps are we any nearer deciding a venue. We will need to book early if we are going to meet up in the spring.
    Thats if it ever does stop raining, still flooded out here in Essex

I'd be very interested in this as I'm only in Cirencester.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I could be interested in this as I work in Oxfordshire mon-fri... I stay about 5 mins from Frilford Heath GC as it happens!!

As an aside to the thread, if there's anyone out there who ever fancies a round then give me a shout. I moved to cirencester 4 months ago and commute to oxford for work. I'm billy no mates as I'm originally from cheshire. I've been looking for a club/ playing partner in the area for a while with no luck.

Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Hi chaps are we any nearer deciding a venue. We will need to book early if we are going to meet up in the spring.
    Oxfordshire (the county not necessarily the course) seems popular with a lot of members so I'd be up for that myself.

2 fore 1 vouchers might be worth looking into. They're only a couple of quid a ticket and there will be courses that will do Saturday's I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Aye me too!
    What about the brabazon? just about everyone (less those who live in Scotland!) will be able to get there within 2.5hrs, it looks like a decent course and I bet if there was someone willing to take the initiative, they could negotiate an excellent rate for a party of tz-ukers :)
    Sounds good

You'd need to get a deal for the Brabazon. Standard green fee is over £150 and suffers badly in the winter

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post

Gullane no2 is always nice and dry, this years Scottish Open will be played at Gullane this year.
    £38 per round up until the end of March.

Brilliant course Gullane 2.
    How about people getting a date agreed and then seeing who's coming from where and pick a venue within reasonable travel for all?

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    How about people getting a date agreed and then seeing who's coming from where and pick a venue within reasonable travel for all?
    Seems like a plan!

Pick a month first and then narrow it down to a day? I would also suggest this needs to be at least a couple of months ahead in order to get it booked in.

I am always up for a game. The Belfry is a good venue, Central, three courses, Derby, Pga and Brabazon. Brabazon is the best but quite tough and probably a bit of challenge for higher handicaps. There is also a night club on site which can be a laugh.m£139 for two rounds Derby and PGa and 1 nights b&b

Blog Entries
    Apologies for not updating this, have been mega busy at work and away.

Shall we try and come up with a group consensus for a month and then once that has been decided I will nail down a date and a few venues.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    I am always up for a game. The Belfry is a good venue, Central, three courses, Derby, Pga and Brabazon. Brabazon is the best but quite tough and probably a bit of challenge for higher handicaps. There is also a night club on site which can be a laugh.m£139 for two rounds Derby and PGa and 1 nights b&b

See, that sounds great to me, especially as we can probably negotiate a better group rate, and it means those who can stay over can have drinkies.
    Do we have a tz-uk golf captain who will be happy to organise this? OP? other esteemed members?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    See, that sounds great to me, especially as we can probably negotiate a better group rate, and it means those who can stay over can have drinkies.
    Do we have a tz-uk golf captain who will be happy to organise this? OP? other esteemed members?
    Ok let's start with that then, if some people can't make the whole weekend we can sort it so that they can come and play on sat/Sunday.

Sounds like a plan!
    Personally I get very few whole weekends off a year....I think it's 11 this year! I'll let everyone else come to a decision about the month and go from there.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    Ok let's start with that then, if some people can't make the whole weekend we can sort it so that they can come and play on sat/Sunday.

Like I said before, my partner works at the belfry...

Master
    Are you fairly local then a13x? Im in Tamworth

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    Gullane no2 is always nice and dry, this years Scottish Open will be played at Gullane this year.
    £38 per round up until the end of March.
    Played no2 about 10 years ago ,only paid about £9 around ,it was still on winter tees but it was end of March and still in good condition,then we went upto murryshall in Perth for the weekend,some cracking courses up there

Master
    I am a hacker and scuffer but I would be up for it if the dates suit

Blog Entries
    My wife has just started working at Magnolia Park which is just outside Thame. I reckon I should be able to sort us a good deal, it has the benefits of a new hotel and is just off the M40 and close to A43 so relatively central.
    To help me try and find a suitable date would it more suitable for a Saturday or Sunday? Ie meet for beers/food/watch talk on the evening before and then have breakfast and get up for an early round so it doesn't take up the whole day as I'm aware that people have pretty busy lives!