closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Eterna Kontiki - Selitta SW200

Eterna Kontiki - Selitta SW200

I really like the design of this watch and find the Eterna in general good value. I was considering getting one...until I see that instead of ETA they use the Selitta "clone". Are my doubts justified?

Blog Entries
    I don't think so...selitta is fine movement used by many other manufacturers...

I have just bought a Wempe diver with the Selita SW300. Search for it on the Selita web and you will see both the 200 and 300 are better finished than the old Selita 2824 clones.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Selitta are good movements.

Mike

Master
    Have the sellita movement in my Oris diver TTi. No problems

I have a Selitta SW200, great movement!
    I think more and more manufacturers will start using them as production of the ETA's slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Layin_Cable View Post
    I think more and more manufacturers will start using them as production of the ETA's slow down.
    I think this is correct. Selitta has been around for over 60 years and in the past were a sub-contractor for ETA. They know what they are doing.

About half way down we discussed the SW200 on the deskdivers Polluce article, maybe it will help understand it bit better:

http://www.deskdivers.com/Site/Polluce.html

Thanks

Master
    So Eterna as nothing to do with ETA anymore? I thought ETA was a branch of eterna or is that rubbish?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Eterna is owned by a Chinese firm, although still "Swiss Made". Good watches IMHO.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    So Eterna as nothing to do with ETA anymore? I thought ETA was a branch of eterna or is that rubbish?
    IIRC, Eterna was one of the founders who started ETA back then, so there indeed is a connection, but that was long ago. Nothing wrong with Selitta movement BTW.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    ETernA – that's where the name stemmed from, but as mentioned, the brand and the movement manufacturer have long since ceased to be related.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    ETernA – that's where the name stemmed from, but as mentioned, the brand and the movement manufacturer have long since ceased to be related.
    Like practically everything in the watch world, then :)

It was once a source of the mildest kind of amusement that recent Eterna watches were powered by what was once an in-house movement, at least for those who become excited by such things. Similarly it's a little bit ironic they're now fitting Sellitas because they can't source Eterna-designed movements. I guess acknowledging their origins is a bit beneath the modern-day SwatchCo!
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

I have several SW200s and they've not been one jot of trouble and I have found the timekeeping of them to be brilliant.

+1 for Sellita movements - I have one in an Aquis SS and I went through the same thought process prior to buying.

Solid and consistent time keeper in my experience, so I wouldn't hesitate to get another.