closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help needed from a ceramic sub owner

Hope , it works out.
    Quite refreshing to see everyone willing to help out the OP in contrast to the sniping in some other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by toastie View Post
    yep your right it is definitely the correct part now i just need to find one lol thanks for your help mate greatly appreciate you taking the time

No worries fella sorry I couldn't be of anymore help

Master
    If they're £2.47 each, and your AD can only get a bag of 5, why not just buy a bag of 5 yourself via the AD? It's hardly breaking the bank is it, plus you can flog the rest here or on eBay if need be.

Or am I missing something?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    If they're £2.47 each, and your AD can only get a bag of 5, why not just buy a bag of 5 yourself via the AD? It's hardly breaking the bank is it, plus you can flog the rest here or on eBay if need be.

Or am I missing something?
    I'm happy with that but not sure my AD is as accommodating !!

Master
    That's a bit naff! I'd call a few ADs and see if they have any stock they can post out to you, surely one of them out there will help out???

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    That's a bit naff! I'd call a few ADs and see if they have any stock they can post out to you, surely one of them out there will help out???
    I have been recommended some numbers to call tomorrow but I'm guessing that AD's are supposed to adhere to the same guide lines as set out by Rolex

I have been recommended some numbers to call tomorrow but I'm guessing that AD's are supposed to adhere to the same guide lines as set out by Rolex
    I'm sure you're way ahead of me on this, but I'd be ringing Genisis or watchworks, the former is definately a forum fav, and the later is one many of us have had excellent service from (I can personally vouch for WW, a few times over)

Master
    It's on the list of people to call thanks mate

Think you're over thinking this a bit. Take your watch to any AD and they should either fix it for you on the spot or send it away. If it's still in warranty this should be free, otherwise they will charge you a reasonable fee (reasonable for Rolex, that is).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Think you're over thinking this a bit. Take your watch to any AD and they should either fix it for you on the spot or send it away. If it's still in warranty this should be free, otherwise they will charge you a reasonable fee (reasonable for Rolex, that is).

I really wish it was that simple, I've spoken to my local AD on the phone mainly as i can't get there, they are the most unhelpful people i have ever had the displeasure to attempt to deal with. I have exhausted all other avenues and every single one results in me needing to post the watch to them to have the screw fitted which to me is not acceptable.
    It is the most ridiculous situation that its this hard to buy a sub £3 screw for goodness sake
    I guess it goes back in the safe until i go to london one day and can pop and get it fixed.

After talking to duncan at genesis It sounds like it will be even harder to get parts from rolex for their sports models next year.

I really wish it was that simple, I've spoken to my local AD on the phone mainly as i can't get there, they are the most unhelpful people i have ever had the displeasure to attempt to deal with. I have exhausted all other avenues and every single one results in me needing to post the watch to them to have the screw fitted which to me is not acceptable.
    It is the most ridiculous situation that its this hard to buy a sub £3 screw for goodness sake
    I guess it goes back in the safe until i go to london one day and can pop and get it fixed.

After talking to duncan at genesis It sounds like it will be even harder to get parts from rolex for their sports models next year.
    So what did Duncan say? And was it the same as what Rocco or Mike said?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    So what did Duncan say? And was it the same as what Rocco or Mike said?
    Duncan was very helpful but unfortunately his hands are tied by the same rules as all the other AD's and accredited watchmakers and he cannot just supply me with a screw.

My understanding is.
    If he could still source them in the new year they come in bags of 5, i would have to buy all 5, he can only supply me with 1 as he can only supply what he fits, i would have to post it to him ( he was willing to take just the bracelet though and not the whole watch unlike most AD's ) and he has a minimum job charge of £40 plus vat Plus post which makes for the most expensive screw I've ever heard of. It would be cheaper to book an advanced return train ticket and go to ST James

This is the same story for pretty much ever AD i have called and i have called a few non local ones just to see if i could find a helpful one who had 4 in a drawer!

I have no idea what happens to the other 4 screws and i can only assume no AD has ever fitted one before or they would have 4 spare ones sitting in a drawer somewhere but all of them would need the watch and serial number before they would even be able to order the part in for me

Master
    What a bloody disgrace!

Duncan was very helpful but unfortunately his hands are tied by the same rules as all the other AD's and accredited watchmakers and he cannot just supply me with a screw.

My understanding is.
    If he could still source them in the new year they come in bags of 5, i would have to buy all 5, he can only supply me with 1 as he can only supply what he fits, i would have to post it to him ( he was willing to take just the bracelet though and not the whole watch unlike most AD's ) and he has a minimum job charge of £40 plus vat Plus post which makes for the most expensive screw I've ever heard of. It would be cheaper to book an advanced return train ticket and go to ST James

This is the same story for pretty much ever AD i have called and i have called a few non local ones just to see if i could find a helpful one who had 4 in a drawer!

I have no idea what happens to the other 4 screws and i can only assume no AD has ever fitted one before or they would have 4 spare ones sitting in a drawer somewhere but all of them would need the watch and serial number before they would even be able to order the part in for me
    Maybe it's worth the trip to St James... On one of my visits I got a new screw out of them (FOC) simply because I'd mullered the head of the original trying to remove it with the wrong shape screw driver.

Rolex rules are deeply frustrating and they could try harder, but once they buzz you through that glass door you're generally in good hands!

I think you've managed to lose the rarest screw btw, not sure that anyone would ever remove that screw even to add/subtract a link!

Master
    I bought it secondhand and I assume someone else did. I have removed a link just not that one but I'm still guilty of not using loctite on the ones I have removed.

I bought it secondhand and I assume someone else did. I have removed a link just not that one but I'm still guilty of not using loctite on the ones I have removed.
    The screw I mullered, I mullered because the AD had used to much loctite, I ended up taking off the whole bracelet, soaking it in boiling water, then ramming the largest screw driver I could find in there.