closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Disappointed after being so hopeful, black bay on leather...

Master

Disappointed after being so hopeful, black bay on leather...

Having had my Pelagos for a year now & seeing the black bay advertising and pics on the web i thought the blue black bay on leather would be my next piece and had pretty much decided this was the case.
    I passed a few opportunities to see in the 'flesh' thinking i'd just get one regardless when on holiday in the emirates.

I dont need/want another bracelet watch and thought the distressed leather & black bay combo would be perfect.

I was very disappointed when i finally tried it on, to me the leather strap was way inferior and too thin & also ill fitting to compliment the black bay,

Any thought from owners? And possible alternate straps to the original

Cheers

Ian

Craftsman
    I spent some time in a Tudor AD at the weekend and tried a few on over a Latte! I know what you mean, the bracelets were very high quality but the straps just felt cheap and thought there are many non oem straps that would be much better...

Interestingly I wasn't that impressed by the quality of the strap on a JLC chrono I tried on in comparison with some of the omega and breitling straps I've had...

Maybe I just prefer them to be chunkier and padded

Craftsman
    I'm starting to look at the black bay more and more now

Craftsman
    I'm surprised. Did you tell the AD? Be interested to get their take!

I think buying it on the bracelet and finding a suitable leather strap afterwards is a good option

Master
    When I used to have my blue Black Bay I used to love it on a distressed grey leather strap from Watch Obsession. I highly recommend it.

http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/prod...tch-strap-grey
    Last edited by Binsull; 2nd December 2014 at 11:39.

I think the Black Bay Blue looks so much better on the bracelet. The OEM leather doesn't seem to do it any favours and I was disappointed when I went to look at it. The BB Red however, looks great on its distressed leather strap.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    I think buying it on the bracelet and finding a suitable leather strap afterwards is a good option
    Don't forget the mandatory 'strap changing marks'.

I've heard a lot of people saying that the leather is poor. The braclelet is really nice tho and IMO better looking.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete21 View Post
    I've heard a lot of people saying that the leather is poor. The braclelet is really nice tho and IMO better looking.
    Try it. The clasp is finicky and there's somehow 'a lot of bracelet' for the watch.