closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Design magazine review of the PRS-40

Design magazine review of the PRS-40

the ‘PRS-40′ was born as a concept redefining the traditional features of a tool watch in a contemporary and clean design. this later became the first collaboration between italian designer giovanni moro and the english historic brand smiths, now run by eddie platts.
    http://www.designboom.com/design/gio...ch-11-28-2014/

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

Future classic.

Nice write up and pictures, I'm wearing mine today and supremely comfortable.

Master
    I subscribe to this newsletter and it just came through on email. Great article and good exposure for Eddie, It's a well respected website.
    Last edited by StuS; 29th November 2014 at 10:23.

Master
    Excellent article and really good photos - and a great watch :-)

Wearing mine now, doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything as it fits so well. The new natos are excellent, extremely comfortable and long enough to tuck in. Only problem I have is my daughter has taken a bit of a shine to it!

Quote Originally Posted by StuS View Post
    I subscribe to this newsletter and it just came through on email. Great article and good exposure for Eddie, It's a well respected website.
    It's the first time I've seen this kind of thing on there, to be honest. Appears that *anyone* can submit an article to that part of the website - in this case - the designer. Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but let's not kid ourselves that it's a review, nor is it a DesignBoom article. Having said that, it's got at least 38 Tweets and almost 25 Pins, so it's getting some decent exposure, not to mention appearing in thousands of inboxes. Seems like good advertising to me...

Thomas Reid
    Well done, Eddie!

Best wishes,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    It's the first time I've seen this kind of thing on there, to be honest. Appears that *anyone* can submit an article to that part of the website - in this case - the designer. Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but let's not kid ourselves that it's a review, nor is it a DesignBoom article. Having said that, it's got at least 38 Tweets and almost 25 Pins, so it's getting some decent exposure, not to mention appearing in thousands of inboxes. Seems like good advertising to me...
    Yes, I didn't realise it was "self publishing" when I first saw it but if you Google "Smiths PRS-40" now, the first couple of pages are full of references to that article and the article itself is at the top of the search results.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Yes, I didn't realise it was "self publishing" when I first saw it but if you Google "Smiths PRS-40" now, the first couple of pages are full of references to that article and the article itself is at the top of the search results.

Eddie
    I'm amazed more people haven't had the same idea.

Just say that some of the longer reviews, from the other sub-forum, complete with good photos, made it on to that DIY section... might be rather effective.