closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Xbox 360 -v- Xbox One

Xbox 360 -v- Xbox One

Really quick simple question for the collective - I have a 260, but I fancy getting a One.

I don't know why...

I'm seeking opinion and (if possible) sane reasons for either jumping or staying put on either platform?

I mainly play driving and FPS games - GT, COD, that sort of thing

Master
    The only thing in favour of the One at the moment is they have shifted all new game manufacture to that console.

Obviously the x-box One has all the multi-media bumf, but if all you use it for is gaming the graphics and gameplay are almost the same between the two. One runs at 1080hp while 360 is almost all 720p, but you'll only notice the difference on a really big Telly (I'm relegated to the 28" TV in the spare room for gaming, trust me, it makes no difference).

If there is a new 'must have' game out for the One, then you'll have to upgrade to play it.
    I've put it off simply because there is a massive back-catalogue of games for the 360 which I've never even touched and they can be had for peanuts at the moment.

When Fallout 4 gets a release date I'm selling a watch and heading straight into Game!

Journeyman
    If you enjoy fps there is there is GTA V in fps mode for current gen consoles which is great fun. Loads of deals going around atm as well. The console is almost half the price as it was at release. But at the same time if your not a big gamer and don't care about new releases then there is a huge backlog of games from the 360 you can choose from.

If you're into racers Forza 5 is stunning and am looking forward to seeing a better looking GTA V.

I don't play much, but find that, graphics aside, it's a pretty horrible machine. It's forever updating bits and pieces which is annoying when you just want to hop on for a quick play - and makes me acutely aware it's a Microsoft product when it hangs and reboots (eg midway through playing a match in fifa this week it decided it needed a 250mb update and just booted me back to the dashboard)

Worth it for the graphics, rumble triggers are nice for racing too, but I'd wait until there's a must have game

I preferred the Xbox 360 to the PS3 but with the new consoles I sold the Xbox one two days after purchase but I'm keeping the Ps4.
    Xbox one compared to the Ps4 is a really large ugly machine & obviously not as powerful which will really show in the near future on games made from scratch for the new machines.

Is the PS4 an option Richard?

Like others have said, for the immediate term (12 months or so) most games that are due on the One will come out on the 360, so perhpas not worth buying now unless there is a must have game you have in mind.

If you bought a PS4, you'll have the next gen box ticked and then have access to exclusives from both Sony and Microsoft.

If you're not sure about the PS4, I'm happy to pop over with mine and give you a demo.

When prices come down I will jump ship to PS4 from Xbox 360.

Master
    Waiting for Halo5 till then its Skyrim for me on the 360 although an oculus rift and elite dangerous are coming soon.

Hmmm.... Hadn't considered ps4. They won't run older ps games, will they?

Typical, come on here wanting somebody to take responsibility for all the decisions in my life, and end up having even more doubt and confusion :)

Quote Originally Posted by dickbrowne View Post
    Hmmm.... Hadn't considered ps4. They won't run older ps games, will they
    Correct. It's not backwards compatible, but neither is the Xbox One.

Craftsman

Ps4

Love my ps4 now Sony have released 3d bluray on it. The controllers are much better than on the ps3 now. Still want a xbone for Forza 5....but happy to wait until after Xmas for them to drop in price.

However, already thinking about a hard drive upgrade 500 gb doesn't seem big enough 1 to 2 tb should be fine :)

Ah well, it's done. I was persuaded by young Moo that I had to get the One. So that's what we have.

To be honest, I couldn't put a fag paper between the platforms as far as my needs go, so despite all the advice here (for which I thank you) the decision was ultimately made on other criteria, it was almost a democracy as everyone at home had a say in the final purchase.

Right. See you all on Monday. I'm off gaming :)

Well done on your choice, I have had a xbox one since launch and I am in the development update programme, the console has got better since launch with updates, but only now are the games are getting better for it.

The costs are coming down for the console and it supports a external storage so you can add 2 TB easily.

I only bought mine for Forza 5, however since I really rate Forza horizon 2 which is really fun, titanfall is amazing, destiny is good and just bought GTA5 although I had it on the 360, it is a improved experience.

My kids still play the 360 but the oldest plays more with the xbox one.

Some of his friends have a PS4, so we did discuss the idea of getting him one, but he said some of them are getting a Xboxone for Christmas, so he said no.

I would get them a PS4 if they would use it, but starting to look at a Wii U now as we have a Wii the kids love, but there are some amazing games out now for that system.

I am lucky if I find the time to play games a couple of hours a week and the kids playing time is limited as a reward or they would sit on it all the time. So they have to other use full and fun things that are now computer related.