closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tudor Pelagos

Master
    Great pictures, great write up, great watch. Had mine for almost two years. Bracelet is a bit scratched but like you say, it's meant to be worn.

Apprentice
    Enjoyed your review Robbie. I wore a Rolex submariner for many, many years, and some time ago I gave it to my son. I really missed it, but couldn't justify the cost of replacing it. Then I saw the Pelagos...... I've had mine for 7 months now, and I love it. For the the first few months I wore it on the bracelet, which is great, then switched to the the rubber strap, which I also like very much. Recently I've been trying other straps. Your picture on the Timefactors new grey NATO looks great, but I really prefer Zulu to NATO. Have you come across any suppliers of Zulu in the same grey colour (Admiralty Grey?) as Eddie's NATO? For me this would be the perfect strap, especially with bead-blasted hardware.
    How's your accuracy? Mine started out at +7/8 seconds per day, but has now settled at +4 secs in constant wear. (If I leave it off overnight, dial up, it improves to + 2 secs).

Cheers folks again!

rikfr, I'm not sure who else would do TZ-UK style nylon but with Zulu hardware. I searched various sources a while back but in the end went with non Zulu. Perhaps Eddie could branch out? :D

Mine was about 8 seconds ahead when I first got it but it's settling down to 6 at present depending on wear ratio and how it's placed. My Longines was the same but after almost 2 years went down to and stayed put at +2 seconds a day. Same movement so I imagine the Pelagos will follow the same path.

I admire the small details on this watch it looks extremely well put together..
    Great write up and fabulous pictures, the watch looks amazing. Enjoy owning and wearing it daily.!

Craftsman
    Thanks for posting - I enjoyed reading that.

Cheers again (again!) and it's great to see so many who appreciate an all out tool diver like this! May this and the Black Bays mark an iconic modern-period for Tudor :)

Journeyman
    Great post

Great spot on the shield and rook design details on the strap and clasp, I tried one on just before Christmas and didn't even notice! Nice design touch from Tudor there.

It wasn't me who spotted them initially, I saw it mentioned elsewhere but couldn't find any annotated photos so decided to shoot my own :P

Journeyman

Thank-you for excellent pics + detailed personal comments

It's a fabulous watch in its class, this Pelagos!

Master
    Blog Entries
    A fascinating read and very good pics. Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to reading about your next purchase.

Jim

That's at least a few (if not several!) years away lol. I really don't think I will be getting a new watch to replace this but perhaps adding a watch in time and only then a dress watch. For leisure and business this Pelagos does everything right for me.

Happy to photograph and review watches that are sent to me of course, and maybe build a foundation out of it, perhaps!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Its certainly grabbed the attention of many here Robbie. well done!

cheers

jim

Journeyman
    Excellent review, and that is a lovely watch that I am sure you will enjoy for years to come.

Master
    Great photos, keep coming back to the Pelagos, I guess it's just a matter of time. Sorry if I have missed it but what pads do you use for taking out any scratches?

I love my Pelagos. I really didn't want a new sub - just something feels too generic about them to me right now. But the Pelagos is great. Just been inspired by this thread to buy a fibreglass pen from eBay to clean it up!

Master
    Ok cleaning pads and fibre glass pen? Can someone please explain....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesey View Post
    Great pictures, great write up, great watch. Had mine for almost two years. Bracelet is a bit scratched but like you say, it's meant to be worn.
    Bonesey, I wonder if you could post up some pictures of your two year old Pelagos? I read Robbie's thread and have pretty much decided (obviously reserve the right to change my mind!!) that a Pelagos is the watch for me, but I would be really interested to see how the watch looks two years in. Has the titanium started to go slightly darker as I understand that is what is likely to happen, which could look fantastic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Ok cleaning pads and fibre glass pen? Can someone please explain....
    What would you like explaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnic007 View Post
    Bonesey, I wonder if you could post up some pictures of your two year old Pelagos? I read Robbie's thread and have pretty much decided (obviously reserve the right to change my mind!!) that a Pelagos is the watch for me, but I would be really interested to see how the watch looks two years in. Has the titanium started to go slightly darker as I understand that is what is likely to happen, which could look fantastic.

Thanks
    Interested also in seeing pics of an older Pelagos to know what I can expect :)

Master
    I've always had a thing for Tudor watches as I remember my dad buying one when i was very young and this was my first memory of quality timepieces. Unfortunately, in a moment of madness he gave that watch away to a friend.

I actually never knew anything about the Pelagos until recently. I was looking at a Black bay in a local dealers when a Pelagos caught my attention. They seem to be a watch that really needs to be seen in the flesh to be fully appreciated. I hope to make one a 40th present to myself in a few years.

Craftsman
    Great write up. Thanks.

Here's a "worn and wound" style shot :D

Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    I've always had a thing for Tudor watches as I remember my dad buying one when i was very young and this was my first memory of quality timepieces. Unfortunately, in a moment of madness he gave that watch away to a friend.

I actually never knew anything about the Pelagos until recently. I was looking at a Black bay in a local dealers when a Pelagos caught my attention. They seem to be a watch that really needs to be seen in the flesh to be fully appreciated. I hope to make one a 40th present to myself in a few years.
    He gave it away? Definitely madness!

But you are right, seeing one in person has a different effect to seeing online pictures :p

Master
    Yeah, I only found out that he gave it away a few weeks ago. We were discussing watches and he said he'd noticed a lot of tudor advertising recently. I asked if he still had his and he replied "no, I gave it to Colin". Now, this is where the story gets interesting.

Colin was his best friend and was a really nice guy. Colin's brother on the other hand was a prick. Sadly Colin passed away just under a year ago. During Colin's illness his brother travelled up from London and stayed at his house, during that time several valuable items went missing. Unfortunately this watch was one of those items. However, Karma is a bitch. About 2 months ago the brothers house was burgled and guess what they took?

Damn, sorry to hear about Colin

That watch has some serious history to it now and someone has it without knowing its story. Thinking about that for a moment blows my mind.

Master
    Hi Robbie, just interested to know more about what people use to keep their watches in top condition. Fibre glass pen for deep scratches and cleaning pads for slight scratches I suppose, any further info would be appreciated, including what type and where to buy, thanks.

Essentially yes that's right! I give mine a bi weekly wipe down with a microfibre cloth or small electric razer brush anyway just to keep dirt/dust away from the link crevices and underside etc. Stays in good condition :)

Nice write up. Thanks.

Journeyman
    Great write up there. I've had my Pelagos for over a year now and absolutley love it.

I worried it was just slightly too thick initially but that soon passed. I wear mine for everything from desk diving to gardening and swimming and it looks great still. Feels such fine quality compared to other similar value watches I've had. A definite keeper.

Ah glad to hear it and thanks again folks!

My clasp has acquired a really fine hairline scratch that's deep and won't scotch pen out. It's only visible from certain lighting angles. A battle scar :D

I have various Nato straps and stuff but lately I've been using the bracelet more and more. There's something about it that is just "right".

Master
    I appreciate a leather strap on a diver is a bit of a no no for some but I'm currently doing a spot of desk diving with mine on a Hirsch Buffalo...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiekhan View Post
    Ah glad to hear it and thanks again folks!

My clasp has acquired a really fine hairline scratch that's deep and won't scotch pen out. It's only visible from certain lighting angles. A battle scar :D

I have various Nato straps and stuff but lately I've been using the bracelet more and more. There's something about it that is just "right".
    The clasp is stainless I think, rather than Ti - probably needs a bit more work to get a scratch out.

It''s a combi of Steelinox and Ti but I've gotten scratches off it before, this one is deep though man, deep!

Nice write up.
    I am a big fan of mine

I love the purity of the design, the fact that they didn't add any adornment.

It is a rare thing in this day and age, and I applaud the restraint they showed.

Dave

Good pic! Just shows how nicely balanced the dial is whatever the ambient condition :)

Master
    Cracking review and a lovely (and nicely different) watch.

I tried one on when they relaunched in the UK and its been on my want list ever since.

Thank you :)

I have a hand made dark brown "aged" leather Nato on its way, stand by for pics when it comes :D

Master
    Awesome Photos and a lovely watch. Cant decide between this and a Heritage Chrono

Good pic! Just shows how nicely balanced the dial is whatever the ambient condition :)
    The dial is not the only thing been nicely balanced... I was shocked how lightweight it is on the wrist...I have to get one some time..

Yup the Titanium does add a lot of surprises to the weight and overall look and feel of the watch. I can't help but think it wouldn't be the same if it was just SS :p

It's that duller silver colour, the warmth when against the skin and the weird 'precise' roughness, if that makes sense.

Yes, absolutely... The only thing is that on the other side you have a thick watch on the wrist without feeling it... Pros and cons...😜

It is beautiful, and though I'm not normally a fan of Ti watches, I have tried this one on and loved it. To my mind, the greatest Tudor of all time (so far, I mean).

Blog Entries
    Great review had never considered Tudor as a brand before. As a relative newcomer who has only tried a PO and various Seiko's its really helpful to read about what you guys have.
    Ian

Was in the same boat as you then! I knew nothing of Tudor until someone on another forum pointed this model out and I just had to see one in person :p

Today the leather band arrived. I like it!

Master
    Where did you get the strap?

Master
    Thanks. Looks great

Journeyman
    Great write up, thanks!

Journeyman
    Thanks for the great post!

This piece is really growing on me as it thought i preferred the black bay originally but changing my mind now!

- - - Updated - - -

Was in the same boat as you then! I knew nothing of Tudor until someone on another forum pointed this model out and I just had to see one in person :p

Today the leather band arrived. I like it!

Great band choice.

Looks like buyers looking at a Pelagos are in for a treat!

Tudor have their new in-house movement and are re-releasing the Pelagos with it.

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/the-new...house-movement

The great thing? Only a small cost increase!

I don't intend on getting one to upgrade but the blue, the more I look at it the more I'm drawn in.

Thanks for posting this, I love it.

Looks like buyers looking at a Pelagos are in for a treat!

Tudor have their new in-house movement and are re-releasing the Pelagos with it.

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/the-new...house-movement

The great thing? Only a small cost increase!

I don't intend on getting one to upgrade but the blue, the more I look at it the more I'm drawn in.