closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ipad optimise

Ipad optimise

After all the recent updates and problems, I like probably many others played with many things to try and improve performance, The latest update does seem to have improved things, However I wonder what is the easiest way to re set back to basics without doing factory re set, I am loath to start messing with ITunes and back ups, Is there a list to go through for basic optimise, I am still having a few problems, Paricular Ebay?? It keeps sticking and closing on me! this is in either browser or app, I know the site is utter crap but surely it should work. Anyone else with Ebay probs, been like this a good month or so.
    Thanks in advance
    Sorry Ipad 2

Master
    Forgive me, but what do you mean loathe to messing with iTunes and backups?
    There's no rocket science involved – hell you can even do a manual backup, then reset the iPad from within General Settings, and then Restore from the backup.
    It's all automated, more or less, so there's next to sod all to actually do!

If it's just eBay that's the problem, then delete it and re-download from the App Store.

Master
    The main thing I find messes it up is ItunesMatch. Always seem to end up with a big chunk of your memory as 'Other' that you cant find or even delete.If you then try to restore from a backup it just re-appears and I end up having to do a full reset. PITA.
    Not had a problem with ebay but as already said just delete the app and re-install.

Given my oft-spoken dislike of Apple as a company I've been actively considering an Air 2, but nothing I read, here or on other forums, indicates that iTunes is anything other than a PITA, inflexible and unhelpful. I can bend my Android tablet, now getting on a bit, to do what I want (slower than modern ones admittedly).

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Given my oft-spoken dislike of Apple as a company I've been actively considering an Air 2, but nothing I read, here or on other forums, indicates that iTunes is anything other than a PITA, inflexible and unhelpful. I can bend my Android tablet, now getting on a bit, to do what I want (slower than modern ones admittedly).
    You need a Mac iTunes works fine on OS X ;)

“It's like giving a glass of ice water to somebody in hell" -- Steve Jobs talking about iTunes on Windows computers

^
    Not a chance. What would I play World of Tanks on?

Just updated my iPad 2, very fast now to what it was:-)

Rod

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I have a couple of 7" Barnes and Noble Nook HDs I got from Morgan Computers for £40 each. I wanted to get a larger tablet to set up as a work related reading device for articles and PDFs. The 7" ones are just a bit too small for that, although I prefer them for novels. So, I just received a Nook HD+, a 9" version, also bought from Morgan.[1] It isn't all that powerful, but good enough, and the display is really pretty nice (1920 x 1280, 256ppi). It is a device with official Cyanogenmod support, which is one of the reasons I went for it. Being very happy with the smaller HDs, especially when running Cyanogenmod, is another. The HDs and HD+ are now all running Android 4.4 (as is my Note 2 phone). I think that they will be able to run Android Lollipop when it comes to Cyanogenmod in the new year. The HD+ (9" version) was £78. I'm tempted to get another.

[1] I thought seriously about getting a large (approx 9") ereader with e-ink. Unfortunately, they are expensive (approx £250), and the ones running Android are unlikely to be updated and are too locked down for my tastes. However, if I could have got a general purpose tablet with an e-ink display, which was capable of running Cyanogenmod, I would have gone for it in a flash, even at £250..

Best wishes,
    Bob

The one real disadvantage of e-ink readers like the Kindle is when it comes to poetry or other multipart works. Searching. Where on earth is The Tempest, or Titus Adronicus in that mass of text? Or Jerusalem. Or The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock?