closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which JLC reverso?

Which JLC reverso?

Hi all

A little while ago I posted a thread that I was leaning towards a more "dressier" type of watch.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ight=Subseastu

From all the useful comments I finally decided I wanted a JLC reverso duo. The question now is which one? I thought a few months away and I'd have a clearer idea. Well I think I've narrowed it down to two.

The Reverso Duo 2718410 and the Grande Reverso Ultra Thin 3788570.

From what i can see there is little between them apart from the Ultra Thin is 4.6mm longer and 1.4mm wider. Of course the faces of the watches are different. Are there the only real differences? New price the Ultra thin is £500 more which I expect is down to the larger size.

I will be buying 2nd hand.

So I'm torn between the two and I'm just looking for a few opinions, i realise the choice at the end of the day is mine.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

The other watch is the Grande reverso Ultra Thin. Pictures attached
    grande ultra thin Reverso-jlc-3788570-zoom.jpggrande ultra thin Reverso-jlc-3788570-verso-zoom.jpg

What size wrist you got?

They both 'wear' completely differently, you need to try them (and probably others) on. Reversos are very differemnt to other watches, the only case size that works on me IMHO is Grand Taille. Everything else too big/small/long or whatever.

Journeyman
    http://www.theprodigalguide.com/2010...rande-reserve/

Reverso Grande Reserve (in steel). I'm sure I'll buy one once.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    They both 'wear' completely differently, you need to try them (and probably others) on. Reversos are very differemnt to other watches ...
    +1.

Try before you buy. Reversos are in a world of their own

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    What size wrist you got?
    My wrist is approx 18cm / 7.5"

I have tried the the Reverso duo and the grande reverso duo, I've not managed the grande reverso duo ultra thin though. I think this is the same size though. They both looked good on my wrist though I must admit I was quite tired. I suppose it just a matter of which face design I like. Just wonder if anyone has any experience of these particular models.

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    My wrist is approx 18cm / 7.5"
    I had the Grand Reverso 976. It was beautiful. I tried it on a few times before committing to purchase and felt sure I had made the right choice. The reality of it was it was slightly, and only slightly too big. My wrists are 7.25" so you could/should be okay. The other thing to mention though is if you have a flat or curved wrist. mine are curved so with the bigger case it just never sat right. In hindsight I would have been better of with the Grand Taille Duoface but it was slightly out of budget.

I really wanted the Reverso to work and was sad to see it go. I found it worked well with jeans and a shirt as well. The finish was superb and I loved the guilloching detail, the blue hands (same as on ultra thin I think) and the symmetrical small second hand on the 976 more so than on other models. As they are an acquired taste they are not difficult as such to sell (should you ever want to) but the process can take longer to find another like minded discerning gentleman.

If I had the resources I would try for one again as, if you can get the fit right, there's nothing quite like them.

Gratuitous pic

I have tried the grande reverso ultra thin, a really nice piece. The black markers really stand out against the white dial. Quite a unique reverso. The ultra thin case makes this much less bulky than some of the other models.

Thanks for the replies folks. Regarding my wrist its quite flat so I can handle the larger sized watches no problem.

I am torn between the Duo and the Ultra thin. i love the detail on the face of the Duo which to me makes it more casual but I'm not overly keen (though its not a deal breaker) on the numbers on the dial. I also like the fact that on the white face it has "Jaeger leCoultre" on it.

The Ultra thin has alot simpler dials, I prefer the simple hour markers on both faces. Its a cleaner design.

My job involves no smart suits what so ever, this watch is purely just for me to wear when the fancy takes me. It needs to be smart but also be able to dress down / casual if needed. Hence the dual face really.

I love the design on the face of the Duo but not the hour markers so much, but love the hour markers on the ultra thin but wish the faces had abit more about them

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post
    I have tried the grande reverso ultra thin, a really nice piece. The black markers really stand out against the white dial. Quite a unique reverso. The ultra thin case makes this much less bulky than some of the other models.
    +1. The ultra thin is a better piece IMO

I think the Duo has the nicest white dial of the two and the ultra thin has the nicest black dial. I also think that doesn't help with your problem :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek View Post
    I think the Duo has the nicest white dial of the two and the ultra thin has the nicest black dial. I also think that doesn't help with your problem :-)
    That is the way I'm generally thinking. Get the duo white face with the ultra thin markers and the the ultra thin black face. I wonder if JLC will make me a custom model?