closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My first watch purchase

Apprentice

My first watch purchase

hi,

I'm new here, I've come along to learn abit about watches. I'm looking at my first purchase of a high end watch. Until now they've all been desinger brands.

My budget is £1,500 - £2,000 and my preferred make is Omega. I like Planet Oceans. Although I'm up for suggestions.

I'm happy with used at this price but where is the best place to search and buy? I found watch finder but don't know many others. Is ebay a good place, who's the respected sellers?

Thank you.
    Ash.

Hi there mate, and welcome (lots of people post a 'hello' thread when they join btw- usually in the George and dragon).

You've got a nice watch in mind, and would definitely be looking at an older model with a 2500 movement, which you should be able to secure in your budget. Aside from this forum, where you can access sales corner with the appropriate contribution, I'd say Watchfinder is a very good bet and very trustworthy. Ebay is a mixed bag but you can sometimes find the odd bargain- as ever, buy the seller and keep a keen eye on their feedback etc. good luck, here's a picture of mine :)

Hi and welcome ;-)

Ian Blowers in Hull is a good honest place
    blowers-jewellers.co.uk

also you can try
    Sweepinghand.co.uk

Apprentice
    Thanks for the replys. Can anyone recommend a good ebay retailer for watches?

POs are great choice, IMHO, go for it! No need to buy from ebay, IMHO. You can add a WTB here.

Journeyman
    Another vote for Blowers here. I've used them in the past and everything has been as described/

The PO is a great watch, many prefer the older 2500 based version for it's thinner case and black bezel. A WTB should find you one. Personally I'd be nervous about spending that much money on the Bay. As always, buy the seller!