closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 1514

Thread: It's winter boot time

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Peeps throwing shade on Loakie boys...

Picked up these smokers in the Black Friday mark downs £230. Think they are decent for that, and have been more than happy with their 1880 range for work shoes to be fair.
    I have a variation of these that was done for Debenhams in conjunction with a winner of a design competition - they are a decent pair of boots.

Master
    Just bought a pair of Lanx Ribchester in distressed brown with the vibram 365 sole.
    Will report back on how they go in the snow and ice.

maseman

I like the look of the Lanx Pike and they review really well but they're expensive for not being one of the major brands.

Men's - Tan - Brown - Leather - Moc Toe Boots – LANX (lanxshoes.com)

Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    Just bought a pair of Lanx Ribchester in distressed brown with the vibram 365 sole.
    Will report back on how they go in the snow and ice.

maseman

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I like the look of the Lanx Pike and they review really well but they're expensive for not being one of the major brands.

Men's - Tan - Brown - Leather - Moc Toe Boots – LANX (lanxshoes.com)
    I mean good leather with goodyear construction can only go so low price wise? What would you say would be a good target price?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    For anyone interested, here's a link to a nice write up on Red Wing's Mocs

https://footwearplusmagazine.com/sty...oved-all-over/
    Really interesting, thank you

Master
    Alden Indys arrived from seattle via my brothers trip home for christmas

Loake Glendale from their 1880 range. Colour is Conker. They have the Commando sole which feels indestructible. Comfortable from first wear.

[IMG][/IMG]

They're absolutely beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post

Master
    They're absolutely beautiful
    Cheers!

very comfy too!

Loake Glendale from their 1880 range. Colour is Conker. They have the Commando sole which feels indestructible. Comfortable from first wear.

[IMG][/IMG]
    They look great

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

I agree, a lovely pair of boots, but not sure matching them with a pair of grey jeans.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I agree, a lovely pair of boots, but not sure matching them with a pair of grey jeans.
    i just got them so threw them on to break them in a bit, grey jeans wouldnt be my first choice but id probably wear them with these jeans again saying that.

Blog Entries
    Didn't think that Grey jeans were on the approved TZ-UK uniform list?

Thanks

They look great

Master

This time of year it’s the red wings when it’s wet and the Gucci when it’s dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Didn't think that Grey jeans were on the approved TZ-UK uniform list?
    maybe not....

Master
    Hoping for some of theese from Santa

Ten c / Diemme colab

https://www.tenc.com/en/antermoia-roccia-vet-boots

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post

Ten c / Diemme colab

That's a proper shite video - like an East 17 pilot for Cbeebies

Ten c / Diemme colab

How much are those bad boys setting back Santa?

Ten c / Diemme colab

Antermoia Roccia Vet boots?

In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    How much are those bad boys setting back Santa?

I found them for £275 from £400

for those who dont know Ten C kit is amazing and the OJJ material is something else - I'm sure everyone will be familiar with Diemme boots so I dont think thats bad at all

https://www.thehipstore.co.uk/produc...boot/19604361/
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 21st December 2023 at 12:33.

I found them for £275 from £400

for those who dont know Ten C kit is amazing and the OJJ material is something else - I'm sure everyone will be familiar with Diemme boots so I dont think thats bad at all

https://www.thehipstore.co.uk/produc...boot/19604361/

How's the service at Hip Store these days? I used to buy from there all the time, then JD bought it and it all turned to mush. I had no idea, ordered a couple of shirts, then spent the next month chasing them for a refund when nothing arrived. Lucky I paid with PP because they didn't send an email receipt either. Almost overnight it just collapsed.

I see Oi Polloi has gone to the same JD retail graveyard. There aren't many decent indy clobber shops left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    How's the service at Hip Store these days? I used to buy from there all the time, then JD bought it and it all turned to mush. I had no idea, ordered a couple of shirts, then spent the next month chasing them for a refund when nothing arrived. Lucky I paid with PP because they didn't send an email receipt either. Almost overnight it just collapsed.

I see Oi Polloi has gone to the same JD retail graveyard. There aren't many decent indy clobber shops left.
    No idea they'd been taken over and Im yet to order theese ones - but I tend to always use paypal or credit card for online transactions for instances like you talk of

It's winter boot time

I never use PayPal for online merchant transactions. You instantly lose section 75 credit card protection which as good as it gets.

PayPal protection is nowhere near as good.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cr...Pal-Section75/

Master
    Blog Entries
    Danner

Can't think who from the forum put me onto these ... it was a few years ago but these Panama Jacks have been brilliant especially as I really suffer from cold feet.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post
    Can't think who from the forum put me onto these ... it was a few years ago but these Panama Jacks have been brilliant especially as I really suffer from cold feet.

I have regular Timberland boots and Red wing chukkas which are now extra toasty after buying Freshfeet Heavyweight Work Socks £16 for two pairs from M&S. My chukkas are quite fitted with normal socks but a bit snug with M&S socks. This should really go in a socks thread, if there is one.

Master

Ten c / Diemme colab

Thanks for the link. Just bought a pair of the white ones. They’ll probably look ultra-gay on me and I’ll end up sending them back, but figured I’d give them a try.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Thanks for the link. Just bought a pair of the white ones. They’ll probably look ultra-gay on me and I’ll end up sending them back, but figured I’d give them a try.
    I think they'll look that way on anyone other than an Eskimo .

Master
    I reckon this guy would rock them

Master
    Thanks chaps
    <prepares return paperwork before they arrive>

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post

I’ve got a pair of Panama Jack lined boots,team with Nordic socks and my feet are toasty warm.

Zee and Co. Are they still going. Used to love their shop on Upper Street. Spent way too much in there back in the day.

Master
    That's a proper shite video - like an East 17 pilot for Cbeebies
    Stay now.

Seriously from a marketing perspective & having spent many years practicing the art, am amazed with how little focus is on the actual product v the jackets.

Utterly bonkers & the sort of vide I would expect to be generated from The Apprentice candidates & those who have spent the lives outside of any marketing roles.

@Cyrusir, ignore the grey jeans comment, if you're rocking Alden Indys you can match them with whatever you like IMHO; looks bloody amazing & amazed they are comfy from the start!

Zee and Co. Are they still going. Used to love their shop on Upper Street. Spent way too much in there back in the day.

Bloody hell, that's a blast from the past. I worked in Angel for about 5 years and was a regular visitor. I forgot about them (hurries off to check the website).

Master

It's winter boot time

Congratulations - I’ll be keen to see what you think

For the people complaining about the promo video and Ten C promoting the jackets you need to remember Ten C is not a footwear brand they are a heritage clothing brand with Links to Paul Harvey and Ostio/CP and comes from terrace culture, they sell some fantastic jackets with a cult following among the casual scene and the boots in question are a colab piece which is why there promo material will focus on there jackets (all of which tend to be £1000 +++ and the OJJ material is something else) so it’s no surprise they lead with there heritage pieces (jackets)

More and more fashion brands are going down the colab route (I’m guessing the tz community isn’t there natural target audience) but it’s a great way to tap into a loyal customer base and gain exposure so teh link is a no brainer, I apologise if taken thread off track however certainly on footwear this is becoming more apparent - new balance/stone island recently have done a colab and if you saw the hype and inflated prices being paid you’ll see why brands are going down this route

There are similar examples recently that also have had same results particularly on the trainer side of things cp/clarks another I can think off as well as more recently with clothing adidas/cp, Barbour/cp jackets as well as another forum favourite Belstaff:sophnet another and it’s all about winning new customers that normally wouldn’t be aware of who you are

I’m 46 and most people my age certainly a lot in my circle won’t have a clue about my barkers, grenson, trickers, Cheaneys, tods or the costs associated but will recognise my red wings, Fracap, diemme etc and colabs like theese create more exclusivity and open doors to new customers

Last edited by R0bertb00th; 22nd December 2023 at 12:42.

Master
    Bloody hell, that's a blast from the past. I worked in Angel for about 5 years and was a regular visitor. I forgot about them (hurries off to check the website).
    Me too. Lived just off Upper St for a few years in the mid-late nineties and that place opened while I was there (if it’s the same place I’m thinking of). The guy who ran it was the most amazing salesman, managed to get a sale out of me every time I went in there.

I wasn't surprised to see that Oi Polloi had gone under. I stopped using them while ago due to some shocking service. They seemed to have no idea how to run a retail operation.

I'm a big fan of Kafka at the moment.

Master
    Full winter rotation

mr p shearling lined, alden Indy’s , Thursday boot co diplomat and loake chukkas

Whichever boots are chosen, may I recommend WackySox rugby socks to wear underneath them. Super comfy and super warm, for your feet and calves. Lovely for wearing around the house also as slippers with their padded foot section. As the name implies there are some wacky colour schemes, but that's hidden under trousers anyway.

Congratulations - I’ll be keen to see what you think

For the people complaining about the promo video and Ten C promoting the jackets you need to remember Ten C is not a footwear brand they are a heritage clothing brand with Links to Paul Harvey and Ostio/CP and comes from terrace culture, they sell some fantastic jackets with a cult following among the casual scene and the boots in question are a colab piece which is why there promo material will focus on there jackets (all of which tend to be £1000 +++ and the OJJ material is something else) so it’s no surprise they lead with there heritage pieces (jackets)

More and more fashion brands are going down the colab route (I’m guessing the tz community isn’t there natural target audience) but it’s a great way to tap into a loyal customer base and gain exposure so teh link is a no brainer, I apologise if taken thread off track however certainly on footwear this is becoming more apparent - new balance/stone island recently have done a colab and if you saw the hype and inflated prices being paid you’ll see why brands are going down this route

There are similar examples recently that also have had same results particularly on the trainer side of things cp/clarks another I can think off as well as more recently with clothing adidas/cp, Barbour/cp jackets as well as another forum favourite Belstaff:sophnet another and it’s all about winning new customers that normally wouldn’t be aware of who you are

I’m 46 and most people my age certainly a lot in my circle won’t have a clue about my barkers, grenson, trickers, Cheaneys, tods or the costs associated but will recognise my red wings, Fracap, diemme etc and colabs like theese create more exclusivity and open doors to new customers

Like a forrin language to me most of that was. Nonetheless hopefully Santa brings you what you want.

Panama Jack's here, the unlined version.
    Last edited by Passenger; 23rd December 2023 at 10:23.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I wasn't surprised to see that Oi Polloi had gone under. I stopped using them while ago due to some shocking service. They seemed to have no idea how to run a retail operation.

I'm a big fan of Kafka at the moment.
    Shame about Oi Polloi, one of the few physical shops i could be bothered with.

Agree about Kafka, some really nice things that are actually wearable for the ‘normal’ man in the street! Have to say Peggs and Son has been a favourite for years and years, very good service and no messing about with unfulfilled orders or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    Shame about Oi Polloi, one of the few physical shops i could be bothered with.

Agree about Kafka, some really nice things that are actually wearable for the ‘normal’ man in the street! Have to say Peggs and Son has been a favourite for years and years, very good service and no messing about with unfulfilled orders or anything.
    Used Pegg & Sons many times. Haven't heard of Kafka so will check them out.

Another site I still use a lot is End. Always good service, decent pics of normal people actually wearing the clothes, and good selection.

https://www.endclothing.com/gb?gad_s...SAAEgLZtvD_BwE

And Stuarts, both the website and the shop in Shepherd's Bush:

https://www.stuartslondon.com/?gad_s...SAAEgLHzPD_BwE

Consortium is also good. I just bought an A.P.C parka in the sale from them:

https://www.consortium.co.uk/

Master
    Used Pegg & Sons many times. Haven't heard of Kafka so will check them out.

Another site I still use a lot is End. Always good service, decent pics of normal people actually wearing the clothes, and good selection.

https://www.endclothing.com/gb?gad_s...SAAEgLZtvD_BwE

And Stuarts, both the website and the shop in Shepherd's Bush:

https://www.stuartslondon.com/?gad_s...SAAEgLHzPD_BwE

Consortium is also good. I just bought an A.P.C parka in the sale from them:

https://www.consortium.co.uk/
    Have bought from all barring Consortium so will have a ganders now thank you.

Stopped using End a few years ago after shocking customer service and couriers that defied belief.

Stuarts another i’ve been using for years too and not had issues with.

Bought stuff last weekend from HIP and no delivery, no updates, nothing, should’ve known better.

Full winter rotation

mr p shearling lined, alden Indy’s , Thursday boot co diplomat and loake chukkas

Nice collection.

From those, I have Indys and Diplomats. My other main boots are Thursday Captains and Viberg Service Boots.

Master
    Nice collection.

From those, I have Indys and Diplomats. My other main boots are Thursday Captains and Viberg Service Boots.
    nice !

did you buy the Thursdays over in the states or import them? They get pricey when imported unfortunately.

nice !

did you buy the Thursdays over in the states or import them? They get pricey when imported unfortunately.
    I've had three pairs of Thursdays imported (I have some of their trainers as well).

All things considered, I still think it works out pretty cheap. Certainly cheaper than the Amazon UK price. The big risk of course is that their 'free returns' policy becomes void for you. If you get a size wrong or there's a fault you're stuffed.

I also have one of their canvas field jackets, but had that delivered to relatives I was visiting in the US so I had the option to return it (I didn't need to).

I've had three pairs of Thursdays imported (I have some of their trainers as well).

All things considered, I still think it works out pretty cheap. Certainly cheaper than the Amazon UK price. The big risk of course is that their 'free returns' policy becomes void for you. If you get a size wrong or there's a fault you're stuffed.

I also have one of their canvas field jackets, but had that delivered to relatives I was visiting in the US so I had the option to return it (I didn't need to).
    That’s interesting, I’ve bought Thursdays for £199 from Amazon before assuming it would work out about the same price with customs added on.
    If anyone’s thinking of ordering direct it may be a good idea to go through Amazon first to make sure you get your size right and use their free returns.

It's winter boot time

Thursday Captain £200, Red Wing Iron Ranger £300.

Compare and contrast.

(Warning, be very wary of Thursday outlet sites offering boots at very low prices.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 24th December 2023 at 10:47.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    That’s interesting, I’ve bought Thursdays for £199 from Amazon before assuming it would work out about the same price with customs added on.
    That was my experience in the past. It might be diffrent now. In any case, the Amazon UK range is extremely limited and I don't think anything I've ever bought from them is offered there.