closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: WIS insurance?

Craftsman

WIS insurance?

Hi all just wondering if there are any contents insurers that would be worth a try?

My current provider requires me to changes policy with each way I flip. Change in premium, proof of watch and valuation etc and an admin fee. Surely there's a better way...

Any recommendations on insurers that will cover without the hassle, or should I take the risk?

M&S are good.

I use Aviva now and there's no admin fee to update the policy and you only have to state valuables over £1k, with a slight change in premium.

I used to use Sheila's Wheels and they also didn't charge an admin fee and you only had to state specific items over £1500.

With both policies I only have to provide proof of purchase in the event of theft or loss. I guess it depends on how valuable your collection is.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I used M & S for a couple of years but moved to TH March when the previous wouldn't insure a watch I'd bought.
    Both were easy to deal with. I've heard TH March are good come claim time, although thankfully I don't have first hand experience of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow986 View Post
    Hi all just wondering if there are any contents insurers that would be worth a try?

My current provider requires me to changes policy with each way I flip. Change in premium, proof of watch and valuation etc and an admin fee. Surely there's a better way...

Any recommendations on insurers that will cover without the hassle, or should I take the risk?
    you should only need to do this if you have 'specified items all risks cover' , dependant on value of watches, if you flip regularly you may be better off with a 'non-specified items all risk cover'. A good broker should be able to help you

Craftsman
    Thanks all

Willow

Hiscox allow items up to 10k with no valuation.

I moved from Hiscox to John Lewis

They have been fine so far

Craftsman
    Looking at various companies and m&s premium cover max £15k for a single valuable item but can't work out whether they need to be specified or not...

Master
    Plus 1 for Aviva, I update cover each year that replacement costs increase and it is very easy to do by phone. No proof of ownership required by them.

I did try Hiscox once but they would only cover my watches when abroad as long as I was wearing it which was a no go as far as I am concerned. I just cannot wear a watch at night and they declined to cover it even if in the room safe. Worth checking if this is still a requirement if you are considering Hiscox.