closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 412 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, I've finally succumbed to my yearning for an ana-digi
    Great choice - I've had several, but sold them all as I just couldnt get used to the spinny-crown function select - it is terrible, terrible, terrible... Apart from that, it's one of my favourite watches of all time!

The WTB function does work on here :)

Love it, but it's proving very hard to conceal as it's rather distinctive...

I often looked at Aerospaces, but could never convince myself I wanted to spend that much on quartz watch.

Then I spotted a B-1 in Watchfinder in the Royal Exchange and found one MUCH cheaper on SC

I could never really get on with the fixed 'bezel' look on the Aerospace, especially the 'fittings' (or other Breitlings with similar features), which (along with a logical operation with two extra buttons) the B-1 solves. The picture of yours (now a couple of posts back!) looks much better in that respect to me. Is it just the photo or have they changed the look?

That said, I can see the appeal of the slimmer case and Titanium for many.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 5th January 2015 at 17:05.

Master

this might be the last watch i buy for a long time and actually, i think it is a pretty decent way to wrap things up.

Journeyman
    I am something of a sucker for colourful watches and couldn't resist this when I saw it recently. It was advertised as a 2231.80.00 model and research here and elsewhere suggests that the original electric blue has aged to this purple. It's so uniform though that I wonder if the comments I have seen suggesting that Omega did make a limited number of these with purple dials are correct. Does anyone have any more knowledge?

It's difficult to photograph - this is the best I have managed so far.

Well, it arrived a couple of days ago... quick iPhone shot, whilst I motivate myself to get the gear out and do it properly!

I might a couple of incomings - more to follow - well in the next few weeks...

Master
    Arrived a couple of days ago- loving it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, it arrived a couple of days ago... quick iPhone shot, whilst I motivate myself to get the gear out and do it properly!

Perfection!

Has the twiddly crown driven you mad yet?!

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Perfection!

Has the twiddly crown driven you mad yet?!
    Cheers Adrian, and... not quite

Not doing too well (yet, there's plenty of time) in finding me a new/old dress watch, but my finger slipped on a cute boy's watch while looking:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/221604623922

Journeyman
    Some new (vintage) arrivals come with issues... This one is off to my watch repair guy. AS1701 mainspring barrel (complete) anyone?

I posted this in the Friday thread… but though I'd pot here too.

The first full week with my Junghans Max Bill ref: 027/5703:00.

Its a magnificent little thing… 34mm, which is making me feel even more love for a smaller slimmer watch. As always though, appears larger with a lack of bezel and lighter coloured dial. Apparently it is 9mm thick, but that must all be in the plexi as it doesn't look it in any way.

The dial plays beautifully with the light as it is a matt silver plate, meaning its constantly changing with wrist movement. Also the dial is printed so crisply and right to the very edge. Very subtle, that the 12/3/6/9 hash-marks are slightly thicker, probably .5mm compared to the rest which are .3mm. Makes more a difference than you'd imagine and helps balance things out.

The hour/minute hands are also gold-plated, but have a thin black in-lay which you might not be able to make out it the picture… it really helps seeing the hands in any light and adds another layer of texture to the overall package. Again the black is filled the entire length to the very tip.

Very impressed with the whole manufacture, quality and design! Hope the picture helps to describes even more…

This arrived last week after a detour via Egypt. I had one last year but sold it (made myself sell it in order to by something else) but when the heads up came for the bargain I couldnt resist. It is utterly terrible to read indoors, even with automatic backligt but it has a certain look I really like. Almost like a black bracelet. Caseio G-Schock 5610BC

Also arrived this week: usd 17 worth of vintage appeal, a Casio A158

Master
    Sorry just read this thread so I will add my first incoming for 2015 that I collected from Neal on Saturday!
    Cheers Nas

Master
    Picked this up last week whilst in Cape Town. Always wanted one and thanks to a favourable exchange rate and some haggling I couldn't resist!

Thought this wasn't bad value for an Automatic, and arrived in December. Bit heavy with the SS bracelet so its on a rubber deployment at the moment till a decent leather can be sourced (23mm). Previous advice on this forum, which seems to work trying other straps I have, suggests a 24mm strap would fit fine if indeed not better!.

Anyway;

Quote Originally Posted by jimboy View Post
    Thought this wasn't bad value for an Automatic, and arrived in December. Bit heavy with the SS bracelet so its on a rubber deployment at the moment till a decent leather can be sourced (23mm). Previous advice on this forum, which seems to work trying other straps I have, suggests a 24mm strap would fit fine if indeed not better!.

Anyway;

The rubber suits it really well… the grooves seem to enhance the design to my eye

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post

That's bloody lovely; I've always fancied a one of these :)

Well I finally satisfied my curiousity and killed 2 birds with one stone and got an orange casio aviator. Am still in love with it.

Pic taken from the sales thread. However, its much nicer in the flesh than the pictures which surprised me and surprisingly clear.

However, I just use it to tell the time and I really want to figure out the chrono function on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post

Very nice, i'm torn between one of these, a pepsi or BLNR next..

Little boy's ticker came - really lovely! Doesn't seem to have quickset date which is a bit of a chore.

Has kept decent enough time since this morning, going to see how long its reserve is :)

This Max Bill arrived yesterday.

Craftsman

New arrival - but its for Mrs H.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    This Max Bill arrived yesterday.
    Classic yet strangely contemporary. Enjoy.

This...

Cheers

Matt

Apprentice
    Seiko_003 by gavin.lipscombe, on Flickr

Seiko_001 by gavin.lipscombe, on Flickr
    Last edited by Cornersruns; 15th January 2015 at 19:36.

Blog Entries
    Recent Zeno arrival...

z

My Tudor 79180 'Big Block' finally arrived today. It is easily as mint as it appeared in the photos and is near NOS. As best I can tell it has never been refinsihed and retains all factory bevels, lug brushing etc. Very happy to have a 79180 back in my collection.

:-)

:-D

Very happy to receive my Seiko FFF Black mod from Captain Morgan. It is the actual watch I sold last year due to some erratic man logic. I had bought too many watches and forced myself to sell three. By now I have bought all again but this FFF mod was kind of special to me as I imported it myself, bought the dial, had it installed by Rob at monster watches. So there was some history and if I had to have one again it had to be "my old one". Contacted the person I sold to, who had sold it on and after a few pm's negotiated a deal with Simon. Truly love the forum spirit here and the wilingness of members to help, quite often in other places it is rare to get any response at all.

Anyway here it is, back on the wrist. Couldnt be hapier!

http://youtu.be/26J0uDIGErM
    Last edited by Glen Goyne; 17th January 2015 at 16:52.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Contacted the person I sold to ... Truly love the forum spirit here and the wilingness of members to help, quite often in other places it is rare to get any response at all.
    Happy to help reunite you with this fab watch!

Master
    My first G-Shock, it was expensive for a g-shock but I really wanted the RAF limited edition. This watch is huge after wearing this for a day everything else seems small by comparison, luckily it's very light on the wrist.

Fairchild Vintage LCD. I'm going to experiment replacing the original twin flat tritium tubes with 12 smaller cylindrical tubes.

These 2 in the past fortnight..

And slightly off-topic, one of these arrived for me to pick up this week 😍

Wanted to add a diver and daily beater watch

So, this arrived on Friday.

But down sitting on a NATO
    Last edited by Topcat30093; 28th January 2015 at 21:33.

Deepsea D Blue

This bad boy came in early this week when I got the call, a lumpy beast on the wrist but its amazing! Excuse the terrible picture

Well, as it was my birthday a week ago...

Last edited by pinpull; 19th January 2015 at 13:31.

This one arrived yesterday, thanks to Learningtofly (Tony)

Journeyman

Hello

Quick first post to say hello. I've just registered althogh I've been a lurker on here for a while. lots of great reference posts here.

Over the years I'd amassed too many watches. Nice Swiss automatics. Lots that didnt get any wrist time. So the plan over the last six months has been fewer better watches.

The ones I've kept are:-

Tag Heuer 169.806
    Zenith 01/02 0451 680

The Tag was my first decent watch. It still gets worn lots and has to stay, the Zenith is just lovely too.

The others have been traded/sold/auctioned/part ex'd and as a result a ~9 year old Rolex 14060m "2 line" Sub is on it's way out of the proceeds. It's been a dream watch for a while.

Craftsman
    A rather modest arrival compared with some here, but I love it all the same:

Hamilton Kahki Pilot automatic. I saw it in Beaverbrooks window yesterday afternoon as a pre-owned and on sale too. I wanted a military\pilot watch for my collection but most pilots are too big for me. This at 42mm is right on my limit but feels good on the wrist. Kind of am impulse buy, well I did go and have a coffee while I thought about it, so I'm getting better!

Master
    I took delivery of this on Friday following a trade with a fellow forum member.

This particular model comes on a dark brown leather strap which really sets off the rose gold markers. I also like to wear my watches on a bracelet however and managed to pick one up to fit it from ebay and will be swapping between the two regularly.

This will be my new daily office wear watch and I absolutely love it! I don't normally go for rose gold but am so glad I did this time.

Edit - I probably should have given it a bit of wipe having seen the picture. Finger print city!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    This one arrived yesterday, thanks to Learningtofly (Tony)
    That looks gorgeous.

Just got a watch for my three-year-old. She has been really interested in my watches lately, so when I saw this, I had to get it. It was the first watch I've seen that suits a 3-y.o. girl. I maintain that this is not a fake. Nowhere does it read Hello Kitty and there are the subtle differences in the image that make this a homage.

I had to make a compromise, as I dislike all fakes including this kind of stuff, but the compromise was worth a little chink in my armor. The look on her face, when she realized that she has a watch just like daddy's, was indeed priceless.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just landed! Thanks Coot!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Just got a watch for my three-year-old. She has been really interested in my watches lately, so when I saw this, I had to get it. It was the first watch I've seen that suits a 3-y.o. girl. I maintain that this is not a fake. Nowhere does it read Hello Kitty and there are the subtle differences in the image that make this a homage.

I had to make a compromise, as I dislike all fakes including this kind of stuff, but the compromise was worth a little chink in my armor. The look on her face, when she realized that she has a watch just like daddy's, was indeed priceless.

Cute! My 3 year olds keep trying to nick my watches - seem most interested in the G10 but my boy also the speedy - need to get something like this sharpish! Covers the main 3 year old female criteria - its pink!

It's landed! After a fairly long search I found a SuperQuartz B-1 in Blue - my ideal combination - on eBay. I reached a deal with the seller (a dealer called Darren Reay and on the basis of this experience, highly recommended he is, too) and here it is! Immediate impressions are that its a lot shinier than my old aerospace, but not so much as to be unpalatable. I love the iridescent brushed dial, the slide-rule and the beautiful turbine case back. The bracelet is a bit short but Darren's kindly agreed to find and send me an extra link - so I've bunged it on a NATO for now which actually works better than I'd thought it would.

Ana/digi ahoy:

Apprentice
    My wife's just got back from Japan, and she came sporting this ...

<please see attachment ... drum roll>

Sometimes you think to yourself, "With all the hassles, and the nagging, etc ... is married life *really* worth it?"
    Answer: "Ohhhh yeahhhhhhh" ;)))

(sorry I couldn't add the photo inline ... I don't actually have an online photo. account).

This more than makes up for the Sumo that I got for Christmas, and then had to send back because the lume dots were misplaced.

Craftsman
    My new arrival. 116300 DJII

Got it last Saturday.

Delighted with it.

Blog Entries

Revue-Sport 50's

Revue Thommen Sport 50s steel manufacture movement GT55