closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 212 of 416 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 10,551 to 10,600 of 20799

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

The Sinn 103 Sa B E is my latest attempt at finding a blue keeper watch. I am undecided on it yet as it feels a little small at 41mm but it sure is a beauty in the sun. The legibility is excellent as is the timekeeping.

IMG_20200818_151126_resized_20200818_052653394 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

Master
    New arrival from auction, box, links, all there. Adjusted the bracelet, new battery, she's like new.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    After a long wait, I finally have my hands on a Konstantin Chaykin "Joker". It is a real work of art! It brings a smile to my face every time I check the time.
    If ever a watch was a “conversation starter” then this is it. Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This arrived today, after being posted in Switzerland, just 23 hours earlier.

The Brellum Pandial Grey Meteor.

It's based on a highly decorated ETA/Valjoux 7750, COSC rated movement.

Master
    That's lovely, I keep overlooking Brellum, thanks for reminding me. Great watch at a very sensible price, it really does 'punch above it's weight' IMHO.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    That's lovely, I keep overlooking Brellum, thanks for reminding me. Great watch at a very sensible price, it really does 'punch above it's weight' IMHO.

Thanks. They certainly do punch above their weight..

Quote Originally Posted by ajdh View Post

That's very nice! The brand is new to me, but looks quite impressive having had a browse of the website.

Breguet Breguet Sauce

Last edited by ryanb741; 19th August 2020 at 14:11.

Quote Originally Posted by ajdh View Post

Very nice indeed, and refreshing to see something from one of the less overhyped brands, too

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That's very nice! The brand is new to me, but looks quite impressive having had a browse of the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Very nice indeed, and refreshing to see something from one of the less overhyped brands, too
    They're well worth considering. Sebastien, the owner, adds a very personal touch by keeping you aware of how your watch is progressing. He makes them to order.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSeb View Post
    Lovely piece! I did have a question what colour is the bottom half? Red or?

S
    To my eyes its a red colour, under bright lights the blue seems a bit purple, but red seems to stay consistent

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Congrats. Lovely watch! I am waiting for one too! Do you mind me asking if you had to buy other pieces first? Thanks.

Cheers thanks, Im enjoying it.

No, not to buy this. I've bought one watch from them before, which was an SD50 when they came out, but no enforced purchases or anything like that

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

After a long wait, I finally have my hands on a Konstantin Chaykin "Joker". It is a real work of art! It brings a smile to my face every time I check the time.
    Love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Most show this post to my other half as a “learning opportunity” for her! to be fair, she is very supportive of my hobby!

How are you finding this smart watch?

BW,
    Chi Kai

Craftsman
    Congrats!

Have always liked this whimsy watch. Have fun wearing it!

BW,
    Chi Kai

Journeyman
    Somehow I managed to remain resistant to Tudor's appeal up until quite recently, but I found myself finally taking a closer look and been a little floored by the quality. As I've commented in another thread, I recently had a great experience at Harrods and managed to get an OG 58 after just a few weeks on the wait list. It is currently my favorite watch and I am very happy indeed. https://ibb.co/cDVBZZx

Craftsman
    Seiko Lord Marvel from sales corner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Breguet Breguet Sauce

Do like that one!

Journeyman
    This arrived today:

Absolutely over the moon to have a Riseman back in the fold after quite a few years of absence... probably my favourite G of all time and so wearable for a large watch.

Master
    Sold my BP Milspec 3 wks ago and got a day/date in P/ex which I fancied trying.
    Finally got round to getting a B&S strap for it but as has been kindly pointed out I will need gold spring bars too
    Anyway a couple of pics

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Finally got round to getting a B&S strap for it but as has been kindly pointed out I will need gold spring bars too
    Anyway a couple of pics

Lovely. Hope you gave it a good wipe down

Blog Entries

Love the Joker watch amazing !!!

Couldn’t decide between the black and the olive green so went for both

Last edited by MFB Scotland; 20th August 2020 at 21:48.

Master
    Your first in a wee while Michael
    Good to see you back on the merry go round

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Anyway a couple of pics

Looks lovely. Can I ask why gold spring bars or was that tongue in cheek ?

Lovely day date and strap combo, really looks good. I bet gold spring bars make you grit your teeth while you entering your pin into the card reader.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Looks lovely. Can I ask why gold spring bars or was that tongue in cheek ?
    The Gold on the case is softer than the steel of normal spring bars so the bars will wear the pin holes in the case as a result.
    So better to have something of similar hardness.
    I hadnt thought about it tbh but makes sense when you think about it.
    Thanks for the comments on the watch.

The Gold on the case is softer than the steel of normal spring bars so the bars will wear the pin holes in the case as a result.
    So better to have something of similar hardness.
    I hadnt thought about it tbh but makes sense when you think about it.
    Thanks for the comments on the watch.
    Cheers. Interesting. I thought gold bars would be too soft but when you explain that it makes sense

Apeks 200m. Superb value for under £70.

Last edited by Mr Tetley; 21st August 2020 at 18:53.

Arrived today

Result of a successful WTB I posted - arrived today

http://F811F178-C8CF-4C55-BB27-42AB1F6EE9BB by meffiah, on Flickr

Master

Defy 21

Finally on my wrist having spent 2 months at LVMH for bracelet resizing. I'll try and post a video of it in action.

Master
    Two months to adjust/size bracelet!?

Over the moon and should have got it sooner.

Anyone know a smart way to take a photo of the serial on the rehaut? I normally take one on each watch for insurance purposes but the domed sapphire is making it really difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Over the moon and should have got it sooner.

Anyone know a smart way to take a photo of the serial on the rehaut? I normally take one on each watch for insurance purposes but the domed sapphire is making it really difficult.

Congratulations, I’m really drawn to these, I’d be very interested to hear your thoughts on it compared to the 126600.

Master
    Traded my Doxa 300 Sub a few years ago as the dial felt too small, but picked the larger 1500T up from Andy recently and it feels much better. Great to have a Doxa back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Traded my Doxa 300 Sub a few years ago as the dial felt too small, but picked the larger 1500T up from Andy recently and it feels much better. Great to have a Doxa back.

That was a good deal - well done!

I am a big fan of the 1500t...

https://i.imgur.com/sqjYhjS.jpg

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Congratulations, I’m really drawn to these, I’d be very interested to hear your thoughts on it compared to the 126600.
    It feels lighter on my wrist and more comfortable. Perhaps it's the weight being over over more surface area or maybe the titanium caseback is doing a good job. I wore the SD43 for 2.5 days before collecting to see if I could notice the added weight but I couldn't, it just felt a bit more comfortable. The 126600 SD43 is meant to be 194g and the 126660 DSSD 228g.

So far I'm really happy with it and I think after the honeymoon period it will settle as my favourite. If anything it has highlighted to me what a shame it is that the SD43 comes with the same clasp as the Sub and a Cyclops. It would make more sense to position the SD43 as a mini DSSD rather than the Sub XL it is currently. Still a great watch, I'm just picking holes.

One thing I really wasn't expecting was how thick the watch doesn't look when you're looking at the time. Side on it's massive, no getting around that, it's huge. Yet when you look at it to check the time the dial is set quite far inside the watch because of the "original gas escape valve" ring. If that ring wasn't there, or if the dial was at the same level as that ring, and not below it, it would look massive.

I used to think people on here who said the DSSD isn't that big and that it hides its weight/size were kidding themselves but now I'm one of them. I still wouldn't wear it to work with a suit but you'd probably need MTM shirts for that anyway!

Thanks Wiley, that’s really useful.

I have often wondered if the two could coexist in a four watch collection (I’ve decided that’s where I want to be... probably) I wouldn’t want to move the 126600 on, it’s arguably not the most exciting watch but I feel it works incredibly well for me.

If I can resist the inevitable temptation to revisit the 4 and 5 digits again, this could be a serious contender.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuffoon View Post
    Finally on my wrist having spent 2 months at LVMH for bracelet resizing. I'll try and post a video of it in action.

That's the first time I've looked at a photo of this watch and immediately thought "want"!!! Lovely.

Master

It feels lighter on my wrist and more comfortable. Perhaps it's the weight being over over more surface area or maybe the titanium caseback is doing a good job. I wore the SD43 for 2.5 days before collecting to see if I could notice the added weight but I couldn't, it just felt a bit more comfortable. The 126600 SD43 is meant to be 194g and the 126660 DSSD 228g.

So far I'm really happy with it and I think after the honeymoon period it will settle as my favourite. If anything it has highlighted to me what a shame it is that the SD43 comes with the same clasp as the Sub and a Cyclops. It would make more sense to position the SD43 as a mini DSSD rather than the Sub XL it is currently. Still a great watch, I'm just picking holes.

One thing I really wasn't expecting was how thick the watch doesn't look when you're looking at the time. Side on it's massive, no getting around that, it's huge. Yet when you look at it to check the time the dial is set quite far inside the watch because of the "original gas escape valve" ring. If that ring wasn't there, or if the dial was at the same level as that ring, and not below it, it would look massive.

I used to think people on here who said the DSSD isn't that big and that it hides its weight/size were kidding themselves but now I'm one of them. I still wouldn't wear it to work with a suit but you'd probably need MTM shirts for that anyway!
    Congratulations :) Cool purchase. I have to agree with most of what you’ve said regarding the DSSD size and wearability. Wrist size plays such a big part. My 116660 is nicer than my old 114060 in that it feels superior and more nicely finished and definitely an upgrade. 114060 was a great sports watch but was a touch too dressy. A DSSD would never be considered dressy IMHO. Try a Rubber B strap with it for a really casual /sporty look.

Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 23rd August 2020 at 15:54.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That's the first time I've looked at a photo of this watch and immediately thought "want"!!! Lovely.
    Congrats! It is a great piece.

I had the blue version for almost two years. Loved all the technical and design aspects about it. Just couldn’t get it to fit right. The lugs could have been designed better to wrap around the wrist better. (Such as the AMVOX or the Sonata streamline- both large 44/45mm watch but the lug design makes them wearable). Thought long and hard and let it go a month ago.

Enjoy! I will miss that whizzing sound the 1/100th of a second chronograph makes as it flies across the dial!

BW,
    Chi Kai

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Try a Rubber B strap with it for a really casual /sporty look.

Couldn’t agree more

https://i.imgur.com/3e8i9Uk.jpg

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Congratulations :) Cool purchase. I have to agree with most of what you’ve said regarding the DSSD size and wearability. Wrist size plays such a big part. My 116660 is nicer than my old 114060 in that it feels superior and more nicely finished and definitely an upgrade. 114060 was a great sports watch but was a touch too dressy. A DSSD would never be considered dressy IMHO. Try a Rubber B strap with it for a really casual /sporty look.

I have an Everest coming next week for my SD43 so will see how it goes. I bet rubber does wonders for the weight.

I have an Everest coming next week for my SD43 so will see how it goes. I bet rubber does wonders for the weight.
    Since I don’t actually own the bracelet I couldn’t comment, however the DSSD is very comfortable in the RubberB...

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Since I don’t actually own the bracelet I couldn’t comment, however the DSSD is very comfortable in the RubberB...

Simon
    The Rubber B does look good though, have to admit. The way it fits snug to the watch head without leaving the usual strap gap is superb, more like a rubber bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The Rubber B does look good though, have to admit. The way it fits snug to the watch head without leaving the usual strap gap is superb, more like a rubber bracelet
    The rubber also makes the watch look visually 'lighter' - the watch head looks absolutely massive with the bracelet.

Craftsman
    Spotted this on eBay, wanted one for a while as I love my monopusher, can't have too much of a good thing right?

Just arrived but I love it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    The rubber also makes the watch look visually 'lighter' - the watch head looks absolutely massive with the bracelet.
    I tried a rubber b on 116660 and whilst I liked it, and it was a comfortable wearer, I wanted a blue one so moved it on. Tried it on a canvas whilst I await a Pacific blue rubber b.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk