closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 407 of 416 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409 ... LastLast
Results 20,301 to 20,350 of 20798

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Beautiful watch, but couldn't disagree more.
    What a bloody awful strap especially on such an elegant IWC. A wind up of course. :-)

Blue leather it is.
    Last edited by j111dja; 4th February 2024 at 17:44.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    A Portugieser back in the collection. It is simply stunning.
    Ooooffff - makes me regret selling mine.
    Strap wouldn’t be what I would have chosen but works really well and dresses it down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Ooooffff - makes me regret selling mine.
    Strap wouldn’t be what I would have chosen but works really well and dresses it down a bit.

The OEM IWC strap is nice. I have a box of around 100 straps so I've dug out some 20mm straps that would suit it better. The IWC strap with the Rios buckle (at the top) is a favourite.

Last edited by j111dja; 4th February 2024 at 18:39.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    A Portugieser back in the collection. It is simply stunning.
    Absolutely gorgeous. Had my eye on that one but needed to shift the PAM514 first.

Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous. Had my eye on that one but needed to shift the PAM514 first.
    Thanks Tom.

This place is like Swap Shop at times. :-)

Beautiful watch, but couldn't disagree more.
    I genuinely like it. It's got that chronograph/rally thing going on that dresses it down nicely.

Also I love the fact that being rubber something didn't directly have to give up its life to make the strap. Doubtless another very unpopular opinion around these parts but there you go.

Third speedy in the collection now, you can’t have too many speedys, can you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Citizen design but their quartz movement and price just put me off. So I bought a clone with a NH35, like the slightly modified case design, the new dial But those hands.

Recently saw an offer with incredible price around 1/3 of the listed so here is my quartz purchase since last decades.

Let's these pix tell the differences

Last edited by seikomatic; 6th February 2024 at 04:32.

MkI DC57.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Master
    Vanuatu number three. Definitely not selling this one.

Craftsman
    Just about made it a month into the year before I cracked ... couldn't resist this one though. A nice minty example of the Pulsar Military Chronograph Gen 1 (39mm) ... civilian version ... at a wallet pleasing £123 !

Surprised how nice these are in the flesh considering the price ... :-)

Black Eulit Panama perlon doing the honours

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    MkI DC57 ...
    Nice. If I was forced at gunpoint to winnow my collection down to just one watch, my DC57 would be The One.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    ...you can’t have too many speedys, can you?
    Definitely not. Just wonderful pieces.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    I got this for my 40th at the weekend. Not flashy compared to 90% of other watches on here, but was a big day for me!

I put it away after collecting in November, but have just noticed the clasp isn't centred on the bracelet. There are 4 links on one side and 7 on the other- I would've assumed it would be equal? Or am I overlooking something?!

Clasp should be central-ish on the underside of your wrist.

Looking at the pic, it looks as though you could move another link from the 7 to the 4 side which might move the clasp more centrally for you.

Craftsman
    I might as well do a follow up since you have commented on my original post! I called into the AD at the weekend (albeit a different branch). The guy I dealt with this time was older and seemed to be more experienced. He said the clasp position wasn’t actually “wrong”, and that’s how he would wear it. He was happy to swap 1 link over to the other side, but urged me to leave it. He was actually fairly adamant that it was too loose and needed brought in a link, but I don’t like wearing my watches too tight. He did bring it in 1 of the 3 micro adjustments on the clasp and that has left it sitting right in my eyes. I’m probably happy enough to get used to the position of the clasp, it’s just I’ve always been used to the clasp being equidistant on my Omega and Tudor!

I don’t have the knowledge or expertise to know if he was right or wrong either way.

They replaced one of the screws that was damaged during the original adjustment, and he did apologise for their substandard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    I might as well do a follow up since you have commented on my original post! I called into the AD at the weekend (albeit a different branch). The guy I dealt with this time was older and seemed to be more experienced. He said the clasp position wasn’t actually “wrong”, and that’s how he would wear it. He was happy to swap 1 link over to the other side, but urged me to leave it. He was actually fairly adamant that it was too loose and needed brought in a link, but I don’t like wearing my watches too tight. He did bring it in 1 of the 3 micro adjustments on the clasp and that has left it sitting right in my eyes. I’m probably happy enough to get used to the position of the clasp, it’s just I’ve always been used to the clasp being equidistant on my Omega and Tudor!

I don’t have the knowledge or expertise to know if he was right or wrong either way.

They replaced one of the screws that was damaged during the original adjustment, and he did apologise for their substandard work.
    Mystified why they would suggest having it 7>4 links. Sounds like cobblers to me, I'd have them change it. If he wants to wear his watch that way that's fine, but no need for you to get used to wearing it differently because of his odd preference IMO. (or change it yourself if you have an appropriate screwdriver)

For what it’s worth, I don’t have a single watch that I could wear if the clasp was completely central. I always need the bracelet to be shorter on the 6 o’clock side.

That said, a 7 to 4 ratio does seem a bit much to me. I normally have about one link difference.

For what it’s worth, I don’t have a single watch that I could wear if the clasp was completely central. I always need the bracelet to be shorter on the 6 o’clock side.
    Why's that then?

When resting the wrist it's more comfortable when not over the clasp?

I’m guessing one branch didn’t want to badmouth their colleague at the other. 7 and 4 seems wild to but you’re the one with it on the wrist. Always one extra link at 12 for me.

Only time you won’t get a clasp in the middle of your wrist to the best of my knowledge is on hidden deployant bracelets like the presidential or non sports clasp jubilee.

That said, a 7 to 4 ratio does seem a bit much to me. I normally have about one link difference.
    Totally agree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Why's that then?

When resting the wrist it's more comfortable when not over the clasp?
    Shape of my wrist, I guess. What I've described gives me a centred clasp.

Clearly I'm not alone in this respect.

Master

I’m exactly the same. If I don’t, the clasp doesn’t sit centrally. I guess it depends on the shape of your wrist.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    I’m exactly the same. If I don’t, the clasp doesn’t sit centrally. I guess it depends on the shape of your wrist.
    Me too - often the visible part of the clasp is much longer than the hidden part, so needs to be offset for fit / comfort.

If I remember correctly when I picked up my BB58 from an AD. The SA mentioned you’d want the clasp central on the wrist and as it worked out I have even 5links per side. But was more about getting the clasp central. Same with my Speedy.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    7/4 sounds off.
    5/6 imo would put the clasp more central.

(I wear 5/7 but with the 7th link inside the clasp so it looks like 5/6)

Sorry but the dealer has fobbed you off.
    I prefer equal or one extra link on the 12 o’clock side
    Is it comfortable? If yes no probs, if not it’s wrong.

Master
    Buying when I was supposed to be thinning the collection, oh well. Well, what a gem of a watch! The VFM is way more than expected. I even love the faux oxidisation, not seen it done better. :)

Master
    Exactly the same for me. The flat spot on my wrist means I need the clasp much closer to the 6 o'clock than the 12 o'clock. On my Speedmaster I have two links on the 6 side, and six on the 12 side. Fits perfectly and doesn't slide about.

Master
    Not wanting to labour this point too much (although I suspect we’re long part that stage), out of interest I took a look at the watch I’m wearing right now.

BB54. Sits beautifully on my wrist, clasp centred on the back. 7/4. Was a surprise to me (although one of the 7 sits under the clasp).

Master
    Tangentially, this BB54 T-fit bracelet is the first one I’ve had that can truly be adjusted on the fly. Pull the clasp away from the wrist, it expands. Push the bracelet into the clasp, it contracts. Super smooth and controllable, all without taking it off. Neither of my others work that smoothly. I’d assumed that t-fit still had to be taken off the wrist.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    We're all invested now so need a clasp shot of the exp!

Craftsman
    Lol! What do you want to see?!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    how the clasp sits on your wrist with the 7/4 link setting. If it's centred or not and if the salesman was right!
    You dont HAVE to ofc but im definitely sad enough to be interested to see how wrist shape alters link count either side!

If the watch sits comfortably on one side, and the clasp sits comfortably on the other, and the whole thing doesn't gradually creep out of position, then the numbers are irrelevant.

A jeweller in Penge once spent an eternity out the back removing a link from the wrong side. I cba-ed waiting two more eternities for that to be replaced and the other one removed, so I sucked it up, and put up with 4-4 rather than the requested 5-3. The watch was always wriggling out of position, moving from what was right for the watch to what was right for the clasp.

Just a comment on the general conversation. I don’t think the question was to an uneven number of links generally, that’s normal, it was to a 7/4 split (and that’s not with one hidden in the clasp) which clearly leaves the watch lopsided as seen in the side profile picture of the watch in question.

Master
    DC66.
    Just need to find out how to size bracelet. Torn screws either side, but there must be a pin in the centre link.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Master
    Sorry, I mean torx screws, not 'torn.'

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Sorry, I mean torx screws, not 'torn.'
    Apologies if you know this - the screws are titanium, so relatively soft, and held in place with thread-locker. Dismantling is easier if you get the bracelet nice and hot (e.g. immerse in really hot water) to soften the thread locker. Reassembly should include some soft thread locker (I use the purple stuff), otherwise the screws can come undone in wear.

Master
    No problem removing the screws either side, but there must be a bar needing removal as the bracelet does not come apart from centre link, if you see what I mean.
    Cheers.

New arrival today, ready for the summer

No problem removing the screws either side, but there must be a bar needing removal as the bracelet does not come apart from centre link, if you see what I mean.
    Cheers.

There is a bar - it's easiest to undo two screws of one link on one side of the bracelet, then use the remaining link to pull the bars through the centre link. Which probably won't make sense until you've actually done it!

Damasko's so-called 'bracelet passport' shows it quite well, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    New arrival today, ready for the summer

Really like that I was very tempted when they appeared, but couldn't quite get over the ££££.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    There is a bar - it's easiest to undo two screws of one link on one side of the bracelet, then use the remaining link to pull the bars through the centre link. Which probably won't make sense until you've actually done it!

Damasko's so-called 'bracelet passport' shows it quite well, FWIW.
    Thanks so much Paul, makes sense now.
    Cheers.

Master
    aaaaand.....sized, thanks Paul.

aaaaand.....sized, thanks Paul.
    Brilliant

And that is peak DC66 - the splash of red brings it alive, did the same when I ordered my DC80:

I got carried away and now I have a Tudor GMT Opaline incoming ?

Expect something on the sale column soon and pictures of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest mod I’ve built. 36mm Explorer style.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post

Now that looks amazing!!!! Congrats.

Now that IS purty!

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post