closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: DSSD to BLNR

DSSD to BLNR

So I have moved on my Deepsea and landed a GMT BLNR. I had always liked the look of the GMT but when the blue came out it sort of became a bit more interesting for me.

Have to say I prefer the size of this one. The DSSD is great, tough, sturdy and imposing watch plus the bezel for me was just special but.....it is a proper lump. Wearing it with anything other than a t shirt wasn't really ideal (even though I had tried to convince myself otherwise) hopefully this new one will be more wearable and work more as a daily work watch with a shirt/suit etc.

It's a 2014 model from Alexaff who was a great guy to deal with. This forum is such a superb thing, buying and selling to decent people who just want to do a fair deal and keep their reputations in tact. Really does feel like quite a privilege. Well played Eddie.

Regardless of all this I still can't get my head round how the GMT/ different time zones works but hey ho it's nice and shiny!!!!😀

Cheers all

Nice pics of a fantastic watch. I have the green/black ceramic GMT and love it (it's actually one of my longest serving watches), but that blue is special.

When travelling you set the regular hour and minute hands to your local time, a job made easier by the independently adjustable hour hand. The blue arrow tipped hand goes around the dial once every 24 hours and is set to your home time (denoted by the hour referenced on the bezel).

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've owned both. You've made the right choice :)

Craftsman
    Looks great - nice one. I would agree with your view on the DSea. Well made but a tad on the chunky side.

Master
    I love the blue/black of the bezel. Great choice and hope you enjoy wearing it for a long time

I think you've made the right move; more functions on the watch, better wearability, cleaner aesthetics and less wrist strain. Congratulations.

The GMT is a great watch, I love mine.

Regarding the GMT function set the time so the GMT hand is spun around to the top which means 12 midnight, then push the crown in a notch and spin the hour hand to the top as well. Then pull the crown out all the way again and set the time as normal. This will sync your GMT hand with the right time.

In your bottom photo the GMT says its quarter to ten pm when the time says quarter to twelve.
    Last edited by adesmith; 21st November 2014 at 22:02.

Blog Entries
    Very nice mate, enjoy .

Journeyman
    And there was I contemplating a DSSD ;-)

Lovely watch.

Very nice, the GMTC BLNR is IMHO the nicest sports Rolex model in current production, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    The GMT is a great watch, I love mine.

Regarding the GMT function set the time so the GMT hand is spun around to the top which means 12 midnight, then push the crown in a notch and spin the hour hand to the top as well. Then pull the crown out all the way again and set the time as normal. This will sync your GMT hand with the right time.

In your bottom photo the GMT says its quarter to ten pm when the time says quarter to twelve.
    Thanks you for that .

So do we think any other GMT colours will come out or is that it. Appreciate the white gold one is available but pricing is a jlcompete joke.

Craftsman
    Really starting to love them now!

Master
    much easier to live with than the DSSD, i sometimes find the blue gets a bit lost when compared to the bezel on my Pepsi, but the jump to £24k for the modern day equivalent ain't gonna happen!

enjoy.

Journeyman
    My current favourite Rolex model. Highly tempted to flip my 1990 Sub to finance one, but can't quite bring myself to do it. Decisions, decisions.

Looks great enjoy :)

must admit, mine gets more wear than my DSSD

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    Very nice, the GMTC BLNR is IMHO the nicest sports Rolex model in current production, congratulations.
    I agree but you must be getting bored of it by now... ;)

Craftsman
    Great decision and choice. I may be a little bias . . . but the GMT is such a great watch. Not to big and with enough design on the dual colour bezel to be noticed whilst also being great with jeans and a t-shirt.

I was rather excited when I saw Rolex were re-launching the 'pepsi' until I found out it was only on the gold watches . . . one day maybe . . . one day . . .

[/QUOTE]

That's a cracking picture

Master
    A lovely watch, would be even better for me with an all brushed bracelet.