closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Band of brothers

Band of brothers

finally got round to watching this; any ideas what watches I may have seen throughout the series?

I've not yet finished and I'm guessing a few people won't have this this series so, no spoilers please :)

Bulova, Elgin, Hamilton, Waltham, white faced Ord watches.

One potential id here.

Blimey was BoB REALLY 13 years ago!

M

Band of brothers

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    One potential id here.
    Interesting, I think the black faced ones were meant to be USAAF

Did the BOB Normandy tour a few years back, fantastic. Our tour guide was very, very knowledgeable....well so he should be. Took us to a barn and showed us a few photos of Winters with a Nazi flag that he still had in his possession. Our tour guide sad he was in regular contact with Winters and had asked several times if he would sell the flag as he thought it would be good to show tourists the exact flag......But he would not sell, said he would pass it onto his grandchildren.

Here's one that was used in the series:

Not original I'm afraid just something put together for the series. I got this from the watchmaker who was commissioned to provide all the watches for Band of Brothers. He told me that the only original one was the one worn by Damian Lewis ( Maj. Richard D. Winters), the rest were parts bin specials.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by media_mute View Post
    finally got round to watching this; any ideas what watches I may have seen throughout the series?

I've not yet finished and I'm guessing a few people won't have this this series so, no spoilers please :)
    Germany win.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
    Here's one that was used in the series:

Not original I'm afraid just something put together for the series. I got this from the watchmaker who was commissioned to provide all the watches for Band of Brothers. He told me that the only original one was the one worn by Damian Lewis ( Maj. Richard D. Winters), the rest were parts bin specials.

That's very cool. How many did he make altogether then, a good few I assume? Quite a cool thing to own - any paperwork from the prop-house or anything or was this one snuck out the back door? (shhh!)

Not sure exactly, but he definitely made one for each member of the band. He sold them all apart from Lewis's one I believe. Each one came with paperwork authenticating it.