timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ACCURIST 6W50 (Miyota) Buzzer

Journeyman

ACCURIST 6W50 (Miyota) Buzzer

ACCURIST 6W50

(Miyota 6W50)
    Hi,

Because I’m now disabled, I hadn’t worn my watch for a long, long time, and funds are limited, so I recently sold it.

Unfortunately, the customer states that the alarm buzzer doesn't sound.

Before sending, I put a new Sony battery in it, checked the seal and got it going. I tested it as best I could, but not the Alarm. Everything else works o.k - including the alarm, except the buzzer.

He asked if there is a ‘silent’ mode (I can’t see that – with it being an Alarm ?!)

I wondered if this was a known / common fault ?

I hate letting people down. I hope that you can offer some advice.

Thank you for reading this message.

According to the user manual, the alarm can have a "soft" or "loud" setting, adjusted via the top-right button. Could that be the problem?

Link to manual: http://www.accurist.co.uk/media/manu...NO%20ALARM.pdf

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by 3170 View Post
    ACCURIST 6W50

(Miyota 6W50)
    Hi,

Because I’m now disabled, I hadn’t worn my watch for a long, long time, and funds are limited, so I recently sold it.

Unfortunately, the customer states that the alarm buzzer doesn't sound.

Before sending, I put a new Sony battery in it, checked the seal and got it going. I tested it as best I could, but not the Alarm. Everything else works o.k - including the alarm, except the buzzer.

He asked if there is a ‘silent’ mode (I can’t see that – with it being an Alarm ?!)

I wondered if this was a known / common fault ?

I hate letting people down. I hope that you can offer some advice.

Thank you for reading this message.
    I had a similar problem with a Rado multifunction, I bought on ebay, it turned out that when the battery was replaced who ever did it had lost the tiny spring that touches the case back. I got a replacement from cousins £16.00 so not cheap for such a miniscule part. I am not familiar with the Miyota 6w50 but could be a similar problem to what I experienced

Journeyman
    Thanks guys,

I ordered a couple of springs, but when they arrived, they were too small.

In the meantime, I asked the customer to look into the Low/High volume, and this is what he said:

Many thanks for your efforts in trying to solve the lack of audible alarm on the watch. I have tried your number 1 suggestion just now, sadly to no effect. However I have noticed one oddity, that is whilst trying to set the alarm sound for what I assume to be the cancel position the second hand indicates 33 seconds past the hour, and not 19, for the loud setting, the second-hand indicates 35 seconds past the hour, and finally for the soft setting the second-hand indicates 37 seconds past the hour; i.e. there is an offset. From memory, as a long-time owner of my old watch with the same mechanism, I vaguely remember that on one occasion after a change of battery, the second hand was offset when using the alarm. This was due to something not having been reset after the new battery was put in; however that time there was no loss of the alarm sound.

Does it sound familiar to anyone ?

ADMIN:
    Also, I tried to reply to a post with a watch for sale. I got an error message saying that I can't access the post.
    Is there a specific reason please ?

cheers

Journeyman

Unhappy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to PM members about their sales, but the site comes up with the message saying that I can't - with various reasons.
    I asked admin for help, but they say they can't help.
    I now tried to reply direct to someones post,,,, but again, get the same message.

Obviously I have my own post running (this one) and been a member for a long time.
    Has anyone any idea why I can't access certain things please ?

cheers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Journeyman
    Here's an image of the Miyota/Accurist 6W50.

Does anyone have springs of this size please ?
    If not, anyone know where I can get a couple please ?

Would also like comments on my customers statement, in case it isn't spring related.

thanks folks
    Attached Images Attached Images