closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage webbing NATO strap great patina

Vintage webbing NATO strap great patina

The beauty of having strap maker as a friend is you can get them to make you anything .

I came across a load of old vintage webbing that had awesome patina some was 18mm wide some 20mm and I instantly thought NATO.

I got my guy on it he took apart another NATO for the hardware and this is the end product .

I'm now trying to find NATO hardware I can find Zulu but I'm not sure if it looks vintage and military enough for me.

I have quite a few different shades of colour one lot of webbing has lost so much colour it's gone a very dirty light Gray.

I'd love to get some feedback

Thanks for looking Baden

Master

Smile lovely

That looks great, I've been after a strap like this for ages, are you taking orders?

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    That looks great, I've been after a strap like this for ages, are you taking orders?
    Hi Barry it's early days yet I'm going to get another made up but this time stiched I've also got a couple of old nato straps with brassed hardware that's list its chrome I'd like to try these. I'm obsessed by the shabby vintage look but finding the bits ain't easy.

With no quality hardware the best I could say is I could get one of your straps converted for you.
    If I had one made I'd have to take another one apart lol

Sadly like most good artisans he ain't fast and he ain't cheap!

i don't know how people get a Nato for £6 must be cheap labour.

I did try a lady a few years ago to make me a NATO it was awful never laid straight on my wrist.

The prototype I've got here took him 3 hours but it sits perfect.

I am getting to the point in my life I need a different day job so you never know ;-)

Looks great
    Gray

Looks really good. He would be very popular if he could make the vintage British military watch strap in the top of this group. 18mm, stainless or black buckle and keepers. It's not quite a NATO, an earlier style.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Looks really good. He would be very popular if he could make the vintage British military watch strap in the top of this group. 18mm, stainless or black buckle and keepers. It's not quite a NATO, an earlier style.

Could you post some more pictures of the strap? Getting the strap made isn't a problem it's finding the correct webbing and hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Looks really good. He would be very popular if he could make the vintage British military watch strap in the top
    I quite like the 3 in the bottom as well - what are they?

/L

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Baden H View Post
    Could you post some more pictures of the strap? Getting the strap made isn't a problem it's finding the correct webbing and hardware.
    Some closer photos of the hardware on the AF0210 strap in this thread:
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...strap-question

Hi Longbear,

The three fabric straps are either Guss or American Band Co. straps from Watchdoc (.net I think) in the USA. The ones I have are 16mm, or whatever the equivalent is, 5/8" from what I remember. They are sold as vintage and for what they are, I think the prices are very reasonable. They come as 1 or 2 piece so there are options for fixed bars or spring bars.

If you want to test one out, I can lend you one to try.

Watchdoc is easy to deal with.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by longbear View Post
    I quite like the 3 in the bottom as well - what are they?

/L

Hi Baden H,

This is a good post on MWR. The first pictures are my strap, then Ken hq_sandman_ute added the specification and lower down there are pictures of a Smiths W10 on a canvas strap with black hardware.

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...rap#post148660

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Baden H View Post