closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lost - canon camera on Southern Trains service from London Bridge

Lost - canon camera on Southern Trains service from London Bridge

I'm gutted, left my Billingham Hadley Pro bag with Canon 5d mk2, 24-70 f2.8L, 50mm f1.4, remote shutter release and light meter on the 1757 Southern Trains service from London Bridge to Beckenham Junction last night. More importantly, pictures of first holiday with my son and pics of his 1st birthday yesterday. I've registered the loss with Southern Trains and am still holding out hope it will be handed in. I just can't believe I've done such a stupid thing! Insurance should cover the equipment but I'm not too bothered about that...I just want the pictures back...I feel sick :o( grateful if people could keep an eye out.
    Last edited by dougair; 12th November 2014 at 16:44.

really sorry to hear that. Just for your information my friend left his laptop bag on the london-brighton train, he rang lost property and they were helpful but VERY slow. It actually took 12 days i think before he had the call. It had been handed in the same day, but just took that long to process despite him calling frequently to ask if it had turned up. Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks, that does give some reassurance. I'm still optimistic! I'm not too interested in the kit, it's covered on a new for old policy, it's just the pics I'll miss!

Sorry to read of your gear going astray. Someone on Talkphotography found a memory card and got it back to the owner via exposure (no pun intended!) on Facebook, so there's always hope. Good luck.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Thanks, that does give some reassurance. I'm still optimistic! I'm not too interested in the kit, it's covered on a new for old policy, it's just the pics I'll miss!
    Didn't realise that insurance was available for things being just lost (especially new for old) - surely this is open to abuse (of course not suggesting that it is here). I guess you get what you pay for (and I'm a cheapskate).

As you say though, the pictures are your main priority - hope everything works out ok.

Master
    Sh1t

I'm a Nikon shooter and even I feel for you

Hope you get it back - but I cannot see that there will be much hope

but if you are insured …….. that really helps

I always download my images each day and reformat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    really sorry to hear that. Just for your information my friend left his laptop bag on the london-brighton train, he rang lost property and they were helpful but VERY slow. It actually took 12 days i think before he had the call. It had been handed in the same day, but just took that long to process despite him calling frequently to ask if it had turned up. Fingers crossed for you.
    My neighbour left his briefcase with over 100ks worth of Jewellery in it on the Brighton train and got it back unopened! The guy who handed it in was rather happy with his £1000 reward! Fingers crossed some kind soul hands it in.

Grand Master
    The majority of society and more so commuters (hard working people) are decent and will do the right thing, lets keep our fingers crossed for a speedy reuniting
    RIAC

Not much help, I'm afraid, but one tip that I learnt back in the film photography days, and that's even more useful with today's high-capacity memory cards, is to always take a photograph of my business card (or even a piece of paper with my email address on it) as the first photo on the roll of film/card.

Means that if somebody does find the memory card, they have a way of contacting you.

Master
    That is a really good call. Hadn't crossed my mind.

OP - hopefully it will turn up. I left a decent leather bag with phone/laptop etc in it on a train at Cannon Street a couple of years back and it was handed in.

I hope it finds its way back to you. I had a similar experience with losing a phone recently, I left it on a coach after a long haul flight, I was exhausted and left it on the seat next to me. All my numbers and some excellent pics of my travels...

Craftsman
    Good luck and keep us posted. I had a point and shoot camera returned to me from a cab so anything is possible!

Camera never did turn up, still kicking myself. On the positive side the Canon 6D and new 24-70 f2.8 are a significant improvement on the 5d Mk2 and old 24-70 f2.8.

Hello

I'd email British Transport Police as well.

As someone is more likely to hand it in to a Police Station.

Good luck.

Regards,

Ben