closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teaser

Teaser

Just a few quick ones with the pocket camera, I promise I'll try to get the white balance right in future.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Wow

Indeed - Especially love that crown!

M.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlemenpreferhats View Post
    Wow
    Indeed, shades of the Carmania/Ark Royal. Interesting letter 'W' in name.

Master
    Double WOW! That's beautiful, really like the blue skeleton hands and well, everything else.........:)
    Manual wind?

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Double WOW! That's beautiful, really like the blue skeleton hands and well, everything else.........:)
    Manual wind?
    Last picture- Unitas 6498, manual wind. Also, probably means quite a large watch (alas, for me). Those hands, that Sewills badge though....
    After waiting many years for Eddie to do some dress watches, there's now an embarrassment of riches.
    Last edited by gentlemenpreferhats; 4th November 2014 at 12:34. Reason: spelling

Last picture- Unitas 6498, manual wind. Also, probably means quite a large watch (alas, for me). Those hands, that Sewills badge though....
    After waiting many years for Eddie to do some dress watches, there's now an embarrassment of riches.
    It's just about as small as you can get with a 6498; as you can see, it fills the case. It's not just any 6498 though, it's been extensively modified.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cannot wait for a date on these- on leather Eddie?

Master
    Excuse my ignorance, didn't have time to google movement :(

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It's just about as small as you can get with a 6498; as you can see, it fills the case. It's not just any 6498 though, it's been extensively modified.

Eddie
    Ah yes, I remember talk of the multiple modifications in the original thread- look forward to reading more about these, along with the dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by DS3R View Post
    Cannot wait for a date on these- on leather Eddie?
    Ah well, here's the rub: I ordered some customs straps with engraved deployant and they're not ready yet :-(.

Eddie

TF is really on a roll at the moment
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    TF is really on a roll at the moment
    It certainly is. That's a gem.
    Gray

TF really is on a roll.

Not sure if the hands are meant to be just the frame like that but I like them the way they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
    TF really is on a roll.

Not sure if the hands are meant to be just the frame like that but I like them the way they are!
    Do you think I'd have accepted them if the hands weren't right? ;-)

Eddie

Nice to have a movement on display that's actually worth looking at.

Pretty good from the front too.

Looking good. I'm with snowman, the crown really crowns this watch.

Nice one, any price yet ?.

First a question (sorry if I've missed an obvious answer): is it a hacking movement, please? I'm hoping that was one of the modifications mentioned above.

Then, there's a strange distortion in the first photo you posted, Eddie. The watch doesn't look quite round and the sub-dial appears to be off centre. That's probably caused by being close in and over the crown. That said, it shows the concept well enough. Here's a link to one of your previous posts with your design illustration for anyone that's interested.

Clean and classy! Love that coin edged bezel!

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    First a question (sorry if I've missed an obvious answer): is it a hacking movement, please? I'm hoping that was one of the modifications mentioned above.

Then, there's a strange distortion in the first photo you posted, Eddie. The watch doesn't look quite round and the sub-dial appears to be off centre. That's probably caused by being close in and over the crown. That said, it shows the concept well enough. Here's a link to one of your previous posts with your design illustration for anyone that's interested.
    The watch was on a slope. Hacking was never mentioned.

Eddie

Not one I'd buy, but certainly one I'd admire. Very nice.

Very nice coin edged bezel and the crown the dial and the rear is very pretty good job !

I really liked the renderings and the actual watch is looking very good.

I love the big plate on the movement, but the stripes look a bit rough. I hope it's just because these are some quick shots in questionable lighting conditions. (and it doesn't help that there are so many amazing glamour shots of beautiful movements out there like this.)
    Last edited by andamanen; 5th November 2014 at 21:29. Reason: spelling...

That looks it has turned out very nicely indeed.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Craftsman
    A very nice piece Eddy. But I am a lover of white faced watches.

Can you divulge the case diameter?

The crown is like a propeller. Nice touch.

Blog Entries
    Any clue about the price range?

Quote Originally Posted by igorRIJEKA View Post
    Any clue about the price range?
    Yes. It will definitely be the price that appears on the site when the watch is available.
    Gray

Very nice and with some refreshing design details Eddy.....

Blog Entries
    That looks attractive in a not to common way, as mentioned above by Jeroen, some refrweshing design details.
    Lovely movement as well.

But..............I'm a little bit sad that the marine-chronometer power reserve thingy hasn't actually made it for sproduction.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

A very nice clean look, it didn't appeal to me at first but it's really nice and providing it isn't more than 40mm hmmm, wonder what rose gold would look like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    But..............I'm a little bit sad that the marine-chronometer power reserve thingy hasn't actually made it for production.

Daddel.
    Me too.

Master
    Whilst it isn't a model I feel I would want to own it is a thing of beauty particularly those Skeleton hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    That looks attractive in a not to common way, as mentioned above by Jeroen, some refrweshing design details.
    Lovely movement as well.

But..............I'm a little bit sad that the marine-chronometer power reserve thingy hasn't actually made it for sproduction.

Daddel.
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddler69 View Post
    Me too.
    You would have been more disappointed if what was available/possible had been fitted.

I bought 200 movements on the understanding that the power reserve modification could be carried out. I sent a picture of the mock-up and said I wanted the PR modification exactly as shown and they said they could do it. About 6 months later, they said they could do a power reserve but not as shown, the one they could do was only a 60 degree arc and that would have looked stupid.

I had no choice but to abandon the PR modification but I would not have started the project at all if I'd know at the beginning. The movements also took 18 months longer than the promised delivery date and everything had to be paid up-front so I didn't have the option of backing out.

Eddie

Journeyman
    You would have been more disappointed if what was available/possible had been fitted.

I bought 200 movements on the understanding that the power reserve modification could be carried out. I sent a picture of the mock-up and said I wanted the PR modification exactly as shown and they said they could do it. About 6 months later, they said they could do a power reserve but not as shown, the one they could do was only a 60 degree arc and that would have looked stupid.

I had no choice but to abandon the PR modification but I would not have started the project at all if I'd know at the beginning. The movements also took 18 months longer than the promised delivery date and everything had to be paid up-front so I didn't have the option of backing out.

Eddie
    Ouch on the last paragraph. The watch industry can be nuts. Was anyone else at the SalonQP seminar on starting your own watch brand? They pretty much said it was like this.

Blog Entries

Eddie
    Didn't know that Eddie,

I can remember the stupid position of the PR indicator, but the fact that you also thought it important enough to even abandon the project is new to me.

Well, under those circumstances it did turn out rather well!

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    I think this looks great. PR would have ruined balance IMO.

Blue strap with this one to match the hands Eddie?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippy View Post
    I think this looks great. PR would have ruined balance IMO.

Blue strap with this one to match the hands Eddie?
    Hrmm must have been imagining the PRS36 had a blue strap. Looks like a picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue :D

Will it be same strap?

i hope these are not the movements originally intended for the B-UHR watch? is that project still going ahead at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    i hope these are not the movements originally intended for the B-UHR watch? is that project still going ahead at some point?
    These are not the movements you are looking for.

Eddie

I've been following this Sewills design and I must say that I love it. The hands look superb along with the crown. You cannot beat the 6498 for reliability and that distinctive low beat tick.
    Last edited by j111dja; 27th November 2014 at 23:30.

Looks good, shame about the power reserve. Still, I think I have to have one of these beauties.

Would I be correct to assume that the due date, following the gestation period for this fine timepiece, is approximately some time next year? or is there perhaps a more significant, accurate date that has been pencilled in?
    I have been looking at this style of thing for a while and had seen a couple of examples but I feel more secure about purchasing from Mr.P than I do from elsewhere.
    Last edited by toezapper; 7th December 2014 at 01:25.

The plan is to supply with a custom strap on deployant. The watches are ready but the straps aren't :-(.

Eddie

The plan is to supply with a custom strap on deployant. The watches are ready but the straps aren't :-(.

Eddie
    oh... arse and darn it!

this little fella is a delight, i will have to make it my birthday present to myself I think. Swan Neck Regulator too is it? Any other adjustments I might understand? Has that fabulous retro marine look about it to my untrained eye. Quite lovely

Eddie
    Well, I sure mine will end up on a nylon to match it well... But I'm sure the strap will also be a thing of beauty too! How many pieces will be issued Eddie? 50 or 100?

Eddie
    A beauty, can't wait.
    Hopefully before Xmas.

Eddie