closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega 2594 - Bracelet Question - Any help very much appreciated!

Journeyman

Omega 2594 - Bracelet Question - Any help very much appreciated!

Hello everyone,

I have an Omega 2594 Chronograph with the standard bracelet for that model.

I’ve recently noticed that two of the links are becoming a little loose, with one in particular not looking the most secure. I have swopped to a nato for the time being but was wondering if anyone new the most cost-effective way to get the bracelet fixed?

I guess this is complicated a little because the bracelet is specific to that particular watch…

I understand an Omega service would fix this, but sadly I can’t currently afford the £500ish for that.

As I said, any advice/help etc. would be very gratefully received :)

Journeyman
    I had a Speedmaster ref 1479 bracelet repaired last year one of the pins broke on a link in the middle of the strap, the ones that aren't removable. I took it to a local repairer he used a punch to remove the broken pin and replaced it with a new one. I had taken to a local AD and was told I would have to buy a new strap, in the end it cost me £20.00 for the repair.
    The pins do wear when dirt and grit gets between the links if yours are worn it would give the impression of a loose link. I think any good repairer would be able to sort it out and no need for a expensive service, don't take it to a AD as most will probably try the "we'll have to send it to Omega line" or in my case "you need a new bracelet"

Can you post the 4 digit number on the clasp and the 3 digit number on the end-pieces, please? Those will positively identify your bracelet that I think is a fairly common SMP 'Speedy' type.

Edit: I'm guessing that the number are 1613 and 934.

Edit 2: Use the first number to look up spare links etc on Ofrei's pages (USA):

Cousins in the UK will be able to supply these spares (eg a full link for the 1613 is OME114ST1613 @ £27.80 + VAT). Then you'll have to decide if you feel up to doing the job. I'm sure that someone will be along with good advice as it may be that all you need to do is to replace the pins and tubes to take up the wear in your bracelet.
    Last edited by PickleB; 31st October 2014 at 17:10.

Grand Master
    I`ve sometimes resorted to using oversize (generic) pins and tubes to get rid of the slack (stretch) on these. Genuine Omega parts will fit securely, but the slackness won't be cured because that's due in part to wear in the links, and that's where the oversized parts are useful.

If the rest of the bracelet is very worn I`d advise a new bracelet. There's a lot of work in refinishing one and replacing all the links and pins is quite costly.

Paul