closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PRS-40 Show n' tell

Looking for a leather NATO for my PRS 40, any recommendations?
    Last edited by chafer; 10th December 2016 at 11:46.

Banned
    One of the timefactors ones.

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    One of the timefactors ones.
    Could you point me in the right direction please? I wasn't aware Eddie sold them and have just had a look, without success.

Timefactors.com and click on the "smiths" (top left above "watch range"). It's the third watch down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Timefactors.com and click on the "smiths" (top left above "watch range"). It's the third watch down.
    Thanks Dave, but I wasn't asking about the watch (I already have one). 'James_' replied to a query from 'chafer' about a leather NATO strap for the PRS-40 by suggesting "one of the Timefactors ones" and I couldn't find any mention of leather NATOs on Eddie's site. I've been considering trying a leather NATO on the PRS-40 for a while but not found the right strap yet.

I'd have thought a leather NATO would be way too thick.

I found it wore better if the flap of a standard NATO was cut off. Perhaps it's just me though!

I probably wouldn't wear it with anything other than a regular fabric NATO strap.

It was this image from Giovanni Moro himself that made me think leather NATO was a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I found it wore better if the flap of a standard NATO was cut off. Perhaps it's just me though!
    A NATO with the second piece of strap is known as a G10 pattern, with only a single it's an RAF pattern. G10 has 3 rings, RAF has 2.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Thanks for that Ralph, every day's a school day!

Banned
    Sorry I didn't notice that you mentioned you are looking for a leather nato. Not sure there are any Timefactors leather natos.

Have a look here...

http://www.timefactors.com/straps.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post
    Thanks Dave, but I wasn't asking about the watch (I already have one). 'James_' replied to a query from 'chafer' about a leather NATO strap for the PRS-40 by suggesting "one of the Timefactors ones" and I couldn't find any mention of leather NATOs on Eddie's site. I've been considering trying a leather NATO on the PRS-40 for a while but not found the right strap yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    I probably wouldn't wear it with anything other than a regular fabric NATO strap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post
    It was this image from Giovanni Moro himself that made me think leather NATO was a possibility.

Actually I think that the leather NATO looks really good on it.

Apprentice
    This might look great with a grey leather NATO strap.

Banned
    My PRS40 fresh back from repair. Really happy to have it back.

The model:

The shot:

The visitor:

And the taking of it:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Can someone bump this thread for me on Tuesday morning? I keep trying to remember to go back on a Tuesday to buy one of these, but sales are always closed by the time I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    Can someone bump this thread for me on Tuesday morning? I keep trying to remember to go back on a Tuesday to buy one of these, but sales are always closed by the time I remember.
    No worries, I remembered myself!

First new watch I've bought myself in a while. Absolutely loving it. Only slight gripe is the second hand doesn't hit the markers. Are there any tricks I can try to get them to line up?
    Last edited by HenPecked; 24th March 2017 at 18:56.

Banned
    Grats on your new PRS40.

I read somewhere that the second hand can be set to align properly but that it's very time consuming to do. Guess you just have to find someone who is willing to it. If you do find someone please let me know!

No worries, I remembered myself!

First new watch I've bought myself in a while. Absolutely loving it. Only slight gripe is the second hand doesn't hit the markers. Are there any tricks I can try to get them to line up?

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Grats on your new PRS40.

I read somewhere that the second hand can be set to align properly but that it's very time consuming to do. Guess you just have to find someone who is willing to it. If you do find someone please let me know!

I've been trying a trick that worked on a Seiko I have - pulling the crown just as it's about to tick, wiggling it a bit and putting it back. All I've achieved is it now hits exactly between the minute markers, rather than just after one.

So infuriating!

Banned
    I've been trying a trick that worked on a Seiko I have - pulling the crown just as it's about to tick, wiggling it a bit and putting it back. All I've achieved is it now hits exactly between the minute markers, rather than just after one.

So infuriating!
    It's the worst thing about quartz watches. I think I'm a bit less annoyed about mine now after a few months.