closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Generic stainless steel strap (advice please!)

Generic stainless steel strap (advice please!)

Hi all, I hope you're well. Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find a thread or the key words to search for! Basically I have a watch that came on leather that I would to buy a stainless strap for, something like this;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solid-Stai...item43b410275e

My question is how do you know if the curved ends will fit the watch head? Is it just a case of buy and hope! I am guessing watch heads being fairly uniform and round! means generic curved strap ends would fit most watch heads?

Apologies if this sounds a daft question! In addition if I thought they would fit I would happily buy something like a Wjean strap with solid end pieces but I am concerned about paying £60+ if they curve of the strap ends doesn't match the watch head! Make sense?

Thanks in advance all

Curved end-links have to be made for a certain case in order to ensure good fit. The shape of the lugs as well as the distance between case and lug holes dictate this.
    If you're lucky, you may be able to get generic end-links to fit with a lot of fettling, but it usually looks rather crude.
    Wjean's bracelets are mode for specific watches, so they usually fit very well. What watch are we talking about?
    Last edited by dschaen81; 10th November 2014 at 15:15.

Craftsman
    If you post what watch it is there is a fair chance that someone here has found a bracelet that fits. Also some watch look great with straight ended bracelets.

Hi guys thanks for the replies. Its for a citizen JQ8250
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006...&robot_redir=1
    I am also considering an Ollech and Wajs Mirage III on leather and the same situation would apply!

Thanks again

Craftsman
    I have a Wjeans solid bracelet on my 007 & the quality is great.
    You will also get the solid end links.