closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tell me about Seiko 5's

Hybrid View

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    One of my favorite watches is a S5... cost me less than 10 quid delivered and it hasn't missed a beat in the nearly two years I have owned it.
    Same here. I'm on the my second SNK809, but only because I ruined the first one trying to fix the hairspring after magnetising it at work. Luckily for me my second one came with the most recent 7S26C movement, and is fantastically accurate. You really can't go wrong, and using the savings over another watch on a collection of different straps will increase its wear-ability a thousand fold.

A word of caution with buying Seiko 5s off ebay - avoid sellers from India. There are a ton of them and they're notorious for selling frankenwatches (watches cobbled together from parts of other watches and then clumsily 'serviced' by just having the movement squirted with WD-40.

They're not all like that, and I've bought some other watches from Indian sellers with no issue, but Seiko 5s seem to be a magnet for such practices out of India.

Master
    As said great value and lots of styles to choose from, check out Amazon and Creation watches, as there's some great models and prices.
    Regarding the budget watch market, there's some great makes to choose from and great fun, take a look at Orient watches, one of their best budget watches is the Bambino.Don't forget the Russian military watches the Vostok Amphibians and Kommanderskies they have a cult following and can be easily modded.
    Choose wisely and once you decide to move on you'll lose very little money.

The "5" represents five functions or features of the watch, and all Seiko 5s conform to this. IIRC it's shockproof, waterproof/resistant, automatic and day and date displays.

Nothing wrong with a Seiko 5.They tell the time and date are very reasonably priced.Great beaters and if you break it then just replace it.

There are some shockers out there but just choose the ones you like.Same as any brand of watch.I love Omega and Rolex but cant bond to them all.

save you money...pick only those with quality..40th anni diver

Seiko 5's = best VFM out there for a mech watch.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    save you money...pick only those with quality..40th anni diver

I had the ti version of one of those for a while , incredibly comfy and an amazing depth to the dial
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.